03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Small "Live Tiles" .......๐ŸŒŸ
    In Lockscreen, Action Centre and in Task Switcher.
    06-10-2015 03:27 AM
    "Live tiles" are the most unique features Windows have.
    Why not take advantage of it !
    So who want "Live Tiles" in lockscreen, action centre and in task switcher?
    Plz i want all intrested "Insiders" feedback this suggestion to Microsoft team.
    06-10-2015 03:37 AM
    Firewall settings to control network connections ( wifi, Cell Data)
    Useful to disable Internet access for any chosen app.
    EndOfRope likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:23 PM
    Give the "Action Center" more actions like a music control, volume everything in one place. atm all the overlays (Music/Notifications/whatsoever) are a bit messy.

I've made a little concept here(Not a professional one):

sg48w2gz.png
    Joe920 and fluffyowl like this.
    06-13-2015 04:48 PM
    Just like Android.....
    XAP file should install (sideload) independently without opening store, any restart and without any network connection.
    Last edited by vivekgiri_7; 06-21-2015 at 08:33 AM.
    06-14-2015 10:18 AM
    I think MS should remove the hardware Search button. It's the single worst part of the Lumia design, and it's completely unnecessary. It takes only a couple of clicks to get to Cortana via software, and if you're in your browser already (as you probably are, if you suddenly need to search something) then you've no need to even leave the app you're in.

Who makes major use of this button? Hardly anyone, I expect. But we all find ourselves accidentally hitting that button and having to shutdown the Search app. It can be triggered by things that aren't even your fingers -- maybe, as I do, you use a Flashlight app to navigate your house and get to bed without disturbing your partner, in which case you'll know that all you have to do is place the phone backplate-up on your bed cover, and the touch of the sheets can trigger Search and switch your Flashlight off, leaving you in darkness! I realise this is a niche problem, but it's still irritating.

The HEW Search button's only benefit was to try and bait WP users towards Bing rather than Google, and if you insist on using Google (which the majority of WP users will do, if WP ever goes fully mainstream) then all the barriers and nag messages the system puts in your way only serve to **** you off.
    06-14-2015 01:57 PM
    I'm willing to live with the hamburger menus (not a big fan, but what can you do?). I'm even willing to live with the circle (instead of square) contact pictures. One thing I will not compromise in is lack of a dark theme for the mail/calendar app and the app store. I wish this would also make its way over to the OneDrive app as well. Having a dark theme is what turned me on to WP in the first place. I absolutely hate bright white backgrounds. It is so rough on my eyes and to me is VERY unelegant!.

I also would love it if MS FINALLY make their native apps (sports, finance, news, etc) have transparent tiles. I mean, this is one feature they were so proud to tout on WP 8.1 but not even their own apps have it!!!

These are really my 2 wishes. Everything else I can live with (albeit reluctantly).
    EndOfRope likes this.
    06-14-2015 03:59 PM
    Here's my small request for Windows 10 for phones - and if someone has already wished for this, well then that makes two of us - I haven't read all the entries in the tread...

My request would be with the 'photo' app. It's a lovely thing and its great that the tile alternates through a handful of pictures randomly, changing about daily. The problem is that once in a while the phone shows a really nice picture, one that I had forgotten about, my first reaction is 'oh let's see this again, let's see this bigger...' but of course you click on the thing and it simply get you to your pictures, with the most recent ones being shown. I'm not going to scroll to find the picture, I've got thousands and I don't know where it is...

So it would be nice that when you touched the tile and entered the app, you would have at the bottom the group that's being shown currently on the tile, and above that, all the photos in chronology like we have now.

Has any one run into this frustrating interaction with the photo app?
    06-16-2015 06:00 PM
    If Swiping up windows capacitive button could bring up dailer/contacts/speed dail will be easy and convenient for fast dailing.
    06-18-2015 10:18 AM
    If Swiping up windows capacitive button could bring up dailer/contacts/speed dail will be easy and convenient for fast dailing.
    or some other quick action
    06-19-2015 09:48 AM
    The new PIN screen looks very bad. I wish it would look something more like this... Dark and Light themes respectively
    lockscreen_dark.jpglockscreen_darkpin.jpglockscreen_light.jpglockscreen_lightpin.jpg
    06-20-2015 12:10 AM
    Bring USB tethering and hotspot.Everything else is already perfect (with windows 10) or so I think....
    06-20-2015 01:09 AM
    Do what the Chinese OEM's & asus (with the zenphone 2)are doing.
    06-20-2015 05:17 AM
    I would like to see Cortana on the left side of the Start Screen. Cortana is an amazing virtual assistant but having her on her own application ruins the experience, Cortana does not feel integrated within the OS. It would be a great idea if Cortana lived next to the Start Screen. Swiping to the right/ sliding to the left would slide the screen to Cortana. Having Cortana so easily accessible would improve how much users use Cortana.

The new Cortana would also display the Start Screen wallpaper blurred in the background. This would not only look sleek and nice but would unify Windows 10 Mobile.

VOTE HERE!!! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...n-the-start-sc

This is a very quick mock up I did cortana_startscreen_mockup.jpg
    06-20-2015 05:13 PM
    No more white phones!
    06-21-2015 04:35 AM
    Hey we want quick reply messaging app with more improvements ( more mean very more :) ) Like apple ios8. Thanks.
    06-21-2015 04:53 AM
    REPEATING AUDIBLE NOTIFICATIONS

Please, please! I need my phone to bleep every few minutes if I've missed an SMS message. This is a showstopper requirement for me.

Every other phone OS you can find either provides it built in, or supports apps that provide it (e.g. search for "Repeating Notifications" in the Android store). My phone lives in my pocket or bag so the flashing LED is no good for me.

Obviously which notifications (including none) should be user-configurable, as should the repeat interval. Also it must observe the "Quiet Times" feature.

Please, Microsoft - I can't buy a Windows phone until this feature appears!
    06-24-2015 02:39 AM
    -Bring back the large tiles! 2X2 and 2X1.
    -Ability to create playlists from folders in File Explorer
    -Transparent/Wallpapered notifications area
    06-26-2015 09:28 AM
    - Unlock screen with swipe just like BlackBerry OS10 do. (locked phone, swipe up from windows button will be unlock it to start)
    06-27-2015 06:14 AM
    Personally i am desperate for Microsoft to add an 'Auto-Answer' option when connected to a Bluetooth Handsfree Device.
    Drivers should not have to take their hands off the wheel to press a button on the phone in this day and age.

Vote for Auto Answer in Windows Phone HERE
    06-27-2015 08:08 AM
    Personally i am desperate for Microsoft to add an 'Auto-Answer' option when connected to a Bluetooth Handsfree Device.
    Drivers should not have to take their hands off the wheel to press a button on the phone in this day and age.

Vote for Auto Answer in Windows Phone HERE
    Doesn't bother me. The deck in my truck supports auto answer and it works great with my windows phone :)
    06-27-2015 06:06 PM
    1. Lockscreen types (Picture, Pattern, Pin ...etc).It should show battery percentage.
    2."Most used" sorting in the app list.
    3.Action centre should be of different colour or transparent .It should include music player and brightness slider.
    4.Notification centre should display store downloading and bluetooth sharing.
    5.DOWNLOADS APP that shows downloaded files in the browser.
    6.START SCREEN-Interactive tiles with new tile sizes.
    7.Landscape orientation with including action centre .
    8.Ability to lock apps and messages with pin.
    9.Little App gap should be filled fast.
    10.Support for new sensors, finger print and 3D touch..etc
    06-29-2015 07:01 AM
    I wish windows 10 mobile could install .exe
    06-29-2015 08:03 AM
    different colors for home screen tiles and phone accent color.
    i.e. Black, mostly transparent, tiles with a teal phone accent color (ui).
    06-29-2015 05:48 PM
    I would like to see some serious changes to Data Sense. As it stands in 8.1, it is useless if you have a shared data plan with multiple phones on the plan.

It should keep up with all the same usage data, but you should be able to configure an option as "shared data plan", and enter the Microsoft Accounts of all phones on the same shared data plan. Each user would then confirm they are part of that plan. Once all users are confirmed, you would be able to track each individuals data usage with overall summaries for all users. This way you can know at a glance how much shared data remains for the rest of the billing cycle. Data would have to be stored in a database online in one of the users OneDrive, with each person designated as part of that shared plan having full read/write access to the database file.

Other options for settings are also required. Some people have a monthly recurring data plan, and some people are every 30 days, others are every 7 days. An option for daily, monthly, and custom number of days should be added. Some people purchase an amount of data, and that data is good until used. This should also be handled somehow.
    06-30-2015 08:56 AM
598 ... 1617181920 ...