03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 12345 ...
tools
    Might as well get to ios and Android then
    ._. Me ? Ehhh im the one saying that I don't want iOS or android 2.0 on windows phone

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    06-23-2014 05:21 PM
    My most wanted feature. The one that I and anyone else wants is the elimination of these two words from the oS. Loading.... Resuming.... Anytime I see them, it makes whatever I'm doing slow to a crawl. Pisses me off as well
    That too ! Though I have been getting less and less of those in the apps i use ( minus skype I get the resuming screen )?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    06-23-2014 05:24 PM
    Might as well get to ios and Android then
    That's exactly what I did. And 95%+ of other smart phone buyers. Nice on Steve! Anyone interested in solving that problem?
    06-24-2014 12:04 AM
    That's exactly what I did. And 95%+ of other smart phone buyers. Nice on Steve! Anyone interested in solving that problem?
    Can't be helped if you desire a different UI. The tiles drove me to WP in the first place and I've stuck there, despite a brief stint with Android.
    06-24-2014 03:33 AM
    Can't be helped if you desire a different UI. The tiles drove me to WP in the first place and I've stuck there, despite a brief stint with Android.
    It could be helped if Microsoft changed the UI or offered an alternative. They should look at Android, which allows different launchers to be installed. That would help solve the problem.
    06-24-2014 04:02 AM
    It could be helped if Microsoft changed the UI or offered an alternative. They should look at Android, which allows different launchers to be installed. That would help solve the problem.
    Like a metro mode and an icon mode?
    ohgood likes this.
    06-24-2014 04:27 AM
    Nice well said but you are forgetting a few items as well

this is a rehash of my old post but it may over lap some of what you said
    Windows phone 8.1 list of items to work on
    1. Lock screen needs to be more expressive / Functional (more notification icons, , music controls on the lock screen with artist album and song labels ( we don’t need the album art like kitkat offers as the background).
    2. Lock screen lock options needed (ie picture password, voice unlock, face unlock, pattern unlock and pin).
    3. Actionable notification icons on lock screen option (double tap an icon will open the respective app.
    4. Battery percentage on lock screen
    5. Actionable Toast notifications mock up see attached pic.
    6. Action Center Toggles should be on and off switches not take you to the settings menu for wifi.
    7. Action Center Toggles should be at least 6 or more scrollable like Samsung does theirs.
    8. A toggle for Ring mode (Ring , Ring and Vibrate, Silent, vibrate).
    9. Action center notifications should be able to swipe left or right to dismiss them.
    10. Action Center notifications should auto collapse as more notifications come in (expandable and contractible ala android).
    11. Settings Menu can do with a tiled icon view as well as the current list view would be nice.
    12. When one taps phone we should have the option to go right into the dialer or the recent call screen. (I would prefer a sliding interface so from the dialer slide left for recent calls)
    13. An all programs grid view would be nice.
    14. When you launch Cortina she should expect me to speak or preferably a hello cortana would launch cortana from anywhere and she would be already listening to what I have to say.
    15. Folders should be built into the os not a nokia app.
    16. Make app resume and refresh time instantaneous or allow apps to periodically refresh in the background (ie getting a notification on fb messenger is faster than on my s4 but the apps has to resume then refresh to be up to date this should be seamless like on android. Maybe as a notification comes in the app refreshes and moves to a not suspended state for at least a minute so going into the app feels faster??? idk just saying MS).
    17. More BIG Name APPS that are coded properly with Full Feature set as ANDRIOD or IOS counterpart (I.E PAY DEVLOPERS TO BUILD AND UPDATE APPS FASTER KIND OF LIKE WHAT BLACKBERRY IS DOING.) Faster App updates (yes you Instagram lazy arse and others).
    18. Natively coded Facebook app please also chat heads or chat tile support would be nice for FB messenger.
    19. Power intensive apps native or not need to be refined
    20. More options under the camera UI settings menu I mean android and even BB have more options
    21. Notification light Support for non Nokia or devices not supporting glance screen (or an option to blink the windows key alone if notifications come in).
    22. Missing apps I need …. drop box, pulse news, oovoo, swarm ( foursquares replacement), google apps (youtube, google search, google+ etc), sound hound pro, and others
    23. IR blaster support??
    24. Keyboard is good … well done android phones I usually have to change for that but I have gripes. Do like LG or even Fleksy for android adjustable key size would be nice, add or remove certain keys would be nice, flick to the left would be good to delete works when swype is off, manually enter words into dictionary would be nice. Would love it if Windows would allow at least fleksy to integrate its keyboard into the phone as a replacement or if yall work with fleksy and integrate some of its features.
    25. Option to 3rd party keyboards maybe
    26. Option to separate ringtone and notification volume toggles.
    27. The X on an app in the task switcher should be a red Square with a white X in it stay true to windows please lol.
    28. Weather clock tile would be nice (I.E give the weather tile the option to show the clock on it too with options as to how you would like information displayed on the tile).
    29. Camera should show resolution options grouped under 16:9 wide or 4:3 for have resolutions to choose from and more options on the stock windows phone app

mock up of the actionable notifications feature
    Attachment 68866
    U want android and iOS on Windows Phone?
    Coz all those features are from iOS and Android
    Don't u want ur WinPhone experience to be unique from other Os's?
    Or just want an "integration" of features among OS's?
    Carlos002 and Jose Fernando like this.
    06-24-2014 04:27 AM
    Like a metro mode and an icon mode?
    exactly, yes, and please
    anony_mouse likes this.
    06-24-2014 04:40 AM
    great artists steal thats why Google and ios stole MS flat design
    bringing the features to windows does not mean a non unique experience as MS can implement it in a completely new way
    and btw one or two features are from blackberry ... actionable notifications are from bb that ios stole and made it their own ....
    this list is getting trimmed and refined btw ill post it when im done finding stuff in the OS that needs fixing or flat out improving.
    Last edited by Brandon Tobias; 06-26-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    arjunan likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:39 AM
    If this was the general idea, we would still be on windows phone 7
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    06-26-2014 09:37 AM
    If this was the general idea, we would still be on windows phone 7
    ikr and some of my list came from Samsung too which is from the touchwhizz skin not Android of itself.....
    as well *** Google has impressed me with Android L and whats coming i miss Android honestly ... but i can life on windows phone once i get the apps i usually use MS needs to step up their game cuz i think google just blew windows, IOS and BB10 out the water ... so i hope WP 9 and windows 9 is impressive.
    06-26-2014 12:45 PM
    I'd like:
    gif support in messages
    ability to interact with live tiles
    split screen multitasking in portrait and landscape on phone/tablet
    ability for inking with a stylus
    wireless project my screen to pc/tablet with keyboard support
    play to from browser/app to pc/xbox
    app switcher from left like Windows 8.1
    07-06-2014 11:12 AM
    I love Windows Phone, but there are some things I want to be changed, removed, etc:

1. I want the lock screen to be dynamic. Let us set animated photos or possibly videos.
    2. Other lock screen options. Either photo password, pattern, etc.
    3. Traditional "Desktop". It would be cool to see an IOS/Android style area rather than Metro. Of course, optional, not forced.
    4. Better support for game developers, and leaner rules for Xbox Live compatibility. I love how I can earn achievements in games on WP and it ties to my XBL account. Lately I feel developers are no longer using the system and simply releasing non XBL games. Gameloft is a good example.
    5. Allow an easier phone unlock system. Like, allow us to enter our serial number to unlock the phone and allow for complete control.
    6. Again with above, but Id like some Windows Mobile style freedom with the phone.

These are just my opinions.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    07-07-2014 12:31 AM
    A future wp is not about features! The main advantage of wp is the UX! I changed recently to Android, and i regret it now. Therefore it would be a nightmare, if you make wp more like Android. Please, no grid Design, or any crap like that. Please don't focus on pure Features. Focus instead in the implementation of the Features. Make wp more Metro/modern... Thats All i got to say about wp9 or any future wp. But never the less i'm gonna change back in the next months...

Sent from my HTC One mini using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    sahib lopez, arjunan and Wevenhuis like this.
    07-07-2014 06:33 PM
    Yeap man you are right!
    07-07-2014 06:39 PM
    sett.png
    Settings redone :D

alarms app with colours
    alarm.png

Redone Action center
    mod2.3.png

Recorder ill do over the render
    recorder2.png
    07-10-2014 12:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sett.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	71579

alarms app with colours

Name:	alarm.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	71580

Redone Action center

Name:	mod2.3.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	71581

Name:	Recorder2.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	71582
    I saw your thread .. The UI is awesome ...
    07-11-2014 07:02 AM
    i don't agree with No. 3, as long as the phone is locked, no one must be able to open anything besides music, unless a the the password is provided first.
    07-11-2014 07:32 AM
    i don't agree with No. 3, as long as the phone is locked, no one must be able to open anything besides music, unless a the the password is provided first.
    if its my number 3 you are talking about then ... i would think its obvious that if you double tap a notification icon it would ask for security credentials before taking one into the app to view notifications or what ever ...

also one should be able to use the quick toggles to turn things on an off without unlocking.
    07-11-2014 08:27 PM

Name:	sett.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	71579

alarms app with colours

Name:	alarm.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	71580

Redone Action center

Name:	mod2.3.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	71581

Name:	Recorder2.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	71582
    You should buy an Android phone! Then you could actually try out some of these ideas for real in an alternative launcher.

Why the #### do Microsoft not allow this?
    07-21-2014 09:42 AM
    update:

This list is pretty long....

Standby
    A glance screen that shows the time and battery percentage only while charging. Even for Non-Lumias
    Cortana can be called even with the screen off.. [hardware support needed .. phones without sufficient hardware can use this feature only while charging]

Hardware Support
    Support For higher resolutions.
    support For Additional Radios.

Start Screen
    Landscape support
    Interactive Live Tiles
    Large and Double Wide Tiles
    Support For a Fourth Medium Tile on devices with 5.5 inches and more
    Pinch in for a wider view [similar to what we see in windows 8]
    Non- Transparent tiles can be made translucent

Action Centre
    More than 10 quick settings by scrolling..
    Press to toggle, Hold to go to that settings page
    Granular Notification System
    Quick settings can be used to app toggles [ ex:- Go online in Skype]
    Interactive notifications iOS8 Style..... but More awesome
    courtesy: Brandon Tobias
    Attachment 68866

Alarms

General Improvements
    Wider Landscape Support
    Settings Sorted according to usage
    Apps can now be sorted

Additions
    Quick Launch... Long press windows key to show quick shortcuts to 5 apps[customizable] even in the lock screen
    Split Pane .. Controlled while multitasking

Dialler
    T9 support

Store
    Can now resume broken downloads
    Ability to download the update only and not the entire app in case of minor updates

Mail
    Better Service Integration
    Pinch-in to show Specific Folders [ ex:- Pinching in in Mail can Show the unread items only]

Me Tile
    Can be updated through the store even if not a separate app.
    Can now post to Multiple Apps at Once.. [open SDK]

Camera
    2 stage shutter Software Button.
    Improved UI

Messaging
    Unified and/or Merged messaging capabilities via 3rd party apps.. (open SDK)

Photos
    Can Do app work from within the hub itself ... Ex:- Colour popping with CS can be done from the hub itself (open SDK)

Games Hub
    Live Tile now shows Game Stats as well...

Internet Explorer 12
    Separate app.. Can be updated via the store
    Can Now Open Links and Download in the background by linking into the action centre
    Can redirect from Websites to the Specific Apps

Calendar
    Attendees of a reminder or appointment can now be notified via the messaging Hub too .

People Hub
    Can Now understand relations between your friends.. (if A is B's brother you can call B via A's contact card or tell cortana to call B's brother and she will call A)

Cortana
    Call Cortana without Pressing Any buttons to wake her up

Keyboard
    Keyboard suggestions are different in Different Places ( no swear words in Kids Corner, Friend's nickname getting suggested while only talking to a specific number of friends etc)

Lock Screen
    Slide Left or Right From the Lock Screen To Open an App/App position (eg:A certain Profile in Facebook) of your liking.
    New Unlock Methods.. Full Qwerty Password and Picture unlock (win8)

Additional Stuffs
    Now can watch video via volume controls..

That's It.....
    07-26-2014 10:07 PM
    Anyone know where to get the blue and green background used in the actionable notifications image
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    07-26-2014 10:09 PM
    You should buy an Android phone! Then you could actually try out some of these ideas for real in an alternative launcher.

Why the #### do Microsoft not allow this?
    I had an Android phone ... so i knw what MS is lacking with in Windows Phone and what they are excelling in thanks very much.
    If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self point is MS is dropping the ball with Windows and MS services on android are better than what comes with windows phone so sorry if my tips to make windows a little better is rooted in Android and other OS's

btw settings is a mess

if you did not like my post why make a comment.

Why MS don't allow those features is essentially they did not think of it first so they will be reluctant to copy it and if they do like Action center now its limited and has an MS spin on it. That and they are too preoccupied with other projects to focus on their core products so I hope these lay-offs and restructuring gets them back to putting out worthy software. Android app development can take a back seat as well focus on windows windows windows ......
    07-26-2014 11:14 PM
    I had an Android phone ... so i knw what MS is lacking with in Windows Phone and what they are excelling in thanks very much.
    If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self point is MS is dropping the ball with Windows and MS services on android are better than what comes with windows phone so sorry if my tips to make windows a little better is rooted in Android and other OS's

if you did not like my post why make a comment.
    I think you missed the point of my post, which was that Android allows alternative launchers (i.e. homescreen UIs). With Android, you could write an alternative launcher, try these ideas out and even distribute them to other people to use. Sadly, Microsoft do not allow that with Windows Phone, so you're stuck with what Microsoft choose to give you.
    07-28-2014 01:41 PM
    I think you missed the point of my post, which was that Android allows alternative launchers (i.e. homescreen UIs). With Android, you could write an alternative launcher, try these ideas out and even distribute them to other people to use. Sadly, Microsoft do not allow that with Windows Phone, so you're stuck with what Microsoft choose to give you.

oh cool i dont have an issue with the launcher they just need to make the stock one a bit more feature rich but MS dont listen to ppl like us im currently trying to build a app to kind of demonstrate what it ms should do with some of its apps black is nice a little colour never hurt no body
    07-28-2014 05:04 PM
598 12345 ...