The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 34567 ...
tools
    The action center should have more columns ( there are only 4 ) and it should open from right side
    There should be swipe from both left and right
    We can make any tile of any colour
    Games should be back in the game hub ( now they appear in the app list )
    The games should be made free that are free in android
    We can change any tile in any size
    To be continued....................
    08-27-2014 07:57 AM
    10636222_10152280035855814_2986648257216994566_n.jpg

Please solve this problem in next update.. its kinda annoying .... -_-
    Michael Vang likes this.
    08-27-2014 10:15 PM
    08-27-2014 10:54 PM
    I would love the ability to cycle through backgrounds for the start screen
    08-29-2014 04:32 AM
    Don't forget smart dialling. If my dad's number is 9911 then if I press 9 his name should pop up and if I tap it, it should automatically fill the number out for me. If I tap on 323 (DAD). His number should pop up on the screen as well.
    Ek-Balam and CamiKitti like this.
    08-30-2014 10:04 AM
    Here is my list :
    1. Add the ability for split screen.
    2. Add a third screen on left for notifications, news and settings.
    3. Add desktop environment and ability to download apps for the desktop.
    4.Add the charms bar.
    5. Add features : - Slide up from Start button to access Quick launch;
    - Slide up from Back button to access Task Manager;
    - Slide up from Search button to access in-app Search.
    6. Allow using Start screen horizontally and vertically.
    7. Organize Settings app in categories.
    8. Add more camera features.
    9. Let us organize the App list.
    10. Add Interactive Live Tiles.
    11. Revamp Alarm app look.
    12. Return Agenda view to Calendar.
    13. Allow us to better organize emails.
    14. Return the Photos hub and Messaging hub.
    15. Add the Heads Up display.
    16. Add interactive notifications.
    17. Add interactive lock screens and Start backgrounds and make them live.
    18. Add Speed Dial from Symbian and search phone numbers for places.
    19. Make Glance available for all WPs.
    20. Add the ability to control every device you own.
    21. Add more Cortana features and ability to launch Cortana by saying "Hi, Cortana!".
    22. Add ability to choose if you want games in App list.
    23. Revamped Office hub.
    24. Stylus support.
    08-30-2014 02:33 PM
    My wishes are small. Just more options on the action centre, especially being able to toggle data on/off whilst roaming. And better alarm with more snooze options.
    08-30-2014 09:17 PM
    If we want to launch Cortana we should not touch any key, the Cortana should open by just saying hi 🙋 Cortana
    08-31-2014 02:06 AM
    I don't ask much from my phone. I love my 1520 at it is already with wp8.1 update 1 and cyan. But my wish list is a short one. Mostly want subtle changes in the UI. First off I want the ugly big "X" to disappear from the apps when viewed on multitasking. I also want infinite apps on multitasking view just like iOS. I also want a slider option when choosing the tiles color. That way we can make out own colors and not just be limited to the 20 or so now available. I want the ability to add a shortcut to the start screen when swiping to the right. Or maybe swiping from the right will get you to the multitasking view instead of holding the back button. I want the ability to customize the timer on the hardware keys. Like in android. There is nothing worse than watching a movie or playing a game at night and have to focus your eyes away from the search, windows, and back buttons lid up. Something I thought would arive sooner than it did on iOS is the ability to make/receive calls and text messages on your PC laptop or tablet running windows. This I though was coming with the acquisition of Skype.... But apparently not yet..... I love my phone and don't plan on going away from windows phone. But these little things are the only things missing from my wish list so far. Oh.... One more.... The ability to double tap the home or back keys to leave an app. I hate playing a game and hitting the home key by mistake and exiting the game. This option is already enabled for search. Enable it for the other two buttons.
    Wevenhuis likes this.
    08-31-2014 01:24 PM
    Openvpn support. Really, for security this is a must.
    CamiKitti likes this.
    08-31-2014 01:45 PM
    1) please need update for SD card Apps ... after transfer of all apps start screen is lagging...
    2) need sound recorder
    3) call recorder (during call we can record voice of caller)
    and much more.......
    09-03-2014 12:16 PM
    In addition to speeding up the OS which has been slower since 8.1 and all the organizational stuff people mentioned, split screen would be an immensely useful feature.

Examples including being able to dial a phone number while seeing an app or web page. Or just copying and pasting from one thing to another split screen. Or just being able to follow a how-to video while doing it on the other half of the screen. Or Skyping while going to a web page. So many uses for split screen.
    09-03-2014 09:59 PM
    1) please need update for SD card Apps ... after transfer of all apps start screen is lagging...
    2) need sound recorder
    You need at least a class 10 Sd card for the OS to work properly without lagging. Or at least don't use live tiles of the apps you put on the Sd card
    09-03-2014 10:52 PM
    I also want a slider option when choosing the tiles color. That way we can make out own colors and not just be limited to the 20 or so now available.
    You can already choose any colour you want for the tiles by changing the start screen background
    09-03-2014 10:59 PM
    Stylus support
    Option to keep an app from getting killed automatically (off by default)
    Agenda view in Calendar
    - Multiple item in Calendar Live Tile
    Mail reading background following theme colour (no more white mail background while the rest of the phone is black)
    Plug-in architecture for Messaging, so all apps use the hub and all the contacts are integrated
    Manually flip Live Tile with a quick tap. Waiting for 10 seconds for the tile to flip to show something is too long. Live tile is supposed to be showing information quickly.

A standarized Wifi Direct file transfer. This includes all the other OS because it would be pointless if Windows Phone, Android and iOS has their own. That's like every platform use their own Bluetooth standard.

Only thought of that for the OS itself.
    What WP lacks is actually apps that can add ways to use the phone.

=========

Windows Store
    - Split My Apps category to separate applications I've tried and don't want to use again. Will make reinstalling apps really quick. It will also be a gesture to developers to know that their application failed and the market doesn't like it.
    - Stricter checking to reward developers who use features of Windows Phone such as the quick resume. Also remove permissions that are not needed (like Flash developers asking for update to latest version even though their application doesn't need features of the latest version)

OS update from Microsoft, and do it fast

If this was the general idea, we would still be on windows phone 7
    Well, Windows Phone feature development is controlled by the other manufacturers.
    Android and iOS just need to add a feature, and Windows Phone will avoid adding that feature because it's against their principle to not use anything from competitor no matter how useful it is.
    Last edited by rluka; 09-04-2014 at 04:10 AM.
    09-04-2014 03:55 AM
    You can already choose any colour you want for the tiles by changing the start screen background

You can, but the font color will not change.
    09-04-2014 11:29 AM
    Add the ability of one hand use on devices like the 1520
    09-04-2014 11:31 AM
    Thought I would jump aboard this Forum so here is my Wish list, hopefully I'm not too late joining lol. Read through a bit of the forum and may I say @arjunan and @Brandon. Praise the lord! Someone finally understands what we need for this OS. If only joining MS was so simple lol. We'd make this platform so much better. But Instead we rely on 30-50 year old adults who don't listen to our feedback on this OS. Anyway enough with my ********, here my wish list for Windows Phone 8.2/9

Cortana/Bing search

Cortana Post to Facebook & Twitter support

Bing search now supporting Black 'or' white theme independently for search

More detailed and broad search results with Cortana

Voice activate Cortana, 'Hello Cortana'

Bing image download support

Photo app

Create album groups

Music

Make beta app

More options when using music background

Put music controls on lockscreen and Action Center

Ratings for albums and songs

Internet Explorer

Default apps

Numbering on tabs button

Apps for Windows

Windows Books

Built-in apps (clock, flashlight)

More and better OneDrive integration

Settings

Organized settings

Multitasking

Multi Windows

'close all' option in multitasking

Action Center

Landscape support

Notification status # next to app in list

Quick Reply

Swipe away notifications individually from same app

Five quick options in Action Center

Support for all downloading files in Action Center

Brightness rocker in Action Center

Only need to tap on quick settings to turn on or off that setting, hold down to enter.

Maps

Turn-by-turn navigation.

Here maps and Bing Maps combined

Support lock screen voice and turn navigation

Windows Phone Store

Add to Wishlist for apps

Support wide live tile

Better organized store

Profile manager in store (check updates, see all apps, make a profile.)

Navigation

Integrate Nokia HERE Drive+ and Maps for turn by turn navigation

App list

Folder support in App list

Differentiate App list by category, most used or recently installed

Messaging

Bring Profile pictures in messaging app

Change theme or typography in messaging app by light faint line of seperstion.

Bring back Facebook messaging in Threads, turn on or off option going to FB Messenger

Keyboard

Cortana voice texting

Office Mobile

Bring Publisher, and Access to Office Mobile 2013

Add more tools and actions

Personalization&StartMenu

Add more colors

Multiple tiles selection

Support background imaging for start screen

Color transparency tiles different colors

Interactive live tile support

Large tile support

Charge while device is off.
    09-08-2014 06:13 PM
    09-08-2014 06:37 PM
    Two really simple one - both regarding settings.
    1. List settings in alphabetical order. Or at least allow user to move settings up and down manually. The list has no logical order and it's a pain swiping up and down to find them
    2. Allow an individual setting to be pinned to start screen. Every time I want to change a setting, I have to hit settings tile, find the setting I want to change. Simplify this by allowing user to place a tile for that specific item(s) in the settings list
    09-13-2014 04:12 PM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...uickly-wp.html

I had created a separate thread without seeing it.
    We all have seen MS doing great job in adding good number of features to the OS and making it awesome. Still there are features which if added could make life simpler and as people say MS can CATCH UP. I m listing up some i feel are necessary.
    Photos, Songs and videos handled by apps easily
    Battery control
    More Multi tasking [apps dont just stop running, user can leave in background so app can run]
    better sharing features [bluetooth pairing is not so easy. email attachments are different story themselves]
    control on app data stored [other memory]
    pattern lock
    app locker [or make using the apps corner a bit more fast]
    Just adding content as it is here..
    09-14-2014 08:29 AM
    A simple one would be adding music playback controls to the notification center. I know these can be accessed via the volume buttons but from a UX perspective it makes no sense to have to adjust the volume in order to pause or change tracks, much less see the name of the track that's currently playing.

A not so simple one would be introducing something similar to Apple's continuity between Windows Phone and Windows 8. It would be awesome to be able to connect your phone and then send and receive calls and texts through your computer. I can see Skype moving in this direction (already supports calling phones), but they need to do away with their fees and beef up the rest of it's functionality before it can be a truly viable contender.
    09-21-2014 09:58 AM
    Fix the phablet experience. Mail, for example, looks the same on all screen sizes.

Also, IE needs to refresh pages less. I have two GB of RAM. There is probably more, like fixing the multitasking menu.
    09-28-2014 09:41 AM
    pdf reader with night mode and text reflow for reading ebooks...i can't even find one in the store

ability to lock my network to 3g/4g...a must for me!!!

play mkv files natively...moliplayer can't play 1080p mkv videos, only the audio

one-hand mode!!!

smart dialing...natively

download lyrics and album art in music app

night mode in news...my eyes hurt reading in the dark with white background

tagalog input for keyboard...or give us swiftkey

allow horizontal gaps in start screen...let me place my live tiles anywhere

background for start screen and menu...not just background for transparent tiles...and not just black and white

give us the option to download more than 100 mb!!!

adblock for ie!!!
    09-28-2014 08:49 PM
    I don't know if Microsoft made it clear during the presentation: a feature should be that current universal apps just "run". No ifs and buts. That is important to not scare away companys and developers in the time in between.... and it could give the whole universal app thing a momentum way before the release.
    09-30-2014 02:37 PM
598 ... 34567 ...