03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 45678 ...
tools
    A start screen that pops up like Cortana. Mixes start menu with the phone OS.
    09-30-2014 05:33 PM
    I just want my phone to talk to my computer more. Think text messages, phone calls, notifications etc on the desktop.
    That, combined with Cortana being on both the desktop and phone will drive up sales dramatically.
    ByeVanno likes this.
    09-30-2014 07:13 PM
    Hyper-V in the preview?
    10-01-2014 06:42 PM
    Apple Continuity for all Windows 10 devices in WiFi range signed into the same Microsoft account.

The apps that would support it:

Mail
    Internet Explorer
    Office
    Maps
    Contacts

also ability for 3rd party apps to use this capability. I know people will scream "you copied Apple", but this is a great feature and Windows needs it.
    10-02-2014 12:11 PM
    I just want my phone to talk to my computer more. Think text messages, phone calls, notifications etc on the desktop.
    That, combined with Cortana being on both the desktop and phone will drive up sales dramatically.
    Basically you want the latest capabilities of iOS & OS X.
    10-02-2014 12:12 PM
    Wishlist:
    • Dynamic animation in start menu (right now it just appears...)
    • Dynamic animation when opening an app (again, it just appears.)
    • Windows+Tab to change between desktops.
    • Dynamic animation when changing between desktops.
    • Anyting that shows you in wich desktop you are.
    • Redesign all icons to get match my PC and File Explorer style.
    • New desktop backgrounds.
    smoledman likes this.
    10-02-2014 02:57 PM
    Wishlist:
    • Dynamic animation in start menu (right now it just appears...)
    • Dynamic animation when opening an app (again, it just appears.)
    • Windows+Tab to change between desktops.
    • Dynamic animation when changing between desktops.
    • Anyting that shows you in wich desktop you are.
    • Redesign all icons to get match my PC and File Explorer style.
    • New desktop backgrounds.
    I have a feeling that those animations will appear near the end of the preview period. Those are usually the final polishing touches.
    10-02-2014 11:44 PM
    Minimize all the photo editing apps and simplify things into the camera app or under the photo options.

Make things more simple I should have to swipe and tap 10 times to reach where I want to go. My parents like simplicity, easy to use, simple to find things they need on the phone. Don't entitle yourself to one age group.

I want a more unified experience on all devices. Windows phone shouldn't be that much different than the desktop version. Xbox one should have a similar experience.

Quit all the app animation. I hate when I tap an app and it gives me the start splash screen to the app. Go straight to the app with no loading or splash screen.

MS has gotten away from the speed of doing certain functionalities. I remember taking a photo and posting it fastest was their niche. It seems they have drifted away from that. Speed overall should be MS focus.

I honestly Don't think MS is doing enough on the app situation. They should have a team attacking developers to develop for windows 10. I swear I've been waiting on my financial institutions official app since wp7. Still haven't got the app but they supported apple pay or whatever its called right out the gate.

MS has dome nothing to overwhelm people. MS work has been satisfactory. Just enough to get recognized. I feel MS needs to be the innovator and not the follower. Now that NFC is on Apple devices in sure plenty of uses for NFC will explode. But guess what, this feature had been on Android and Windows devices.
    10-05-2014 08:42 PM
    Why is Xbox video and music two separate apps. Unify this apps and call it Xbox media player or something. Bring back windows media player, **** was so simple then. Simply drag and drop music or videos. You can add the store on top of that. Why do I have to pay to listen. This sucks.

Xbox gamer tags should be part of contacts. Or even PSN gamer tag.

Cortana should be accessible with holding the search button. I should be able to speak with Cortana just like I can with Xbox.

Why hasn't MS implemented widgets or switches. Turning on and off Bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode etc shouldn't have to go through notification bar then to settings to turn off or on. I popup should come up to select what device or whatever. Simplify things MS.

Why no notification light on any devices. This is so stupid
    .glance isn't offered on all device. Therefore notification lights can be used. More so a multi color notification light. A different color light for different types of notifications
    10-05-2014 08:51 PM
    IE simply blows. It's gotten better. But this **** should be more robust for exploring the web

Downloading from the web sucks. It's no possible way. I want to download mixtapes from websites onto a external storage card. O I forgot MS doesn't support external memory on all their devices.

Windows tablets need the ability to download load and run apps from external memory. I can only have like 10 apps on my device before I have to watch what I download. Partly that's my fault because my tablet loaded all my OneDrive files onto my tablet and not online only
    10-05-2014 08:55 PM
    IE simply blows. It's gotten better. But this **** should be more robust for exploring the web

Downloading from the web sucks. It's no possible way. I want to download mixtapes from websites onto a external storage card. O I forgot MS doesn't support external memory on all their devices.

Windows tablets need the ability to download load and run apps from external memory. I can only have like 10 apps on my device before I have to watch what I download. Partly that's my fault because my tablet loaded all my OneDrive files onto my tablet and not online only
    I forgot when Microsoft became the OEMs. This isn't a lack of Microsoft support, nor is it their fault or their problem.

As for your OneDrive/Space problem, you admit that's your fault. Also:
    How to Install Windows Store Apps to an SD Card or Another Drive
    10-06-2014 07:31 AM
    An "add to wishlist" button in the store so that you can download apps later.

It's very useful in my Android device because there are certain times that I need my PC to fully utilize my connection. I can actually just go back to the app but most of the time I forget about it.

Is there a button like this? Because I haven't seen it.. I'd like that.

Another is of course, a better music player.
    10-06-2014 07:48 AM
    An "add to wishlist" button in the store so that you can download apps later.
    This ^
    10-06-2014 08:51 AM
    Yeah a few things that Apple has done are pretty cool. No shame in recognizing a good idea.
    10-07-2014 01:00 AM
    I really wish things were merged better. Contacts and phone and speed dial are separate and it's stupid. I show be able to add contacts to speed dial from any contact info screen. Instead of having to go back to speed dial and then add them. You should be able to do it all from People app too.
    10-07-2014 01:05 AM
    Mail should let you know how many total unread emails are in each inbox instead of how many unread since the last time the app was open.
    10-07-2014 01:06 AM
    Files app should be able to open every file other apps on the phone can open. Some .avi files won't open in Files app but open fine in video.
    10-07-2014 01:08 AM
    Video should have a next video forwards and back button. Videos should be able to be arranged in specific order.
    10-07-2014 01:09 AM
    Search should be able to open a new query in the same internet explorer window if you want to.
    10-07-2014 01:09 AM
    Settings need to be consolidated.
    10-07-2014 01:10 AM
    A shake to undo typing button like on iPhone.
    10-07-2014 01:11 AM
    Here are some of the few features of windows 10:
    Start button is back.
    Desktop returns-Windows 10 puts the desktop back in its rightful place, front and center as soon as you start up your computer
    Continuum mode.
    Windows 8s Snap feature, which lets you move apps to either side of the screen, also returns in Windows 10. This time, though, you can snap both Windows 8 apps and regular programs to either side of your screen. It can do multitasking works.
    Windows 10s new Task view is similar to the Mission Control feature found in Apples OS X. From Task view, you can open multiple desktops, each with their own apps.
    arjunan likes this.
    10-07-2014 06:54 AM
    I really want tiles background. Black or white background looks poor. It would be great to have background screen on meny.
    Also tiles should be more customizable more than now. For example to have option to set transparency of tiles. Tile design should support other color for picture of app then just white color. Also It would be great to turn of tiles button and to have icons only and background photo. Also more tiles color or maybe even color picker.

Of course facebook official app but not from Microsoft. Also calls option on facebook messanger.

More option on notification centar. For example button for mobile internet on/off.

I have wishes for design. More customization, please Microsoft :D !
    10-08-2014 06:03 AM
    *redacted *
    10-10-2014 07:50 AM
    I'd like some improvements in Bing Search. I want the possibility to choose where doing my research before of writing the text. In Windows 8.1 I can do it, choosing if searching in settings, files, web images etc... In Windows Phone 8.1 I must choose it after the research and it isn't very useful.
    10-13-2014 11:13 AM
598 ... 45678 ...