Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

kataria

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

The action center should have more columns ( there are only 4 ) and it should open from right side
There should be swipe from both left and right
We can make any tile of any colour
Games should be back in the game hub ( now they appear in the app list )
The games should be made free that are free in android
We can change any tile in any size
To be continued....................

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget smart dialling. If my dad's number is 9911 then if I press 9 his name should pop up and if I tap it, it should automatically fill the number out for me. If I tap on 323 (DAD). His number should pop up on the screen as well.

Mihailo Miki

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Here is my list :
1. Add the ability for split screen.
2. Add a third screen on left for notifications, news and settings.
3. Add desktop environment and ability to download apps for the desktop.
4.Add the charms bar.
5. Add features : - Slide up from Start button to access Quick launch;
- Slide up from Back button to access Task Manager;
- Slide up from Search button to access in-app Search.
6. Allow using Start screen horizontally and vertically.
7. Organize Settings app in categories.
8. Add more camera features.
9. Let us organize the App list.
10. Add Interactive Live Tiles.
11. Revamp Alarm app look.
12. Return Agenda view to Calendar.
13. Allow us to better organize emails.
14. Return the Photos hub and Messaging hub.
15. Add the Heads Up display.
16. Add interactive notifications.
17. Add interactive lock screens and Start backgrounds and make them live.
18. Add Speed Dial from Symbian and search phone numbers for places.
19. Make Glance available for all WPs.
20. Add the ability to control every device you own.
21. Add more Cortana features and ability to launch Cortana by saying "Hi, Cortana!".
22. Add ability to choose if you want games in App list.
23. Revamped Office hub.
24. Stylus support.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

My wishes are small. Just more options on the action centre, especially being able to toggle data on/off whilst roaming. And better alarm with more snooze options.

kataria

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

If we want to launch Cortana we should not touch any key, the Cortana should open by just saying hi 🙋 Cortana

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't ask much from my phone. I love my 1520 at it is already with wp8.1 update 1 and cyan. But my wish list is a short one. Mostly want subtle changes in the UI. First off I want the ugly big "X" to disappear from the apps when viewed on multitasking. I also want infinite apps on multitasking view just like iOS. I also want a slider option when choosing the tiles color. That way we can make out own colors and not just be limited to the 20 or so now available. I want the ability to add a shortcut to the start screen when swiping to the right. Or maybe swiping from the right will get you to the multitasking view instead of holding the back button. I want the ability to customize the timer on the hardware keys. Like in android. There is nothing worse than watching a movie or playing a game at night and have to focus your eyes away from the search, windows, and back buttons lid up. Something I thought would arive sooner than it did on iOS is the ability to make/receive calls and text messages on your PC laptop or tablet running windows. This I though was coming with the acquisition of Skype.... But apparently not yet..... I love my phone and don't plan on going away from windows phone. But these little things are the only things missing from my wish list so far. Oh.... One more.... The ability to double tap the home or back keys to leave an app. I hate playing a game and hitting the home key by mistake and exiting the game. This option is already enabled for search. Enable it for the other two buttons.

Darshit Shah

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

1) please need update for SD card Apps ... after transfer of all apps start screen is lagging...
2) need sound recorder
3) call recorder (during call we can record voice of caller)
and much more.......

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

In addition to speeding up the OS which has been slower since 8.1 and all the organizational stuff people mentioned, split screen would be an immensely useful feature.

Examples including being able to dial a phone number while seeing an app or web page. Or just copying and pasting from one thing to another split screen. Or just being able to follow a how-to video while doing it on the other half of the screen. Or Skyping while going to a web page. So many uses for split screen.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

1) please need update for SD card Apps ... after transfer of all apps start screen is lagging...
2) need sound recorder

You need at least a class 10 Sd card for the OS to work properly without lagging. Or at least don't use live tiles of the apps you put on the Sd card

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I also want a slider option when choosing the tiles color. That way we can make out own colors and not just be limited to the 20 or so now available.

You can already choose any colour you want for the tiles by changing the start screen background

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Stylus support
Option to keep an app from getting killed automatically (off by default)
Agenda view in Calendar
- Multiple item in Calendar Live Tile
Mail reading background following theme colour (no more white mail background while the rest of the phone is black)
Plug-in architecture for Messaging, so all apps use the hub and all the contacts are integrated
Manually flip Live Tile with a quick tap. Waiting for 10 seconds for the tile to flip to show something is too long. Live tile is supposed to be showing information quickly.

A standarized Wifi Direct file transfer. This includes all the other OS because it would be pointless if Windows Phone, Android and iOS has their own. That's like every platform use their own Bluetooth standard.

Only thought of that for the OS itself.
What WP lacks is actually apps that can add ways to use the phone.

=========

Windows Store
- Split My Apps category to separate applications I've tried and don't want to use again. Will make reinstalling apps really quick. It will also be a gesture to developers to know that their application failed and the market doesn't like it.
- Stricter checking to reward developers who use features of Windows Phone such as the quick resume. Also remove permissions that are not needed (like Flash developers asking for update to latest version even though their application doesn't need features of the latest version)

OS update from Microsoft, and do it fast

If this was the general idea, we would still be on windows phone 7
Well, Windows Phone feature development is controlled by the other manufacturers.
Android and iOS just need to add a feature, and Windows Phone will avoid adding that feature because it's against their principle to not use anything from competitor no matter how useful it is.

Last edited:

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Thought I would jump aboard this Forum so here is my Wish list, hopefully I'm not too late joining lol. Read through a bit of the forum and may I say @arjunan and @Brandon. Praise the lord! Someone finally understands what we need for this OS. If only joining MS was so simple lol. We'd make this platform so much better. But Instead we rely on 30-50 year old adults who don't listen to our feedback on this OS. Anyway enough with my ********, here my wish list for Windows Phone 8.2/9

Cortana/Bing search

Cortana Post to Facebook & Twitter support

Bing search now supporting Black 'or' white theme independently for search

More detailed and broad search results with Cortana

Voice activate Cortana, 'Hello Cortana'

Bing image download support

Photo app

Create album groups

Music

Make beta app

More options when using music background

Put music controls on lockscreen and Action Center

Ratings for albums and songs

Internet Explorer

Default apps

Numbering on tabs button

Apps for Windows

Windows Books

Built-in apps (clock, flashlight)

More and better OneDrive integration

Settings

Organized settings

Multitasking

Multi Windows

'close all' option in multitasking

Action Center

Landscape support

Notification status # next to app in list

Quick Reply

Swipe away notifications individually from same app

Five quick options in Action Center

Support for all downloading files in Action Center

Brightness rocker in Action Center

Only need to tap on quick settings to turn on or off that setting, hold down to enter.

Maps

Turn-by-turn navigation.

Here maps and Bing Maps combined

Support lock screen voice and turn navigation

Windows Phone Store

Add to Wishlist for apps

Support wide live tile

Better organized store

Profile manager in store (check updates, see all apps, make a profile.)

Navigation

Integrate Nokia HERE Drive+ and Maps for turn by turn navigation

App list

Folder support in App list

Differentiate App list by category, most used or recently installed

Messaging

Bring Profile pictures in messaging app

Change theme or typography in messaging app by light faint line of seperstion.

Bring back Facebook messaging in Threads, turn on or off option going to FB Messenger

Keyboard

Cortana voice texting

Office Mobile

Bring Publisher, and Access to Office Mobile 2013

Add more tools and actions

Personalization&StartMenu

Add more colors

Multiple tiles selection

Support background imaging for start screen

Color transparency tiles different colors

Interactive live tile support

Large tile support

Charge while device is off.

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Two really simple one - both regarding settings.
1. List settings in alphabetical order. Or at least allow user to move settings up and down manually. The list has no logical order and it's a pain swiping up and down to find them
2. Allow an individual setting to be pinned to start screen. Every time I want to change a setting, I have to hit settings tile, find the setting I want to change. Simplify this by allowing user to place a tile for that specific item(s) in the settings list

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12