The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I want a free color picker for the accent color, instead of a couple of predefined colors
    Last edited by wpcontinue; 10-16-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    10-16-2014 01:58 AM
    Openness for smartphone while keep security better
    I think Microsoft restricting most elements that used in most accessories and apps for Android and iOS (such remote shutter, external flashes, external audio DAC, USB OTG, external keyboard and more) in their API due to security issues. Microsoft should add openness for hardware and software developer in order to make it more competitive with Android and iOS in accessories segment, but keep concerning the security because Windows Phone has best security than their main competitor (while it is not secure as BlackBerry which it aimed for enterprise). Both security and openness must developed together in order to create balanced environment

Tutorial in first start
    Microsoft said Windows Phone was easy to use, although not all people can using them easier as they don't understand, that's why much Windows Phone smartphone was been auctioned due of that. So to avoid financial loss, Microsoft should add tutorial for new user!

Phone Integeration with PC
    Same as Handoff in OS X which connect iOS devices with BT4 and Wi-Fi in order to able place and receive phone calls to and from Windows smartphone, send and receive text message, receiving notification from Windows phone and tabs, Wi-Fi hotspot and more. But in Windows 10, it should add USB-free file syncing, remote desktop from phone and mobile devices, and you suggest it for this feature.

New hardware support
    Although not all hardware support is necessary for now, 4+ core processor with Global Task Scheduling support, 2GB+ RAM support, MHL, USB OTG, and more in Android and iOS!

Desktop docking mode
    If manufacturer support this feature, docked Windows Phone (like Asus Padfone) can be used as full desktop experience

And more that I can't remember that

Hope my wish can be true while not at all
    10-17-2014 05:45 AM
    Hell, I just hope that when it's ready we get the updates in a timely fashion!
    10-17-2014 06:04 AM
    I would like few changes in the Contacts
    1.ability to sync contacts with different accounts.
    2.exporting contacts to sim.

EDIT: Also an option of restarting the phone instead of just turning it off.
    10-17-2014 06:31 AM
    User programmable macro functions, at least to enter text. I must have entered my 27 character long email address a thousand times by now on this phone. If I could do that in a couple of keystrokes, I'd be ecstatic.
    10-17-2014 08:20 AM
    User programmable macro functions, at least to enter text. I must have entered my 27 character long email address a thousand times by now on this phone. If I could do that in a couple of keystrokes, I'd be ecstatic.
    On iPhone you can make yourself a contact and set the phone to know that's you so it can automatically fill out info from your contact information when you are asked for it online.
    10-17-2014 06:21 PM

EDIT: Also an option of restarting the phone instead of just turning it off.
    That's already there. It's called soft reset
    10-18-2014 12:11 AM
    That's already there. It's called soft reset
    Yeah, but it isn't an option in a list is what he's saying. And he's right.
    10-19-2014 08:45 AM
    Besides a toggle option for settings in Quick actions, I'd like to be able to swipe left while Notifications is onscreen to have a list of toggles for 'toggleable' features where multiple features can be turned on or off at once - WiFi, Quiet hours, BT, etc. This would allow quick changes from quick actions while giving easy access to other settings. It would also keep UI consistency where a left swipe from the start screen lists apps and from notifications a list of setting toggles.
    10-20-2014 07:52 AM
    Create your own Cortana answers! Everyone wants it. You know you do!
    10-21-2014 04:36 PM
    Vertical (in portrait mode) snapping for Modern apps (something like what's on samsung phones and tablets). Would be greatly useful for 8-inch or smaller windows devices (phone or tablet,) or devices that encourage portrait use (like the SP3.)

Also, landscape mode for phones that involves everything, tiles, apps, action center, like what Apple has done with iOS 8 and iPhone 6. Would enhance the flow and the uniformity of the whole Windows experience on phone, as it just gets really annoying to have to pull the action center from the side with everything in the wrong alignment when using the phone in landscape, or get thrown to a vertical start screen and app list from a landscape app and being forced to switch position.
    ZackTheNever likes this.
    10-22-2014 05:26 AM
    Wish list is simple and practical and should have been adapted from Symbian:
    1. The ability to send videos in the video hub over Bluetooth and NFC.

2. Switching off my phone during charging.

3. The alarm going off even when the phone is powered off.

4. Better music control from the pull down slider.

5. Removal of the games hub and maps (not here maps) since I don't see the point of having it anymore after 8.1.

That's all. I am not one of those gimmicks engrossed people like the majority of people here. If I wanted those gimmicks, I would have gone for Android or Apple in the first place. I chose Windows for its practicality and sincerely hope that it will continue to deliver robust user experience and maintain its fluidity. That's the reason why Beethoven and Mozart are still being played today: Consistency. I leave the rest to the excellent developers in the Microsoft research team.
    ZackTheNever likes this.
    10-22-2014 05:55 AM
    Add more background color option other than black and white.
    10-22-2014 06:27 AM
    Run on the bare minimum of specs.
    You know, 400 MHz processor, 1 Mb ram, VGA camera, etc.

change between phone and desktop mode.
    desktop in phone.
    I had another idea, I will post it when I remember.
    Last edited by someone2639; 10-23-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    10-22-2014 07:14 AM
    Ha! They'll never do more than half of that. I honestly think Interactive live tiles is a bad idea for a few reasons
    10-23-2014 12:39 PM
    I remembered.
    picture password, like Windows 8.
    3-block wide tile.
    multitasking themes. Like a bubble under the app that will pop when the app closes.
    start screen themes. Not those themes, something like diagonal scrolling.
    Last edited by someone2639; 10-24-2014 at 07:06 AM.
    ByeVanno likes this.
    10-23-2014 05:08 PM
    * Support for QHD and UHD resolutions
    * Support for 64 bit chipsets
    * Smart-dialing (its 2014, hello?!)
    * Actionable notification from lockscreen
    * Sort settings alphabetically
    * Double tap to wake device up
    * Change default apps to open for browser, calculator, calendar etc.
    * 3rd-party keyboards support
    * Expand Bing services to more countries
    * Data toggle in Action Center
    * Toggles in action center toggles on/off state, and not diverts to another page to toggle the state
    * Expand Cortana to more countries
    * Color picker for accent colors
    * Wishlist in Windows Store
    * Native panorama, burst mode & slow-mo function in the camera app
    10-25-2014 01:30 PM
    Photosynth built in.
    10-25-2014 10:16 PM
    Updated Twitter and Instagram app.
    10-29-2014 08:26 AM
    Updated Twitter and Instagram app.
    Good luck with that!
    haikallp likes this.
    10-29-2014 03:29 PM
    bring the ability of wifi hotspot rather than internet sharing so that large files can be transferred using wifi file transfer app( like shareit) between two WP currently it requires a wifi router
    11-06-2014 01:45 AM
    All I want is for a secure fast and reliable os without region restrictions on features. Also I would like to see a section in the settings which would allow you to add or remove features you want or don't want. Eg settings> add features> add,remove kids corner. It would allow the user complete control and customization of there device. I know a few features I would like to remove as I don't use them.
    Last edited by mikey2toes; 11-06-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    11-06-2014 02:12 AM
    Run on the bare minimum of specs.
    You know, 400 MHz processor, 1 Mb ram, VGA camera, etc.

change between phone and desktop mode.
    desktop in phone.
    I had another idea, I will post it when I remember.
    Even the feature phones can't run with this amount of RAM
    11-06-2014 02:31 AM
    Even the feature phones can't run with this amount of RAM
    Well, in 1997 they could.
    11-06-2014 06:04 AM
    bring the ability of wifi hotspot rather than internet sharing so that large files can be transferred using wifi file transfer app( like shareit) between two WP currently it requires a wifi router
    What are you talking about? Internet sharing is creating a WiFi hotspot. Use Easy Transfer of you want to transfer large files. No need for external WiFi.
    11-06-2014 06:09 AM
598 ... 56789 ...