Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

If this was the general idea, we would still be on windows phone 7

ikr and some of my list came from Samsung too which is from the touchwhizz skin not Android of itself.....
as well *** Google has impressed me with Android L and whats coming i miss Android honestly ... but i can life on windows phone once i get the apps i usually use MS needs to step up their game cuz i think google just blew windows, IOS and BB10 out the water ... so i hope WP 9 and windows 9 is impressive.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I'd like:
gif support in messages
ability to interact with live tiles
split screen multitasking in portrait and landscape on phone/tablet
ability for inking with a stylus
wireless project my screen to pc/tablet with keyboard support
play to from browser/app to pc/xbox
app switcher from left like Windows 8.1

cameroncr95

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

I love Windows Phone, but there are some things I want to be changed, removed, etc:

1. I want the lock screen to be dynamic. Let us set animated photos or possibly videos.
2. Other lock screen options. Either photo password, pattern, etc.
3. Traditional "Desktop". It would be cool to see an IOS/Android style area rather than Metro. Of course, optional, not forced.
4. Better support for game developers, and leaner rules for Xbox Live compatibility. I love how I can earn achievements in games on WP and it ties to my XBL account. Lately I feel developers are no longer using the system and simply releasing non XBL games. Gameloft is a good example.
5. Allow an easier phone unlock system. Like, allow us to enter our serial number to unlock the phone and allow for complete control.
6. Again with above, but Id like some Windows Mobile style freedom with the phone.

These are just my opinions.

Tschonatschan

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

A future wp is not about features! The main advantage of wp is the UX! I changed recently to Android, and i regret it now. Therefore it would be a nightmare, if you make wp more like Android. Please, no grid Design, or any crap like that. Please don't focus on pure Features. Focus instead in the implementation of the Features. Make wp more Metro/modern... Thats All i got to say about wp9 or any future wp. But never the less i'm gonna change back in the next months...

Sent from my HTC One mini using WPCentral Forums mobile app

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

i don't agree with No. 3, as long as the phone is locked, no one must be able to open anything besides music, unless a the the password is provided first.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

i don't agree with No. 3, as long as the phone is locked, no one must be able to open anything besides music, unless a the the password is provided first.

if its my number 3 you are talking about then ... i would think its obvious that if you double tap a notification icon it would ask for security credentials before taking one into the app to view notifications or what ever ...

also one should be able to use the quick toggles to turn things on an off without unlocking.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

update:

This list is pretty long....

Standby
A glance screen that shows the time and battery percentage only while charging. Even for Non-Lumias
Cortana can be called even with the screen off.. [hardware support needed .. phones without sufficient hardware can use this feature only while charging]

Hardware Support
Support For higher resolutions.
support For Additional Radios.

Start Screen
Landscape support
Interactive Live Tiles
Large and Double Wide Tiles
Support For a Fourth Medium Tile on devices with 5.5 inches and more
Pinch in for a wider view [similar to what we see in windows 8]
Non- Transparent tiles can be made translucent

Action Centre
More than 10 quick settings by scrolling..
Press to toggle, Hold to go to that settings page
Granular Notification System
Quick settings can be used to app toggles [ ex:- Go online in Skype]
Interactive notifications iOS8 Style..... but More awesome
courtesy: Brandon Tobias
View attachment 68866

Alarms

General Improvements
Wider Landscape Support
Settings Sorted according to usage
Apps can now be sorted

Additions
Quick Launch... Long press windows key to show quick shortcuts to 5 apps[customizable] even in the lock screen
Split Pane .. Controlled while multitasking

Dialler
T9 support

Store
Can now resume broken downloads
Ability to download the update only and not the entire app in case of minor updates

Mail
Better Service Integration
Pinch-in to show Specific Folders [ ex:- Pinching in in Mail can Show the unread items only]

Me Tile
Can be updated through the store even if not a separate app.
Can now post to Multiple Apps at Once.. [open SDK]

Camera
2 stage shutter Software Button.
Improved UI

Messaging
Unified and/or Merged messaging capabilities via 3rd party apps.. (open SDK)

Photos
Can Do app work from within the hub itself ... Ex:- Colour popping with CS can be done from the hub itself (open SDK)

Games Hub
Live Tile now shows Game Stats as well...

Internet Explorer 12
Separate app.. Can be updated via the store
Can Now Open Links and Download in the background by linking into the action centre
Can redirect from Websites to the Specific Apps

Calendar
Attendees of a reminder or appointment can now be notified via the messaging Hub too .

People Hub
Can Now understand relations between your friends.. (if A is B's brother you can call B via A's contact card or tell cortana to call B's brother and she will call A)

Cortana
Call Cortana without Pressing Any buttons to wake her up

Keyboard
Keyboard suggestions are different in Different Places ( no swear words in Kids Corner, Friend's nickname getting suggested while only talking to a specific number of friends etc)

Lock Screen
Slide Left or Right From the Lock Screen To Open an App/App position (eg:A certain Profile in Facebook) of your liking.
New Unlock Methods.. Full Qwerty Password and Picture unlock (win8)

Additional Stuffs
Now can watch video via volume controls..

That's It.....:sweaty: :smile:

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

You should buy an Android phone! Then you could actually try out some of these ideas for real in an alternative launcher.

Why the #### do Microsoft not allow this?

I had an Android phone ... so i knw what MS is lacking with in Windows Phone and what they are excelling in thanks very much.
If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self point is MS is dropping the ball with Windows and MS services on android are better than what comes with windows phone so sorry if my tips to make windows a little better is rooted in Android and other OS's

btw settings is a mess

if you did not like my post why make a comment.

Why MS don't allow those features is essentially they did not think of it first so they will be reluctant to copy it and if they do like Action center now its limited and has an MS spin on it. That and they are too preoccupied with other projects to focus on their core products so I hope these lay-offs and restructuring gets them back to putting out worthy software. Android app development can take a back seat as well focus on windows windows windows ......

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I had an Android phone ... so i knw what MS is lacking with in Windows Phone and what they are excelling in thanks very much.
If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self point is MS is dropping the ball with Windows and MS services on android are better than what comes with windows phone so sorry if my tips to make windows a little better is rooted in Android and other OS's

if you did not like my post why make a comment.

I think you missed the point of my post, which was that Android allows alternative launchers (i.e. homescreen UIs). With Android, you could write an alternative launcher, try these ideas out and even distribute them to other people to use. Sadly, Microsoft do not allow that with Windows Phone, so you're stuck with what Microsoft choose to give you.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I think you missed the point of my post, which was that Android allows alternative launchers (i.e. homescreen UIs). With Android, you could write an alternative launcher, try these ideas out and even distribute them to other people to use. Sadly, Microsoft do not allow that with Windows Phone, so you're stuck with what Microsoft choose to give you.

oh cool i dont have an issue with the launcher they just need to make the stock one a bit more feature rich but MS dont listen to ppl like us im currently trying to build a app to kind of demonstrate what it ms should do with some of its apps black is nice a little colour never hurt no body

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Split Screen Mode in Windows Phone (woooo its le Snap) :evil:

How it works
1) Slide in from the left to the center of display. This opens the split screen app picker and shows instruction at the top of the screen.
2) Drag an app's icon to either the upper or lower portions of the screen. This results in the instructions fading away and the screen is boxed off with a splash screen icon and colour half is bbm and other half is FB in their unique colours. NB divider bar is present at this point.
3) release the app and the screen splits readjusting the apps to fit and within two seconds the Split screen app picker slides out of view.
4) you can also do the same by going to running apps view and dragging an up to the upper half or lower half of the screen.

#Notes
Used my BBM 2.0 UI design for BBM in case you were wondering. will post that soon
Split screen app picker pushes apps to the right a bit when it slides into view and takes up little space.

0.pngmulti  1.png
multi 2.pngmulti 3.png

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Split Screen Mode in Windows Phone (woooo its le Snap) :evil:

How it works
1) Slide in from the left to the center of display. This opens the split screen app picker and shows instruction at the top of the screen.
2) Drag an app's icon to either the upper or lower portions of the screen. This results in the instructions fading away and the screen is boxed off with a splash screen icon and colour half is bbm and other half is FB in their unique colours. NB divider bar is present at this point.
3) release the app and the screen splits readjusting the apps to fit and within two seconds the Split screen app picker slides out of view.
4) you can also do the same by going to running apps view and dragging an up to the upper half or lower half of the screen.

#Notes
Used my BBM 2.0 UI design for BBM in case you were wondering. will post that soon
Split screen app picker pushes apps to the right a bit when it slides into view and takes up little space.

View attachment 76586View attachment 76587
View attachment 76588View attachment 76589

that's touchwiz! i think the windows way is better

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

that's touchwiz! i think the windows way is better
the windows way u have to open an app then use the bar on the left hand side to drag and open app into place same idea as on windows 8 except u get a bar with select apps (touchwhiz style) or u can do the split screen thing via the multitasking menu as well. its just an idea to throw out there
cuz windows phone has non implemented so far ...

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
the windows way u have to open an app then use the bar on the left hand side to drag and open app into place same idea as on windows 8 except u get a bar with select apps (touchwhiz style) or u can do the split screen thing via the multitasking menu as well. its just an idea to throw out there
cuz windows phone has non implemented so far ...

Why a select number of apps? Why not all apps?

Also the cool part about windows snap is that you can snap all apps and you can even multitask between multiple snapped screens.

But you have the right to have your own opinion

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I'd like a proper HDR and panorama mode built-in to the stock Camera app amongst others, but I don't know why they are missing those key features in the camera app out of all things

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786