Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Phone features wishlist

Mail should let you know how many total unread emails are in each inbox instead of how many unread since the last time the app was open.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Files app should be able to open every file other apps on the phone can open. Some .avi files won't open in Files app but open fine in video.

alva christi

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Here are some of the few features of windows 10:
Start button is back.
Desktop returns-Windows 10 puts the desktop back in its rightful place, front and center as soon as you start up your computer
Continuum mode.
Windows 8?s Snap feature, which lets you move apps to either side of the screen, also returns in Windows 10. This time, though, you can snap both Windows 8 apps and regular programs to either side of your screen. It can do multitasking works.
Windows 10?s new Task view is similar to the Mission Control feature found in Apple?s OS X. From Task view, you can open multiple desktops, each with their own apps.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 features wishlist

I really want tiles background. Black or white background looks poor. It would be great to have background screen on meny.
Also tiles should be more customizable more than now. For example to have option to set transparency of tiles. Tile design should support other color for picture of app then just white color. Also It would be great to turn of tiles button and to have icons only and background photo. Also more tiles color or maybe even color picker.

Of course facebook official app but not from Microsoft. Also calls option on facebook messanger.

More option on notification centar. For example button for mobile internet on/off.

I have wishes for design. More customization, please Microsoft :D !

BiggishTuba558

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

I'd like some improvements in Bing Search. I want the possibility to choose where doing my research before of writing the text. In Windows 8.1 I can do it, choosing if searching in settings, files, web images etc... In Windows Phone 8.1 I must choose it after the research and it isn't very useful.

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I want a free color picker for the accent color, instead of a couple of predefined colors

Last edited:

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Openness for smartphone while keep security better
I think Microsoft restricting most elements that used in most accessories and apps for Android and iOS (such remote shutter, external flashes, external audio DAC, USB OTG, external keyboard and more) in their API due to security issues. Microsoft should add openness for hardware and software developer in order to make it more competitive with Android and iOS in accessories segment, but keep concerning the security because Windows Phone has best security than their main competitor (while it is not secure as BlackBerry which it aimed for enterprise). Both security and openness must developed together in order to create balanced environment

Tutorial in first start
Microsoft said Windows Phone was easy to use, although not all people can using them easier as they don't understand, that's why much Windows Phone smartphone was been auctioned due of that. So to avoid financial loss, Microsoft should add tutorial for new user!

Phone Integeration with PC
Same as Handoff in OS X which connect iOS devices with BT4 and Wi-Fi in order to able place and receive phone calls to and from Windows smartphone, send and receive text message, receiving notification from Windows phone and tabs, Wi-Fi hotspot and more. But in Windows 10, it should add USB-free file syncing, remote desktop from phone and mobile devices, and you suggest it for this feature.

New hardware support
Although not all hardware support is necessary for now, 4+ core processor with Global Task Scheduling support, 2GB+ RAM support, MHL, USB OTG, and more in Android and iOS!

Desktop docking mode
If manufacturer support this feature, docked Windows Phone (like Asus Padfone) can be used as full desktop experience

And more that I can't remember that

Hope my wish can be true while not at all :grin:

kansal

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I would like few changes in the Contacts
1.ability to sync contacts with different accounts.
2.exporting contacts to sim.

EDIT: Also an option of restarting the phone instead of just turning it off.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

User programmable macro functions, at least to enter text. I must have entered my 27 character long email address a thousand times by now on this phone. If I could do that in a couple of keystrokes, I'd be ecstatic.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

User programmable macro functions, at least to enter text. I must have entered my 27 character long email address a thousand times by now on this phone. If I could do that in a couple of keystrokes, I'd be ecstatic.

On iPhone you can make yourself a contact and set the phone to know that's you so it can automatically fill out info from your contact information when you are asked for it online.

AndyWilliams

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

Besides a toggle option for settings in Quick actions, I'd like to be able to swipe left while Notifications is onscreen to have a list of toggles for 'toggleable' features where multiple features can be turned on or off at once - WiFi, Quiet hours, BT, etc. This would allow quick changes from quick actions while giving easy access to other settings. It would also keep UI consistency where a left swipe from the start screen lists apps and from notifications a list of setting toggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb