Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

kremo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 features wishlist

Really ? I like it better how it is in Windows Phone. Every time I look at an android the top bar thong is cluttered. I'd rather it look clean and simple. The box icon lets you know you have new notifications, so just pull it down to view it, simple.

I have to agree. The windows way is much simple and cleaner. Simply better to look at it.

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I like to edit the colour of the tiles, individually. Not all at a single time. Each a specific type of colour.

That'd be sweet. I'd also like a beautiful crafted magnesium/aluminum and glass monobody, symetric phone without a bumb camera on the back, not a plastic toy like current lumias. Also keep the interface simple, regardless of the increasing functionality, like WP7, because in WP8 and 8.1 it started to get messy. Ability to create photo albums from the photo app, also the OS is slow now.. its not like WP7 smooth anymore you have to admit it. There are loading/resuming screens everywhere even on microsofts own apps WTF!!.. its just crap.. We want the freaking Google services and official apps already.. YOUTUBE.. (im sick of all these unofficial third party workarounds). Microsoft just needs to convice google already. Also Google Search to be launched from the magnifier hardware button instead of this stupid bing thing.. and OFFICIAL Facebook application..

Last edited:

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

That'd be sweet. I'd also like a beautiful crafted magnesium/aluminum and glass monobody, symetric phone without a bumb camera on the back, not a plastic toy like current lumias. Also keep the interface simple, regardless of the increasing functionality, like WP7, because in WP8 and 8.1 it started to get messy. Ability to create photo albums from the photo app, also the OS is slow now.. its not like WP7 smooth anymore you have to admit it. There are loading/resuming screens everywhere even on microsofts own apps WTF!!.. its just crap.. We want the freaking Google services and official apps already.. YOUTUBE.. (im sick of all these unofficial third party workarounds). Microsoft just needs to convice google already. Also Google Search to be launched from the magnifier hardware button instead of this stupid bing thing.. and OFFICIAL Facebook application..

Go home... You're drunk!!

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

It would be great if I can resize the tiles according to my interest (not like smaller, medium & larger)

Mihailo Miki

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

My top 10 features wishlist
1. Office improvements
2. Better organized Store
3. Return Photos Hub
4. Better Phone and Messaging Hub, come on its a phone (quickd dial, search phone numbers, TrueCaller integration, return of Messaging Hub)
5. Organized Settings
6. Cortana in-app integration
7. Desktop View, 3D View and McLaren View
8. Better lock screen
9. Virtual screen
10. Improved UI and Bug Fixes.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

before know this thread, i have posted the same thing but different idea here, also i forgot some idea, i will post it here

Actionable Notification
when a toast notification comes out, you swipe down for actionable notification. If you are allowed to do action on that notification, it will show buttons, input textbox, or any other thing. If not, it show detail of the notification by default (now you can see full details of the notification).
default swipe down show notification center, now when you hold the notification, it show actionable notification like you swipe down toast notification.

Notification Page
Notification Page show list of ALL notification that has been received, it will not be deleted when you read/open it by default. Notification page located on the left side of the start menu. You set after a period, the notification will be deleted (default 7 days, has read and open).
Tap to expand notification and become actionable notification, double tap to read message from app, hold to choose option (delete, mark as read, mark as unread, and more), with multiple chooser for choosing notification.

Advanced/Unified Messaging Hub
installed apps are allowed to port to Messaging hub without a pain, just set "MESSAGING_HUB" to true for developers, and this app will automatically allowed to port to messaging hub. Messaging hub will show selected apps (by you) and display it with panorama style (with smaller title) and separated by apps and default SMS.

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Want a better lock screen NOT the Android's pattern lock. Need something different& innovative!

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Isn't funny, we are giving our wish list for the future Windows phone as if like microsoft going to read all these things :D

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

A decent version of Office i.e. one that can open and edit documents that are password protected and/or have special formatting as well as adding missing features from the iOS and Android versions.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

When is Wi-Fi direct coming to wp?? 😐 Android users enjoy the huge file transfer but we can't 😡

Inhopeless

May 18, 2014
Visit site

Here are ten things I want.

• Actionable Notifications
    Stopwatch, Timer, Alarms
    CUSTOM VIBRATIONS. Its really annoying to have every app be "bzz-bzz-bzzz!". Hard to differentiate if its a text from my girlfriend (important) or a comment on Facebook (not important).
    Skype integration into Messaging. Seriously. Skype is Microsoft. Just gut the Skype app and put IM'ing in the Messages section (maybe with a swipe to the left/right? Or a toggle button?) and Calling in the Phone app.
    Regional phone number formatting. Its hard to parse phone numbers when they're just a block of numbers. I know Windows Phone does this automatically for US numbers (XXX)-XXX-XXXX, but not for any non-US phone numbers.

garama

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

My additional wish list is on two items, Login & Security... At phone switch on, phone should prompt for sim pin first then login in via MS email account or request set up if new phone. Without which one cant use a windows phone. And if that phone already has an account (i.e may be has been stolen) then no one else but the owner can unlock it.

The same should apply to soft/hard reset, which ever mode one uses, process should prompt for login into your account before you continue with resetting your phone.

These will be excellent measures to curb phone theft and that will be a plus for Microsoft.

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

my wishlist is that microsoft removes all integration with twitter n face book i like using difrent names for difrent accounts i dont wanna get them mixed up my online life is all fake and madeup ppl cant track me down we more privacy features in wp 10 to block everyone from spyin on us

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05