Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I wish they'd do two things:

- Add a T9 alphanumeric keypad;
- Separate toggles from notifications, by taking an iOS approach. The notification centre is too bulky.

chrisnx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Add the ability to choose which app permission I give for every application.
iOS 7 has it already, Android as well, and we Need it, to stay on top of it.
For example some apps want to have my contacts but I won't allow it.
Please make it possible.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A push to make a landscape mode for every single core app. I'm going crazy trying to read the maps app while the phone is mounted in landscape mode in my car. Same for the music app. Come on, how is there no landscape mode for that?!

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Got a couple simple ones:

Calendars
Support for CalDAV based calendars.

Start Screen
Make the Windows 10 desktop and Windows Phone gestures and start/applications list consistent. I.e. In Windows 10 the app list is to the left of the start menu, in Windows phone a swipe left should open the same app list. In Windows 10 desktop the action center and notifications are on the right side and accessible from the system tray icon, in Windows phone this is accessed using a swipe down from the top. These two principles should be more similar.

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Some things i would appreciate in W10 for Phones:

General:
Merge the Me tile and Cortana

Swipe down and hold for .5 Seconds to open the Camera, as seen in w8.1

Interactive Tiles (adding Buttons to Tiles): Swipe from the left to the right to cycle trough the interactive mode and the normal mode, example: Music; Normal Cycle (Xbox music icon->Now Playing) and after the swipe you have a play/pause and a next track button and a second swipe brings you back to normal mode. What options are shown depends on the tile size: Tiny tile: nothing, Normal Tile: 2 buttons, horizontal tile: 3-4 buttons,WP10 big tile: Complete set of controls? vertical tile: same as horizontal.

Leave the Actions at the bottom, because on giant phones like the lumia 1520 its a bit crappy when the actions are at the top.

Support for bigger screens-> More tiles/tile types when having a bigger screen.

Not only one accent "option" but multiple ones. just like in w8/8.1

Colored Backgrounds depending on accent OPTION.

Fully Colored Menus/Popups!

Will add more later:sweaty:

Last edited:

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
My wishlist.

1. Files app needs to be upgraded
a) Show File System of SD card.
b) Add thumbnails for Music and Other FIles (whenever possible)
c) Make photos swipe to show next possible
d) Enable background playback of music files when launched from Files (Or associate music files with an app)
e) Let us associate particular files with an app
f) Inbuilt Zip file creation/extraction support
g) Video files when launched from files give us option to seek
h) Add an option to pin favorite folders in files menu
i) Better Icons
j) Tag editing of Music and Pictures from Files (Enable Properties like feature in W10M as well)
k) Enable to Hide Files like in Windows
m) Enable to Hide file extensions
n) Add more views (Tiles / List /Thumbnails etc)
o) Enable to show quick info on File in Tiles View (like duration, Associated App etc)

OS Features
a) Enable WiFi Direct (The proper way, not the half baked way)
b) Enable OTG
c) Enable DLNA
...Adding more later

Video Playback
a) Direct DLNA playback of videos
b) SRT /SUP / IDX-SUB / SSA file support (WIth Adjustable Size and Color)
c) Multiple Audio Support
d) Chapter Support in MKV/MP4
e) Accurate Seek (Like you see in youtube apps like Tubecast)
f) Dolby Audio support (If I have to purchase a $5-$10 addon for single device to pay for licensing SO BE IT)
i) Audio Normalization
j) 5.1 > 2 Ch downmix when listening to headphones
k) Adjustable Brightness Contrast etc

Music Playback
a) Show album art from Music Files (Don't download off of the WEB)
b) Enable Fast Forwarding of Music Files
c) Audio Normalization
d) A Proper Audio Equalizer
e) Make playlist creation and Importing easier
... Adding more later

Lock Screen
a) Enable Shortcut Buttons (For Camera etc) on Lock Screen
b) Music Playback control on lock screen
...More Later

..More later

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Leave some features Windows only????

- Cortana:
- Location based actions, like, when i leave Home turn Wi-Fi off
- Can be activated without pressing buttons, just saying "Hey, Cortana"

-Home Screen:
-Location based screens
- The actual screen can be changed by long-pressing the windows logo and swiping up
- Affects the Accent color
- Enable/Disable Live-Tile mode per app.(For example: Photos->instead of the photos just the app icon)

-System:
-Gestures:
- Swipe from the Back button to the homebutton to return to last app
- Swipe down from a Quicktoggle do fold out a "stack" with advanced settings, reduces the need to open the settings
- swipe right from a notification to show more actions (like quickreply)

...more later.....

Last edited:

sergeten

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
My god, could we have a nice dialer with proper t9 search finally please! I am using RapDialer, but it does not have access to the calls history.

The fact that battery tile updates only every half an hour is very inconvenient as well, especially when you are playing some battery draining game.

Lolerica Smekerica

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Whole new rewamped music app. If not , get back to zune. Xbox music is the worst and slowest thing i have ever encountered in a phone. Im even thinking about switching to ios only because of this stupid thing...

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was an extra option to set theme automatically depending on your location dark at knight and light during day light

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Something that came to my mind after seeing the alleged Xiaomi screens and that might be already mentioned is the ability to run some apps right in the "Desktop" For example. give MetroTube a huge icon and this will wrap the interface in that icon. (search, select video and play it) and extend this to other media applications (music players and video players, photo viewers and even the cammera)

Maybe it's way too complex but I think it would be interesting. How to prevent the user to run the app by mistake? Well... I don't know but I''m sure a solution could be found.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, and if you want to go fullscreen, you could use some "integrated controls" on the tile to do it.
Basically, every app (or some apps) would have 3 modes
1. Closed mode (Live tile and small activation controlls)
2. Preview mode (Gives a subset of functionalities for easy access and the option to go fullscreen)
3. Fullscreen mode (All the functionalities)

The responsibility of giving this three modes would go on the develope'r's side, but they can only do it if it's implemented in the OS

AginjaS

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I think Android Apps should work on WP10, because the app gap is getting bigger day by day. Every small business starts to have an oficial app, guess which platform is not suported... WP
Please, I love WP, but we need apps as everybody else. Please support my sugestion WP uservoice make-android-apps-work-on-wp10!

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Skype integration would be nice. I mean integration like they did with facebook in original WP8.

My main concern is that they'll reinvent the phone OS again...

It really doesn't need that, as the phone OS is quite good. Some apps are still missing which is a bummer, but it's finally getting the balance right in usability.

Email app needs to allow attaching files, now since we have a file manager.

I still wish that the social media integration was more like it was in WP8. I feel that it's a massively missed chance to utilise the linked contacts in order to consolidate things. Like I said, skype integration would be much better than the separate app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)