Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wishes voor Maps

Wishes for maps:
1. Readable navigation information. On 4.3 inch lumia 820 in landscape most info is hardly readable. Expected time of arrival, remaining time to arrival, actual speed, exit number in roundabout symbol are not readable. As long that's not solved I stay with Here Drive.
2. Dutch language speech. As long that's not solved my wife will stay with Here Drive.
3. Recent destinations would be nice.
4. Grouping of favorits, although a workaround is dropping each favorite in a folder (= group) on startscreen.
5. Sharing favorits between devices.

Last edited:

Teacher Erik

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Please think about this, for a few moments ☺

WHAT IF the Action Center was replaced...

with a SETTINGS SCREEN ...
for SETTINGS ...
alot like the START SCREEN for APPLICATIONS

Below their screen, users would have a WINDOWS BUTTON # for the applications side of things...

And a GEARS shaped SETTINGS BUTTON * for the settings side of things

Below the screen would look something like this...

| |_________________| |
| # < > * |
---------------------

If the user presses the GEARS SETTINGS BUTTON *, then the user gets a GRAYSCALE SETTINGS START SCREEN, that looks alot like the applications start screen...

But has action-center-like LIVE TILES for all of the SETTINGS...

Some of the live tiles could even be FOLDERS grouping related settings...

The settings live tiles could even animate to show cellular data and WiFi 📶 signal strength, RAM & ROM memory usage, etc.

If you think about it ( or maybe already thought about it ), then the action center already looks alot like the applications start screen, with live tiles the user clicks on...

So what if the Windows Mobile OS was SYMMETRIC ...
with a WINDOWS start screen for APPS #
and a GEARS start screen for settings *

???

This is a very rough sketch outline of the idea 💡

😂

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The two options I'd like most to see added would be:

1. Ability to snapshot the current layout of your Start Screen, and to restore it just as easily. I like to play around with how my phone looks, and too often I want to go back to a saved layout because I just didn't like the result of my experiments.

2. Ability to lock the layout of my Start Screen. This would be very helpful for when little human offspring decide they want to play with dad's phone and end up moving icons around or resizing them to mess up the layout. Of course, if I had option 1 I would have an easy way to recover the layout again.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

1. Ability to snapshot the current layout of your Start Screen, and to restore it just as easily. I like to play around with how my phone looks, and too often I want to go back to a saved layout because I just didn't like the result of my experiments.

2. Ability to lock the layout of my Start Screen. This would be very helpful for when little human offspring decide they want to play with dad's phone and end up moving icons around or resizing them to mess up the layout. Of course, if I had option 1 I would have an easy way to recover the layout again.

#1 would be awesome! And how about ability to store different layouts. Like work layout and home layout. Should post this as a request for Microsoft.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I live in Germany. I use a prepaid data plan that rolls over every 30 days I would like to be able to set it for 30 days and have it automatically reset every 30 days like you can for monthly.

dijango

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Store definitely needs wishlist & App library needs ability to delete(unnecessary or bad) apps from our account (history).

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

You have that, it's called the kids corner. C'mon people, some of you are asking for features that already exists. This is quite shameful, the kid's corner was shown over and over and now you mention you want exactly the same thing that feature does! Gosh!

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I live in Germany. I use a prepaid data plan that rolls over every 30 days I would like to be able to set it for 30 days and have it automatically reset every 30 days like you can for monthly.
Isn't that the "Data usage" app with "Set limit" on a specific day to be reset? It's under Network & Wireless...................................................

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wishes voor Maps

Wishes for maps:
1. Readable navigation information. On 4.3 inch lumia 820 in landscape most info is hardly readable. Expected time of arrival, remaining time to arrival, actual speed, exit number in roundabout symbol are not readable. As long that's not solved I stay with Here Drive.
2. Dutch language speech. As long that's not solved my wife will stay with Here Drive.
3. Recent destinations would be nice.
4. Grouping of favorits, although a workaround is dropping each favorite in a folder (= group) on startscreen.
5. Sharing favorits between devices.

I would really like Dutch language speech, but to be honest the dutch language has only exceptions instead of rules :) quite hard to implement that in a system. Take example the online translations like google translate or bing translator, if you want to translate from dutch to english sometimes (actually more of the times) the translation is sub par.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
You have that, it's called the kids corner. C'mon people, some of you are asking for features that already exists. This is quite shameful, the kid's corner was shown over and over and now you mention you want exactly the same thing that feature does! Gosh!
Close but no cigar!

Kids Corner lets you select what apps your kids have access to. They can not add more, or remove any from their start screen. They are free to resize and move the tiles to their little heart's content, and this is what I want to avoid. You cannot create groups in the Kids Corner so all your icons must be out and visible on the main screen. This option would not solve the problem to my satisfaction.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Close but no cigar!

Kids Corner lets you select what apps your kids have access to. They can not add more, or remove any from their start screen. They are free to resize and move the tiles to their little heart's content, and this is what I want to avoid. You cannot create groups in the Kids Corner so all your icons must be out and visible on the main screen. This option would not solve the problem to my satisfaction.
I really don't understand what you want. The feature is there.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I really don't understand what you want. The feature is there.
What I want is to lock all my icons both inside and outside of groups so that they can not be moved, resized or removed from the start screen. Kids Corner only addresses one of those issues by preventing you from removing an app from the start screen. You can still move and resize any app tile in Kids Corner which means my layout is not locked. You cannot create any grouped icons in Kids Corner either, and I have at least 6 groups on my start screen. So Kids Corner does not completely address all of the issues I am concerned with.

Basically, I want Press and Hold on an icon on the start screen to do nothing when it is locked.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What I want is to lock all my icons both inside and outside of groups so that they can not be moved, resized or removed from the start screen. Kids Corner only addresses one of those issues by preventing you from removing an app from the start screen. You can still move and resize any app tile in Kids Corner which means my layout is not locked. You cannot create any grouped icons in Kids Corner either, and I have at least 6 groups on my start screen. So Kids Corner does not completely address all of the issues I am concerned with.

Basically, I want Press and Hold on an icon on the start screen to do nothing when it is locked.

I undestrand and I like.
Same iussue when touchin screen when is just dimming, tiles went in arrange mode, and shuffles. If you put in pocket it with enlighted screen and then your hand less seconds after, sometimes you can find your homescreen all messed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb