Will Windows Phone 10 be the game changer?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I really really like Windows Phone. I think it's the best phone OS out there but there's so many improvements it needs. Do you guys think windows phone 10 will bring enough improvements to change Windows Phone to an actual competitive mobile platform? What improvements do you you're Windows Phone 10 have?

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
As long as universal apps become the norm I dont think necessarily a game changer but something to heavily consider. A unified system is key to its success.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Like was said, if Universal Apps do catch on the final argument against WP (the app gap) will be mute. Also if there is more connection between the desktop and phone on consumery-features, I think adopters of Windows 10 on desktops and laptops will be much more likely to get a Windows 10 phone.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Honest question: How exactly will Universal Apps close the "app gap"?

The thinking behind it would be that if a developer was to make an app for one platform it will work for all. So if I had the ability to by an app once and use on all my devices I will cater to that platform instead. Its kind of like Nokia Mix Radio and say Pandora, why pay for Mix Radio that is restricted to one platform( I'm actually not sure of this, just using a stark example here) as compared to paying for Pandora which you can use on multidevices for example WP, Surface RT, Windows 8 based pc. It is mainly assumptions and logical thinking; at least logical in my mind.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
It's also attractive to developers. Make one application, minor changes here and there, and its deployable to a wide range of devices across three platforms. Phone, tablet, PC. That's sounds pretty enticing to me. Minimum work to release your apps for all those devices. It wouldn't make sense to NOT develop for Windows imo. Expecting alot more developers to come on board

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion