05-14-2015 08:28 PM
79 1234
tools
    And it went live that data toggle feature has been added to the notification dropdown area...it sounds wise and closely perfect that Microsoft is putting customers first. It remains true multitasking. I'm down with my phones resuming syndrome and the fact that I can't do much on the background of a smartphone, not a dummy experimental bar.
    12-05-2014 02:52 PM
    I just exchanged my lumia 830 that I bought earlier this week for an iPhone today. Been with winphone since the start 4 years ago but have just gotten tired of waiting for Microsoft to catch up. They keep removing features that made me really like wp7 like desktop integration and management (zune), wireless syncing, core apps baked into the OS, heavy integration with your social networks and other services, and now even the metro design language that made the OS unique is shifting more toward androids style of making sure every bit of info is available all the time (top status bar doesn't disappear anymore). WP8.1 just feels like a basic app launcher now, without any apps. Everything is separate from the OS now instead of one cohesive experience, which is why a lot of people liked wp7. Its been 4 years on the market and the app problem seems to be getting worse. The third party apps that provide services that aren't available will never be as good as the official. Especially when they are unauthorized and can be broken by an update at any time or even cause you to be banned from the service. Basically I didn't feel like waiting for Microsofts next mobile experiment in WP10 to see if things were going to get better. I already did that with wp8 and 8.1. I love the winphone user interface which is basically what has kept me with winphone for so long, but now its just getting to the point where there is too much lacking on the platform for it to make a difference.
    12-05-2014 11:50 PM
    Will stay because I will have my current lumia 820 or my android Moto g.But I wont buy any phones until wp 10.i love my Lumia.
    From Windows phone
    12-06-2014 05:33 AM
    As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relaxed that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
    Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
    Will you still be with MS and for how long?
    I try not to think of what they haven't done and what they HAVE done! Windows Phone is a solid platform for what I need and especially when the family, next door, constantly complain about their Android devices or the sales guys complain about odd things happening to iPhone.

NO platform is perfect and, in all honesty, I've read your other post and you possibly could be trying to paint a negative picture of WP. Maybe.

P.s. I will NEVER join the Android crowd as it all just seems to be like Windows mobile 6.5 and that was a mess. Apple? Nah.
    jmshub, 980z, xandros9 and 1 others like this.
    12-08-2014 09:20 AM
    If MS fail:
    my os will be : Windows 10
    my phone will be: Android
    my laptop will be: Windows 10
    my game platform will be: Windows 10 / Steam

ofc my primary os will be Windows, as all of my game is in there as well as apps. But if somehow linux has good games, i will consider buying a steam box, well i will buy it anyway(if fully upgradable).

If they don't listen to customer......... except for windows OS i will simply switch to other options.
    princeegli likes this.
    12-08-2014 03:39 PM
    As the future is now, I feel that I am happy, but not quite happy with my windows phone because of its lack of true multitasking, no OTG USB, stuck with only black and white background, no real interactive home screen except flipping tiles, no shape customization of tiles from the sometimes boring square (what happened to circular shaped tiles and others, if achievable?).
    In the end, I'm just not so happy about my phone and I am do curious that I want so much more from Windows since at the moment I see the system as fairly secure.
    princeegli likes this.
    12-24-2014 03:27 AM
    yes. because as long as my old windows phone works,
    i have no reason or desire to switch to another platform.

later
    prasath1234 likes this.
    12-24-2014 09:50 AM
    As the future is now, I feel that I am happy, but not quite happy with my windows phone because of its lack of true multitasking, no OTG USB, stuck with only black and white background, no real interactive home screen except flipping tiles, no shape customization of tiles from the sometimes boring square (what happened to circular shaped tiles and others, if achievable?).
    In the end, I'm just not so happy about my phone and I am do curious that I want so much more from Windows since at the moment I see the system as fairly secure.
    The home screen thing is how Windows Phone has always been. Didn't you know this when you bought your first Windows Phone?
    arifdanials and xandros9 like this.
    12-24-2014 02:43 PM
    May be pulling a trigger on oneself is suicide, but ain't MS doing same to itself?
    02-07-2015 12:04 AM
    As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relaxed that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
    Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
    Will you still be with MS and for how long?

Don't worry. With the preview, they have been listening to customers since they released it.
    02-07-2015 03:49 AM
    May be pulling a trigger on oneself is suicide, but ain't MS doing same to itself?
    ​No?
    02-10-2015 03:51 PM
    ​No?
    Sometimes, it is eyes greasy and ear itchy to see and hear respectively all that have been said about MS, but the point is that all those that have contributed, did so to make the company better. I am always on them: so, all hands are on deck to make it (the OS) better.
    Now, we hope all their universal app strategies works. if it never works, at least they have made good effort on that! Let the same effort be extended towards the multitasking issue of the OS. Make it better and don't compromise our usual experience of what multitasking has been. Let the phone's LED torch work in the background. I need a true background download agent deployed also. Hope they are listening?
    05-12-2015 08:59 AM
    I will stay with MS no matter how much they mess up with the OS.. I wont buy a cheap laggy android or an iPhone so costly which has the worst quality and not good battery life..
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:21 AM
    I'll stay, because I love WP + Lumia, and I'm pretty sure that whatever is the final product, it'll be better than our competitor!
    05-12-2015 09:46 AM
    I'm on this ride till the wheels completely come off!
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:51 AM
    Icy reports make the fancy old tale the same! I reserve the humour to time.
    05-12-2015 11:12 AM
    I'm about ready to abandon ship. Not because of the OS but because I'm getting tired of the crappy quality of the Lumia line. I had an 810 and somehow the speakers blew out. Then I moved to a 925 and the second mic died on me. Anything speaker phone related was a complete fail. Now I have a Lumia 930 and I'm having second mic problems again. Cortana can hear me but the mic doesn't work when on speaker phone and when trying to record video.

I like the Lumia's because the camera's are fantastic but I'd like to have other aspects of the phone work as well.

I might get an M8 for WP but I'm concerned about HTC's update history and the camera.

Ohhh, the first world problems that I have.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-12-2015 12:23 PM
    if the design language doesnt make a big Change from the current phones build i am gone....there will be no unique and consistent ui anymore, if i want a complete messed up ui i cant go to Android

maybe i will buy a Lumia again but then not because of Windows phone, just because the Hardware which is maybe better than other phones....but i will find such Android phones, too.

ios is no option for me, i dont like the golden garden, i want miracast, dlna and such stuff

blackberry is an interesting option, the only reason i would not definitly Switch over to bb is the Hardware (of course the main reason is the camera)

hambubger pointed out some important things, too which i am currently forgot causei lost hope to see them again like "instant starting apps" like the Music app or just the contacts or phone or or or....oh not to forgot the broken search button, the Desktop sync Software (wireless sync anyone?). Ah Forget this....will never see it again on Windows Phone, others just deilver such things
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-12-2015 02:20 PM
    How I perceived it nice that it is unfolding keeps making the time near. Don't kill WP too quick, MS.
    05-12-2015 03:29 PM
    Anyone that has used an android phone in the last 3 years knows that they are not laggy at all very snappy very reliable that's why they are the number 1 OS. IOS has been the same for years. Blackberry is good but not very many apps and the ones you can sideload are very unstable. I own each of those phones but I am currently using an htc m8 windows phone not because WP is better. It's not its 3rd but because jts different for a while. I don't know what windows phone can do to move up in the mobile phone world maybe a completely different OS look and feel or maybe they need a major flagship device. The world stops and turns when a new Samsung or iPhone is announced. Not that many people care when a new Lumia is announced. That's just the said fact. I do enjoy WP and I think most people would if they gave it a shot. But making full screen wallpaper available after years of being in the game is not going to get new customers . Realistically WP needs a special phone to catch attention a special OS and google supported apps
    prasath1234 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-13-2015 09:35 AM
    Anyone that has used an android phone in the last 3 years knows that they are not laggy at all very snappy very reliable that's why they are the number 1 OS. IOS has been the same for years. Blackberry is good but not very many apps and the ones you can sideload are very unstable. I own each of those phones but I am currently using an htc m8 windows phone not because WP is better. It's not its 3rd but because jts different for a while. I don't know what windows phone can do to move up in the mobile phone world maybe a completely different OS look and feel or maybe they need a major flagship device. The world stops and turns when a new Samsung or iPhone is announced. Not that many people care when a new Lumia is announced. That's just the said fact. I do enjoy WP and I think most people would if they gave it a shot. But making full screen wallpaper available after years of being in the game is not going to get new customers . Realistically WP needs a special phone to catch attention a special OS and google supported apps
    my last phone was android....less than a year ago...laggy and crap battery life after less than a few months- maybe it could have stood a reset.... or maybe I bought the wrong phone.......I don't know but good riddance
    but I do agree with the rest of your statement absolutely
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2015 06:45 PM
    Intense flow of flattery and wordings of great innuendos. I am liking the confessions. Vitally lurking in wait for Microsoft to do something. Is this a game? May be; everyone is playing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2015 01:18 AM
    my last phone was android....less than a year ago...laggy and crap battery life after less than a few months- maybe it could have stood a reset.... or maybe I bought the wrong phone.......I don't know but good riddance
    but I do agree with the rest of your statement absolutely
    Which Android did you have?
    05-14-2015 01:34 AM
    Increased passion to honestly know the truth...unfolding love to be on the right track...check your statement, it appears you left a line so undecipherable. Just hissing.
    05-14-2015 02:37 AM
    Which Android did you have?
    HTC Rezound
    05-14-2015 06:32 AM
79 1234