Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

Satiric misspelling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View attachment 89325
Photos and Videos work great, try PDFs and other documents ..
Heck, try doing anything in the background with other Windows Phone apps in the store .. Multitasking in WP8.1 is better than 8, but still an overwhelming disappointment.

Need app in foreground to send a message in Whatsapp, GroupMe, Telegram, etc. Cannot press send and send to background. Same goes with unzip, torrenting, remote desktop, you name it!

Now Microsoft is releasing apps with hamburger icons. Looking less and less like Metro/ZuneHD and more like a poor mans Android alternative.

PS: I can afford a new device Microsoft. Are you trying to shun your customers towards Android or iOS?

Try being funny next time. Also, just tested with a roughly 5mb PDF. It uploaded while I was reading MacRumors. Stop much for that. I've also played a game and went back and forth with stringy the internet. Sometimes it needed the resume thing, but nothing more than my Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 7 did. Less, actually.

I don't torrent or unzip files on my phone. I message with the messaging app or Facebook. But figuring the fact that you were caught spreading lies with the OneDrive thing, I don't know if I believe you.

As for the hamburger menu, they're trying to make things easier to discover for new people. Being unique is great unless your idea isn't as good.

Prithwish Das

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

Where will I go leaving Microsoft??? Microsoft will not let you go with their Windows OS, Office, Xbox.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I have a bunch of live folders on my start screen. I prefer it to having all my apps pinned and having to scroll too much. It's there for those who need it.
Point is Microsoft needs to make every feature imaginable that any person would have a use for.

They really should have announced windows 10 before Christmas not after. This way maybe it would at least convince some people to wait instead of buying a new phone now. I'm actually on the verge of wanting a new phone and there's none for Windows so yah... haha. And i'm debating whether I should pass up some good sales. I do like windows 8.1.1 and it can only get better but will developers bite. And Windows 10 will more than likely be the one that will either bring developers on board because of them seeing a future in it, or they see the same rehash and decide the investment is not worth it. Windows 8.1 actually did bring a bunch of developers on board as they saw that Windows does seem to be maturing more and biting early is always best. And Windows 10 has to show that it is good enough that users will want to buy it. Not only that but whatever hardware is released along with it. If you release an OS just for the same old boring nokia phones then it won't really get you much.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Win10 is NOT late. Its following the desktop timeline and that is usually somewhere around 2 years between major releases.
It just so happens that WP does NOT follow the desktop timeline. By consolidating al the OS's together they made it follow the desktop timeline. Since WP was out of sync, the timeframe between its releases seems long. If they want the entirety of win10 to be as one, then it all has to follow the same timeline, and the desktop one is the best since that is pretty much where everything happens. WP feels late because it was late to the party, its needing to catch up in feature parity (which it more or less has accomplished now)and anytime you have to synchronize 2 unsynchronized things one has to give up time for the other and that leaves a gap. Unfortunately MS doesn't seem to want to fill that gap with anything that could at least hold the interest or keep the doom and gloom to a minimal. I just don't see them doing anything at this point until win10 is ready which is a ways away.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Win10 is NOT late. Its following the desktop timeline and that is usually somewhere around 2 years between major releases.
It just so happens that WP does NOT follow the desktop timeline. By consolidating al the OS's together they made it follow the desktop timeline. Since WP was out of sync, the timeframe between its releases seems long. If they want the entirety of win10 to be as one, then it all has to follow the same timeline, and the desktop one is the best since that is pretty much where everything happens. WP feels late because it was late to the party, its needing to catch up in feature parity (which it more or less has accomplished now)and anytime you have to synchronize 2 unsynchronized things one has to give up time for the other and that leaves a gap. Unfortunately MS doesn't seem to want to fill that gap with anything that could at least hold the interest or keep the doom and gloom to a minimal. I just don't see them doing anything at this point until win10 is ready which is a ways away.

Windows 10 is late, Windows Phone 8 was late, Windows Phone 7 was late, Windows Mobile 6.5 was late...
Hoping Windows 10 will be the end of this nonsense, Lumia 1030 w/ W10 will be the true Nokia 808 successor, and all will be good ;)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

As of this week, I've had it with MS. I love the direction their UI's are going in. I've got multiple Surfaces, PCs, servers, hyper-v machines, Xbox, hosted Exchange, Office, Windows Phone, keyboards, mice, webcams etc. I went all-in on the ecosystem to try and ensure a consistent experience. But I'm done now.
The inability to fix the phone music app and the constant deals/offers/promotions/discounts/release dates that are US-only has finished me. I'll get Christmas out the way then the whole lot's going. Never want to see another MS product in my house again.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

As of this week, I've had it with MS. I love the direction their UI's are going in. I've got multiple Surfaces, PCs, servers, hyper-v machines, Xbox, hosted Exchange, Office, Windows Phone, keyboards, mice, webcams etc. I went all-in on the ecosystem to try and ensure a consistent experience. But I'm done now.
The inability to fix the phone music app and the constant deals/offers/promotions/discounts/release dates that are US-only has finished me. I'll get Christmas out the way then the whole lot's going. Never want to see another MS product in my house again.

Webcams, keyboards, mice? lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYot8voTDM&list=RDMS-aLOm-6Vc

Good luck .. Sorry you have to trash your peripherals, must be Microsoft branded lol

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Some solid four-yearnal posts here!

Mike Gibson

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about Win2k but a similar "metric" could have been produced for Win95 and it was bogus. That's a count of the "issues" reported by beta testers that were deemed "don't fix" or "postpone", not a count of actual bugs in the OS. It could be anything from a complaint about icons in the OS to a particular program that no longer worked due to bugs in the app or to an actual bug in the OS. I remember working on one such "bug" in Win95 where Cyrix (sp?) CPUs pushed a NULL DWORD on the stack when it restarted an instruction following a page fault (misaligned push of a DWORD on the stack that crossed a page boundary and the lower page wasn't present). I marked the report as "won't fix" but it still appears in the database and ignorant journalists include it in the "63,000 bugs" in the OS.

You never see blaring headlines or cute Web memes about the outright bugs in existing third party software that were covered up by AppHacks (aka Application Compatibility Flags) and other OS tricks. One popular program in the Win95 time had an uninitialized local variable whose location just happened to be zeroed out on the stack by a previous call to the CreateWindow API in Win31. When CreateWindow's internal code was changed between Win3.1 and Win95, that location on the stack was no longer zeroed out (IIRC, it was set to the value of the BP register) and it was used for the requested font height in a subsequent CreateFont API call. The bug report was that Win95's font code was "broken". I "fixed" this Win95 bug by adding code to CreateWindow to explicitly zero that location on the stack.

Are there bugs in the Windows OS code? Yep. Are there 63,000 bugs ... not a chance.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Windows 10 is late, Windows Phone 8 was late, Windows Phone 7 was late, Windows Mobile 6.5 was late...
Hoping Windows 10 will be the end of this nonsense, Lumia 1030 w/ W10 will be the true Nokia 808 successor, and all will be good ;)

How?

Webcams, keyboards, mice? lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYot8voTDM&list=RDMS-aLOm-6Vc

Good luck .. Sorry you have to trash your peripherals, must be Microsoft branded lol

Oh, right, you're pushing Linux. Makes sense that you would spread misinformation.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

And it went live that data toggle feature has been added to the notification dropdown area...it sounds wise and closely perfect that Microsoft is putting customers first. It remains true multitasking. I'm down with my phones resuming syndrome and the fact that I can't do much on the background of a smartphone, not a dummy experimental bar.

hambubger

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

I just exchanged my lumia 830 that I bought earlier this week for an iPhone today. Been with winphone since the start 4 years ago but have just gotten tired of waiting for Microsoft to catch up. They keep removing features that made me really like wp7 like desktop integration and management (zune), wireless syncing, core apps baked into the OS, heavy integration with your social networks and other services, and now even the metro design language that made the OS unique is shifting more toward androids style of making sure every bit of info is available all the time (top status bar doesn't disappear anymore). WP8.1 just feels like a basic app launcher now, without any apps. Everything is separate from the OS now instead of one cohesive experience, which is why a lot of people liked wp7. Its been 4 years on the market and the app problem seems to be getting worse. The third party apps that provide services that aren't available will never be as good as the official. Especially when they are unauthorized and can be broken by an update at any time or even cause you to be banned from the service. Basically I didn't feel like waiting for Microsofts next mobile experiment in WP10 to see if things were going to get better. I already did that with wp8 and 8.1. I love the winphone user interface which is basically what has kept me with winphone for so long, but now its just getting to the point where there is too much lacking on the platform for it to make a difference.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Will stay because I will have my current lumia 820 or my android Moto g.But I wont buy any phones until wp 10.i love my Lumia.
From Windows phone

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site

As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relaxed that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
Will you still be with MS and for how long?

I try not to think of what they haven't done and what they HAVE done! Windows Phone is a solid platform for what I need and especially when the family, next door, constantly complain about their Android devices or the sales guys complain about odd things happening to iPhone.

NO platform is perfect and, in all honesty, I've read your other post and you possibly could be trying to paint a negative picture of WP. Maybe.

P.s. I will NEVER join the Android crowd as it all just seems to be like Windows mobile 6.5 and that was a mess. Apple? Nah.

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

If MS fail:
my os will be : Windows 10
my phone will be: Android
my laptop will be: Windows 10
my game platform will be: Windows 10 / Steam

ofc my primary os will be Windows, as all of my game is in there as well as apps. But if somehow linux has good games, i will consider buying a steam box, well i will buy it anyway(if fully upgradable).

If they don't listen to customer......... except for windows OS i will simply switch to other options.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

As the future is now, I feel that I am happy, but not quite happy with my windows phone because of its lack of true multitasking, no OTG USB, stuck with only black and white background, no real interactive home screen except flipping tiles, no shape customization of tiles from the sometimes boring square (what happened to circular shaped tiles and others, if achievable?).
In the end, I'm just not so happy about my phone and I am do curious that I want so much more from Windows since at the moment I see the system as fairly secure.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

yes. because as long as my old windows phone works,
i have no reason or desire to switch to another platform.

later

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

As the future is now, I feel that I am happy, but not quite happy with my windows phone because of its lack of true multitasking, no OTG USB, stuck with only black and white background, no real interactive home screen except flipping tiles, no shape customization of tiles from the sometimes boring square (what happened to circular shaped tiles and others, if achievable?).
In the end, I'm just not so happy about my phone and I am do curious that I want so much more from Windows since at the moment I see the system as fairly secure.

The home screen thing is how Windows Phone has always been. Didn't you know this when you bought your first Windows Phone?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relaxed that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
Will you still be with MS and for how long?

Don't worry. With the preview, they have been listening to customers since they released it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb