Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

Can we develop a Yearning Metric? I'm always waiting for what's next. Always. But for me 8.1 has been good enough to not have a specific (rather than the general, steady-state) yearning for the next OS update (or for Denim, for that matter). It is not a case for me where I'm hanging on with my current set-up just holding out for some future relief. 8.1 works and works well. Windows 10, of course, interests me. I can tell from working with the desktop DP that it is a very promising work in progress, so I expect that when 10 comes to WP, there will be glitches and tweaks necessary to optimize the convergence across platforms. I hope they don't sit on it until its perfected because there will be no way to tell until its launched across a huge number of devices anyway.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

This OS called MS' WP OS is one that needs thorough attention from MS to exit it from beta mode.

I of a person is tired of beta testing everything for MS and would like to air it as my view that I am bored of their slow movement in implementation.
Delay is Dangerous; you know!

8.1, 8.1.1, and 8.1.2 ate all expected to be finished by the end of the year. How its that slow?

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
8.1, 8.1.1, and 8.1.2 ate all expected to be finished by the end of the year. How its that slow?
Thank God you said "expected", not done yet!
Moreover, Did you see the speed with which Android planned and executed Android L, so that they won't be taking by surprise by MS through Modern UI?
May be you just don't want to understand what delay has done to Nokia and is capable of doing to MS!

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I am staying with Windows 10 on my laptop and desktop, MacBook Pro has Yosemite - but I am moving to a Note Edge in September

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Moreover, Did you see the speed with which Android planned and executed Android L, so that they won't be taking by surprise by MS through Modern UI?
May be you just don't want to understand what delay has done to Nokia and is capable of doing to MS!

They had roughly 6-8 months between announcing and today. They announced it at Google I/O. And then it got held back because of bugs that crash phones.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Not going to say bad things about any of the mobile OS's. I decided I would live with both and have two mid-range phones instead of one super high end phone.(820/Moto G lte). I like my situation alot and enjoy using both. But my 820 is my main phone and will remain that way until 10 comes out and something REALLY BETTER comes with it. I use WP8.1 and ANdroid both every day and find very little difference between them. I also believe the adverage person could care in the least the difference between the two. If you are here (on the forum) you probably know a little more than most phone users. Microsoft just got off to a late start and they are making some mistakes even now. But I believe in the end they will get about 15% of the market and Apple will slide to about 11% which leaves Android at 74%. But most people won't care one way or another. Android is king and will remain that way because they cover the low and high end. Apple will remain strong; but not in market share, no low end. Microsoft will slowly get better, get some of the low end and some of the middle and a little of the high end, much like Android. But Android is so entrenched they will remain number one. So why is Windows my main phone and not my Android phone. Because I like it better and it suits my needs just fine. But it sure is nice to have both. Don't understand why more people don't do the same.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

People don't accept that they are suffering, every thread you read someone is whining about an android app feature lacking in their WP app, others still want to defend but at times give up and throw the ****, windows phone lags behind android & IOS in terms of colors ,animation and features, if only Microsoft can just add abit of color and animation, transition wise we are fine. Our apps are garbage compared to android & IOS apps, I don't know where the problem comes from but am a little convinced that its got to do alot with app APIs that are still missing, windows phone is a half baked OS and that can all be evidenced in native apps like Xbox music,video,games and the photos(videos too)app, new features that we got and boast about have been on android,Symbian and IOS since their first release, it can also be shown with how Microsoft played with the OS kernel and left millions of wp7 users with a half baked OS and even WP 8.1 is still a toothless child.
To me, am only waiting for wp10 and that's where am expecting everything I have been yearning to see on WP, let me hope wp10 won't be just a name change, am expecting everything thing to change with windows 10, if things stay the same, my Lumia will have to excuse me and meet a new owner.

I'm not suffering or delusional like some.

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Is the grass always greener on the other side?

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

They had roughly 6-8 months between announcing and today. They announced it at Google I/O. And then it got held back because of bugs that crash phones.

Good! They left the Android OS in a good version before heading that little long time to Android L.
In the case of MS, the only major update is 8.1. Others are just not so necessary as they add little or nothing; just bug fixes.
Now check the time frame between MS major update and the expected Windows Phone 10 and you will see that 1 year and three months of MS' Windows Phone 10 (it may be greater than that) is greater than 6-8 months of Android L release time. Heck!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you that w10 is a long wait, but it will probably be a bigger update than android L. Also you have to realize that the merging of the two or three OS's and teams behind them consumes time, they have to think twice as hard about little features because they have to work across all devices. That is a lot harder to design. Buuuuut once they get there! That is a threshold indeed. Once there is one oiled machine behind this single OS that we will call w10, and they can focus on just one OS instead of 3 (w, w rt, wp) development will go a lot faster. I truly believe we will get firmware updates without carrier involvement with w10. Development can speed up incredibly compared to Apple and Google because they have to develop separate OS's, Microsoft just one as of w10. It is a long wait, they work towards this for at least 5 years now. We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg where everything comes together.

As for things like the data toggle, I think it is not the technical difficulty that is holding them back. It is easy to make a switch. I think they worry more about the effects. What happens when people start turning it on and off 20 times a day trying to save data? Maybe it has a negative effect because after each time it is turned on there is a lot of synchronization initiated. People might end up using more data and battery. We don't know about all the programming behind that simple toggle.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Good! They left the Android OS in a good version before heading that little long time to Android L.
In the case of MS, the only major update is 8.1. Others are just not so necessary as they add little or nothing; just bug fixes.
Now check the time frame between MS major update and the expected Windows Phone 10 and you will see that 1 year and three months of MS' Windows Phone 10 (it may be greater than that) is greater than 6-8 months of Android L release time. Heck!

It is definitely a longer time frame than the 6-8 months you are quoting, but they are also doing a heck of a lot more work as well. They are effectively creating 1 experience across mobile, desktop and tablet which Android certainly has not done so why are you complaining about time? More work tends to mean more hours to complete, no? Jeeze people complain about everything these days.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Fully committed my digital life to MS services. Lumia 920 w/ DP, OneDrive, Office Home, Outlook as primary email (the alias feature is a god send), DVP8 running Win 10, VS 2013 Pro, and a Dev Center account. Plans for an Xbox One are on my list.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

If you think update 1 is just bug fixes, you haven't been paying attention.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

If you think update 1 is just bug fixes, you haven't been paying attention.
Really? You could have just talked about the live folder at once! I doubt, if anyone actually has any use for it, since it is not that awesome as expected!

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You can't make these kinds of threads on a Windows forum. These fanboys make iSheep look good ;)

Totally agree with you, Microsoft is slow when it comes to supporting their mobile phone platform. Would love to be able to put an app in the background and have it continue to upload, e.g OneDrive, Whatsapp, etc.

I am waiting for W10 before my next phone purchase. Can easily see myself with an Xperia Z4 / Z5.. While I'm at it I'll buy a PS4, and have all my machines running Linux. Yeah, that will show them!! Okay, Okay.. They could certainly care less, however at this point in time my only motivation for staying in Microsoft services is Office.

Need more than Halo and Minecraft to keep me in the Windoze pen Micro$haft

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Really? You could have just talked about the live folder at once! I doubt, if anyone actually has any use for it, since it is not that awesome as expected!

New language and region support for Cortana, VPN and Bluetooth changes, IE changes, Windows Store changes, better application sandboxing options, SMS forwarding for multiple messages, support for interactive cases such as the dot case, and support for the QuickCharge 2.0 standard all come with update 1. Don't even have to talk about live tiles, I could talk about any of that.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

You can't make these kinds of threads on a Windows forum. These fanboys make iSheep look good ;)

Totally agree with you, Microsoft is slow when it comes to supporting their mobile phone platform. Would love to be able to put an app in the background and have it continue to upload, e.g OneDrive, Whatsapp, etc.

I am waiting for W10 before my next phone purchase. Can easily see myself with an Xperia Z4 / Z5.. While I'm at it I'll buy a PS4, and have all my machines running Linux. Yeah, that will show them!! Okay, Okay.. They could certainly care less, however at this point in time my only motivation for staying in Microsoft services is Office.

Need more than Halo and Minecraft to keep me in the Windoze pen Micro$haft

Windoze? Micro$haft? You even put blatantly wrong information when you say that OneDrive can't upload in there background. Mine does all the time, it's how I upload my pictures.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Windoze? Micro$haft? You even put blatantly wrong information when you say that OneDrive can't upload in there background. Mine does all the time, it's how I upload my pictures.

Satiric misspelling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
windoze2000.jpg
Photos and Videos work great, try PDFs and other documents ..
Heck, try doing anything in the background with other Windows Phone apps in the store .. Multitasking in WP8.1 is better than 8, but still an overwhelming disappointment.

Need app in foreground to send a message in Whatsapp, GroupMe, Telegram, etc. Cannot press send and send to background. Same goes with unzip, torrenting, remote desktop, you name it!

Now Microsoft is releasing apps with hamburger icons. Looking less and less like Metro/ZuneHD and more like a poor mans Android alternative.

PS: I can afford a new device Microsoft. Are you trying to shun your customers towards Android or iOS?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel