Windows Phone 10 UI

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Let's be honest. Win10 for phones will have absolutely the same UI like wp8 and Microsoft won' t change a thing. iOS7 big change, Android Lollipop - big change. Microsofts Windows Phone - absolutely the same since wp7 (except the blank space on the start screen with the arrow) for 5 years..

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Let's be honest. Win10 for phones will have absolutely the same UI like wp8 and Microsoft won' t change a thing. iOS7 big change, Android Lollipop - big change. Microsofts Windows Phone - absolutely the same since wp7 (except the blank space on the start screen with the arrow) for 5 years..

..Are you working with them? Do you know their projects? If don't, then.... This will be ignored.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

So what's your point?? Apart from you like the iOS and LP design (influenced by WP, by the way).
If it ain't broke... don't fix it. Apart from some supposed missing features WP works well.

Anyone who is expecting a massive deviation from what we have already will be sorely disappointed... The exit is over there, by the way... If you're not happy, use it!!!!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
While we don't know what W10 on phones will look like, it will still look like Windows Phone. I do expect minor changes to improve functionality and appearances, but I don't expect a radical change. Nor should we, the Windows UI is a key part of Windows Phone. If Windows 10 came out and looked just like Android, more existing users would be confused and upset.

UI changes are rarely dramatic, they are almost always small incremental updates on any platform. Even iOS.. iOS7 was basically iOS6 with flattened icons and UI bits.

dsimages

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Android lollipop update was a simple color scheme and new animations on top of android kit Kat. (yes there were other, under the hood improvements.)

I was and android user since day one. Most frustrating thing was how the OS UI and app UI were always different.
Windows phone holds UI consistency throughout the entire usage of the phone and apps.

WP will have to totally f'up the UI for mr to consider going back to android.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Becoming more and more like competitor platforms, e.g action center, nothing but a poor knockoff. Android and iOS have much better pull down notifications.

Agree with you, me too want these changes just don't move away from Metro. Make it different than other platforms like WP8 and 7 were. And no hamburger menu please!

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh, wow, another negative thread from wpcontinue? I'm shocked.

While Android no longer bears a major resemblance to its embryonic states, you really cannot argue the point with anybody, professional or not, that iOS is all that different from the original phone. In fact, Apple is now at the point where they one criticism professionals constantly give is that the interface and basic functions have been static and show a lack of development since its original incarnation. There was a man on YouTube who switched back to the original iPhone for a week and found that really the only difference was iMessage, the window shade, and that many apps couldn't run on the older hardware.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sadly until MS come out and say it publicly, people will continue to jump to conclusions about the UX. There are so many deep rooted flaws however I have rarely seen anyone mention them, most probably due to the fact that people really haven't used it in a work place environment.

Personally I feel that if you haven't used a device on a day to day basis for work and your personal life, you really haven't stressed the device or used it to it's full potential.

Windows phone had the makings of something truly spectacular with Windows Phone 7, whereas with 8 I was hoping they would build on that. However no thanks to some people who don't even get the UX (i.e Games in the applist - the most visible of the changes) have influenced the MS to make silly design changes with windows phone 8.1, therefore with 8.1 we saw the destruction of the HUB model in favour of the app model & their social extensibility framework...

The irony of it all is, ios and android are slowly moving to a hub centric model and people are praising them for it - the very same target audience who complained about it in the first place when they used windows phone :grincry:.

I for one hope with windows 10 they go back to basics and bring back the hub model integrated with the app model, this is doable as software by definition is extremely malleable.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

captura-de-pantalla-2014-09-28-a-las-11-08-08.png

The-evolution-of-Android.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I mean, yeah, Windows Phone didn't have some major design overhaul but it's not fair to say iOS and Android had HUGE differences from the past. All iOS did at first was add background images then flat and clean icons on 7 and 8. Stock Android isn't even that much of a difference except for the flat icons. The flat UI that Windows started with. While Windows Phone didn't have a major design change, it changed the way iOS and Android look at their design. Now we have FLAT and CLEAN everywhere.

Also, Windows Phone only had two major releases to date. Windows Phone 7 and 8 and the reason behind the same feel is that flat is still the big thing in design. Like some experts say, Windows started a design revolution.

Also, it's not right to say Win10 will have the same design as we haven't had a single design leak for Windows 10 for Phones. All you said is basically irrelevant.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone had the makings of something truly spectacular with Windows Phone 7, whereas with 8 I was hoping they would build on that. However no thanks to some people who don't even get the UX (i.e Games in the applist - the most visible of the changes) have influenced the MS to make silly design changes with windows phone 8.1, therefore with 8.1 we saw the destruction of the HUB model in favour of the app model & their social extensibility framework...

The irony of it all is, ios and android are slowly moving to a hub centric model and people are praising them for it - the very same target audience who complained about it in the first place when they used windows phone :grincry:.

I for one hope with windows 10 they go back to basics and bring back the hub model integrated with the app model, this is doable as software by definition is extremely malleable.

The hub concept in WP7 was brilliant, but in implementation, it was inconsistent. The games hub was the only one that worked every time, where all new games were added into the games hub. But others, like photo hub, was a total missed opportunity. I don't know if it was mediocre apps that were built to not use the hubs option, or if the APIs were limited for third party apps, but it created a watering down of the hubs structure until it was just basically eliminated by WP8.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

So Ios has undergone a change in 7 years and Android has undergone a change in 6 years (Both HEAVILY inspired by WP). That automatically means Windows Phone needs a change just because the other two have changed once?

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So what's your point?? Apart from you like the iOS and LP design (influenced by WP, by the way).

View attachment 90687

View attachment 90688

View attachment 90689

I mean, yeah, Windows Phone didn't have some major design overhaul but it's not fair to say iOS and Android had HUGE differences from the past. All iOS did at first was add background images then flat and clean icons on 7 and 8. Stock Android isn't even that much of a difference except for the flat icons. The flat UI that Windows started with. While Windows Phone didn't have a major design change, it changed the way iOS and Android look at their design. Now we have FLAT and CLEAN everywhere.

Disagree with both of you and with the OP as well.

I disagree with both of you because maybe iOS 7 had been inspired by Windows Phone but Android Lollipop and previous iterations had been flat for a long time, the difference Lollipop brought was bolder colours, use of shadows, better animations than ran at 60 FPS and gave you a feeling of where they came from, and some other tweaks.

Windows Phone has slowly become an OS with less and less colors, with the start screen or two color applications that are judged by the theme that you select in the settings.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No changes?
lets see, wat did we get this year ( 2014 )
we got transparency / wallpapers
we got life folders ( A )
we got a actioncenter ( B )
we got a data toggle ( C )

wp_ss_20141212_0001.png

I think its clean and sleak and most important its swift and stable.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

To be fair... Android and iOS haven't really changed in the way they operate or look. You tap icons, and they make stuff happen. Only truly unique UI I've seen is Jolla, and that's still in it's infancy. Change for the sake of change isn't always good. Both Android and iOS appear to have made most changes as gradual evolutionary changes. Not unlike Windows Phone over the past few years. Update the wrapper, but keep the recipe classic. Works for coke, and apparently the tech industry.

Or... you could say MS got burned after the Win8 UI debacle, and they're going to avoid anything radically different lest they bring down the wrath of angry tech junkies again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)