01-05-2015 06:47 PM
117 1234 ...
tools
    12-30-2014 08:33 AM
    The upside to this is it'll make my decision to switch to an iPhone easy if MS really does bring Android apps to WP.
    12-30-2014 08:45 AM
    We've already covered this earlier in the year... Please close the thread. More BS 'rumours'!!!!
    12-30-2014 08:46 AM
    BlackBerry sold about 1.5 million BB10 devices the last quarter, that wouldn't be possible without Android apps, so It's working well for them.
    Microsoft as a company is 100 times bigger than BlackBerry, but WP's sales are only 6 times bigger than BB10's.
    12-30-2014 09:12 AM
    If this gonna happens, I will switch directly to Android or ios....
    Wtf...
    gEtApATaLkEd
    12-30-2014 09:22 AM
    BlackBerry sold about 1.5 million BB10 devices the last quarter, that wouldn't be possible without Android apps, so It's working well for them.
    Microsoft as a company is 100 times bigger than BlackBerry, but WP's sales are only 6 times bigger than BB10's.
    It's working well for them? Their market share is dwindling and has been in dead zone and you call that working for them.
    ANdroid apps are not why they still sell phones. Loyalty is. Bb fans are quite loyal.
    theefman and aximtreo like this.
    12-30-2014 09:37 AM
    The upside to this is it'll make my decision to switch to an iPhone easy if MS really does bring Android apps to WP.
    As soon as I saw the thread I immediately said "let me go ahead and get that iPhone 6+ again."
    If mMicrosoft does this, this is effectively killing windows phone and becoming a me too os and I'm done.
    12-30-2014 09:39 AM
    Oh well, all this Android support craps again, getting sick of it. If this is true, for God's sake, I will sell my Lumia for an Android. Why should I buy a Windows Phone for Android apps?

I'll do the same..I totally agree that android apps on WP is a bad idea..but MS ain't seemed to be bothered. So I'll nit waste time running Android apps on a WP..I'll just get an Android device. Simple.
    12-30-2014 09:39 AM
    Maybe hardcore Windows users wouldn't like having Android Support - but wouldn't this remove one pain point for potential buyers? You get the simplicity of the Windows OS and all of your Android apps get to come along for the ride.

Sure you can say "well, people would just go for an Android phone" - but isn't that just a glass half-empty way of looking at it?
    T1Cybernetic likes this.
    12-30-2014 09:57 AM
    It would be great to be able to use (More) apps on windows phone. No matter if they are android or not.
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:03 AM
    It's working well for them? Their market share is dwindling and has been in dead zone and you call that working for them.
    ANdroid apps are not why they still sell phones. Loyalty is. Bb fans are quite loyal.
    It's a small company, you can't expect a big market share. The brand was destroyed by the previous management, they're just stabilizing the company. Under these circumstances, 1.5 million units is an amazing achievement compared with the 9 million Lumia units that Microsoft shipped the last quarter.

Without Android apps BB10 phones would be useless, nobody buys a useless phone because of loyalty. Since a couple of months ago, BlackBerry is pre-installing the Amazon AppStore, so now BB10 has a better app selection than WP.
    12-30-2014 10:07 AM
    Do you thinking any developer will continue write native apps if the systems from MS get android support?
    gEtApATaLkEd
    12-30-2014 10:07 AM
    They shouldn't allow android apps. They should stick with windows only, for a year see how it goes then take a decision whether to allow android apps or not.
    12-30-2014 10:08 AM
    If you haven't seen this on the front page of Windows Central, take this with a pinch of salt!
    How about a bucket of salt now that it is article on wincentral!!
    Muessig likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:09 AM
    My work device is a blackberry, the Android apps run slow (if they run at all), it's really a terrible experience. And of course, because there are android apps there are very few native apps.
    If MS allow android to run on Windows Phone, as much as I'm not a fan, I'll be off for an iPhone.
    12-30-2014 10:13 AM
    It would be great to be able to use (More) apps on windows phone. No matter if they are android or not.
    I agree. I used to hate this idea and would actually let it upset me. Then I realized how stupid it is to get that worked up over such small things in life. Now I'd prefer it so we can get and use the latest apps, with the latest updates.

It's better than living with beta apps or relying on 3rd party apps.
    12-30-2014 10:16 AM
    This just occurred to me... the user experience on anything but flagship Android phones is generally very poor. Even moderate hardware struggles with the inefficient Android OS, especially vs. WP where a highly optimized OS has allowed phones with comparatively poor hardware specs to work smoothly. Combine this with the news from just a few days ago that the overwhelming share of WP devices are low-memory devices. I'd hate to see just how miserable the experience would be for users on something like a 635 or similar running WP 10 AND an Android emulator so they could use apps designed to run on Android.
    12-30-2014 10:19 AM
    This just occurred to me... the user experience on anything but flagship Android phones is generally very poor. Even moderate hardware struggles with the inefficient Android OS, especially vs. WP where a highly optimized OS has allowed phones with comparatively poor hardware specs to work smoothly. Combine this with the news from just a few days ago that the overwhelming share of WP devices are low-memory devices. I'd hate to see just how miserable the experience would be for users on something like a 635 or similar running WP 10 AND an Android emulator so they could use apps designed to run on Android.
    I agree.
    12-30-2014 10:27 AM
    Maybe hardcore Windows users wouldn't like having Android Support - but wouldn't this remove one pain point for potential buyers? You get the simplicity of the Windows OS and all of your Android apps get to come along for the ride.

Sure you can say "well, people would just go for an Android phone" - but isn't that just a glass half-empty way of looking at it?
    Or that's just being blissfully unaware. Again why would I want a phone that runs android apps and likely not as smoothly as an actual device. I may as well just get the real thing. Which I don't want.

Microsoft may as well just go ahead and concede mobile. I do wonder what the excuses will be then when android apps

A. Still barely help market share
    B. Kills native development.

Next you will hear them killing tiles to bring back icons ala windows mobile.
    12-30-2014 10:31 AM
    After reading this thread, i realized

Their are too many Android haters here and they hate Android more than they love WP.
    12-30-2014 10:32 AM
    It's a small company, you can't expect a big market share. The brand was destroyed by the previous management, they're just stabilizing the company. Under these circumstances, 1.5 million units is an amazing achievement compared with the 9 million Lumia units that Microsoft shipped the last quarter.
    Selling 1.5 million units vs 9 million(not even including the OTHER windows phones) is an amazing achievement. Okay then.
    I suppose because HTC is smaller than Samsung we should praise the lower selling over the higher selling.

FRom the people who use blackberry 10, they actually hate android apps and will be moving to iPhones soon. I've used bluestacks on windows...its awful.

The android thing might have helped blackberry when it first came out but it seriously isn't a reason why it still sells now. And praising 1.5 million over 9 million is just...no.
    Aleksandar Andreev likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:35 AM
    Based on my experience on Windows Phone, being a purist is not that good. More options are better
    12-30-2014 10:39 AM
    Do you thinking any developer will continue write native apps if the systems from MS get android support?
    gEtApATaLkEd
    rudyhuyn comments on Microsoft hones its plans to try to close the app gap

After reading this thread, i realized

Their are too many Android haters here and they hate Android more than they love WP.
    If I wanted an android phone, I would have bought one. Plus, I DON'T like android, is there any law against that as long as I don't go around trolling android users? This is a WP forum so yes, I am for everything WP and against everything else, without being abusive. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, IMO.
    StevoPhilo likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:42 AM
    It has become apparent that until Windows phone is taken seriously by majority of the tech/journo-sphere, companies & sales reps this irksome rumor will never die.
    12-30-2014 11:33 AM
    Selling 1.5 million units vs 9 million(not even including the OTHER windows phones) is an amazing achievement. Okay then.
    I suppose because HTC is smaller than Samsung we should praise the lower selling over the higher selling.

FRom the people who use blackberry 10, they actually hate android apps and will be moving to iPhones soon. I've used bluestacks on windows...its awful.

The android thing might have helped blackberry when it first came out but it seriously isn't a reason why it still sells now. And praising 1.5 million over 9 million is just...no.

The OTHER windows phones sales are like 10 units, maybe 20.
    Android apps run well in 10.3.1, the implementation of the Android runtime is constantly improving with each new version of the OS.

Microsoft is almost 100 times bigger than BlackBerry. Microsoft has an excellent set of services to offer with their devices, they dominate the PC market. It's surprising that they can only sell 9 million units per quarter. Compared to BlackBerry, Microsoft is performing awfully, Nadella should be fired.

A mix of native apps for the most popular services, plus thousand of niche Android apps to fill the gaps, would be the perfect solution for WP users.
    12-30-2014 11:37 AM
117 1234 ...