Windows Phone competing platform support (Rumor)

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I think that this could be attractive to most of users.
But I am afraid that enabling android apps would make WP slower because those apps are not predicted for windows phone. I see so much problems with that, but on the other hand I think that some android users would switch to WP. Most of users that are complaining on WP are complaining because of apps and tiles on start screen :)

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think that this could be attractive to most of users.
But I am afraid that enabling android apps would make WP slower because those apps are not predicted for windows phone. I see so much problems with that, but on the other hand I think that some android users would switch to WP. Most of users that are complaining on WP are complaining because of apps and tiles on start screen :)

If that was the case, then blackberry which has strong enterprise ties would be the leading mobile platform since it supports running android application on it.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
That would be the worst thing Microsoft could ever do to windows phone. If the creators of the OS themself give up on it then why shouldn't the fans. I primarily chose WP even though it lacked apps because it was clean unlike the trash which android is. Not only I most would leave WP if this happens.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
If that was the case, then blackberry which has strong enterprise ties would be the leading mobile platform since it supports running android application on it.
Well Blackberry and Windows Phone are not the same. Blackberry phones are expensive (not all of them) and not so attractive designed and they have mostly physical keyboards. Besides MCSFT is powerful company, they will think if they should or not support android apps and what are consequences.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The world is moving towards mobile devices. Microsoft needs to move towards mobile devices to survive. It intends to create the mobile Windows market itself, which is why it developed the Surface and bought Nokia's smartphone business. It is not going to throw away its mobile Windows business by dropping support for its own Windows Store, and implementing a way to run Android apps on its mobile platforms. If it did this Microsoft would be finished. It's not going to happen.

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It was mentioned in an article on windows central that the Android idea was scraped. They never gave a reason. I don't recall what it was specifically but it had something to do with streaming or mobile computing applications or some other with Windows 10. Sounded interesting though.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
If this is true, it will be the beginning of the end :)
IMO
This is never going to be the case as Windows Phone has so many restrictions that most of the apps will be rendered unusable. Also it will be a gateway for viruses to attack Windows phone, spoiling is virus free reputation. Microsoft is a company mature enough to deal with the app situation rather than giving up and leaning towards Android. Android apps on Windows Phone will make phones slower so i see no point in switching to windows phone. It will be suicide but it is very unlikely that it would happen.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The problem of apps lies back to the core system,how comes office looks better on iOS than windows phone?, do you think Microsoft just wanted it that way? Of course no, they just can't find a better way to make apps look better on windows phone until windows 10 comes with all the necessary tools to develop superior applications,am sure Microsoft won't give any coming soon excuse with w10, have seen a few things we voted for at wp user voice are rolling in slowly by slowly, Microsoft knows where the problem is and has already found a final solution.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it, where is the new information that confirms this? He just talks about a tweet from Tom Warren months ago, then asks if you would like it.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I just copied text from link but that was a mistake.
I will try to delete "confirmed" part of title.

EDIT : Can't change title now :(
If some moderator sees this, please edit and delete "confirmed" from title, it's mistake on site from link.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, all this Android support craps again, getting sick of it. If this is true, for God's sake, I will sell my Lumia for an Android. Why should I buy a Windows Phone for Android apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos