W10 for phones and tablets will probably have the address bar on top. Help vote against!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid the W10 browser for phones and tablets will have the address bar on top. There have been rumors about this, and since there will be one browser for desktop and metro with minor differences according to the latest information and screenshots the threat seems real.

This would be truly horrible. We have to stop this. Is there a page to vote for this on the W10 uservoice/feedback website? If not I'll make it later today. Or if you're faster than me and agree you can make it already.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You're talking about Spartan? That browser has not been confirmed for phones yet. I would suggest waiting until the 21st to see or at least get a glimpse of what MS is planning, before rushing in, but the choice is up to you

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Who cares where adress bar is in browser when u type in keyboard which is on the bottom.

Reachability I guess. It was a welcomed change to me when it was first rolled out. On phablets like the 1520, which I am using, having the address bar at the bottom makes it easier to access it. I feel that it is smarter than, say, double tapping the home button to bring elements on the screen lower. If you want it to be accessible then put it where it is accessible.

Bojan Malinovic

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Reachability I guess. It was a welcomed change to me when it was first rolled out. On phablets like the 1520, which I am using, having the address bar at the bottom makes it easier to access it. I feel that it is smarter than, say, double tapping the home button to bring elements on the screen lower. If you want it to be accessible then put it where it is accessible.

I am using 1520 also, but again since most of us cant use that phone single handed and must use both hand, it is not that important whether its on top or bottom. True it is easier on the bottom for single hand use, but when you use both hand to operate phone than its not that big issue, at least not that big to start a riot over it :)

I just hope that W10 will bring some more functionality and more improvements, top address bar is something i can live with.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
UI wise it also makes no sense. You still have a keyboard at the bottom and the address bar at the top is illogical because in between you see a part of the website. The feedback of what you type is too far away from your eyes. There is a reason messaging apps put the box where your typing text appears right above the keyboard. Because it makes sense. How weird would it be if your typed message would float at the top in WhatsApp. Years we had it wrong and all browsers still have it wrong. Windows phone finally brought many elements to the bottom. I hope they don't give up on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have seen zero information on the bar being on top in Phone.

So you're asking us to stop something that isn't even known to be even happening?
Sure we have those Spartan screenshots, but that's for desktop or maybe tablet at the most.
IE had the bar on the top, we have it on the bottom, hasn't been a conflict.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Why are you getting worked up about speculation info? Can't we all just wait till the 21st for official confirmation about features etc, before we throw hissy fits about what we don't don't like?
Sent all the way from Jupiter with my Lumia 1320.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it makes sense to have the address bar at the bottom but it is not a big deal to me. I'm not gonna stress over it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster