Windows Phone 10: Welcome to the Future (Concept)

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
only 2 thing I don't like from this concept: the partition in the start screen and the coming-from-side menu...
all in all, it's not a bad design.

and i like to see more than 1 start screen with swipe left or right support (let people choose 1 or more start screen)...let the people be free instead of lock them into factory themed... this will not affect security issues...

I hope Microsoft don't listen to you for this one...

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Nice work man... But Actually Microsoft must let the developers make start screens themes instead of just 1-2 factory themes!! and i like to see more than 1 start screen with swipe left or right support (let people choose 1 or more start screen)...let the people be free instead of lock them into factory themed... this will not affect security issues...

That's what we call an Android OS.. LOL

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I am afraid that (if this concept is true) MCSF make WP to simplified.
They keep forgetting that others like Viber or Zedge and so on won't have simplified tiles, so it would be realy bad.
I see now, one tile is simple, second colorized purple with white, third is multicolor as Shazam's tile for example or Zedge's.

I think that there should be some tile standard. Not only for MCSFT apps.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I am afraid that (if this concept is true) MCSF make WP to simplified.
They keep forgetting that others like Viber or Zedge and so on won't have simplified tiles, so it would be realy bad.
I see now, one tile is simple, second colorized purple with white, third is multicolor as Shazam's tile for example or Zedge's.

I think that there should be some tile standard. Not only for MCSFT apps.

Quick fact : This concept is designed by an individual artist, not Microsoft.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Lot of people are disliking this concept. I'm not saying this SHOULD be WP10. But, so far this is the best innovative design on WP10 i've seen. Most of the other concepts just added a full wallpaper to start screen and app list screen and there their the design innovation ends. :unhappy:

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Quick fact : This concept is designed by an individual artist, not Microsoft.

Yes, but don't forget that MCSFT will use tiles as on this concept, they said earlier that some icons will be siplified, such as settings, alarm and so on. This concept is using those icons on tiles. So I guess this concept is most similar to the future WP10 concept.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan of start screen layout, but LOVE Xbox Music app concept and improved Cortland plus better Action Centre and in my opinion these are the least Microsoft has to bring to the table otherwise Windows 10 on phones will be just a number change.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
But for the start screen all they really need to do is to make tiles cover the screen edge to edge (perhaps leaving just enough of space for the status bar).

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the music app is OMG SOO PERFECT. I hope to god they get rifd of making it a store app and make it a system app again but add a privledge that lets them update it, not this crap where where we have a app that is a new face of the old player that still exists

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
the music app is OMG SOO PERFECT. I hope to god they get rifd of making it a store app and make it a system app again but add a privledge that lets them update it, not this crap where where we have a app that is a new face of the old player that still exists
Firstly, it is exactly what you described it, you can't remove the app but it can be updated. It is a system app. What I really hope is that they make their Xbox apps the same on all platforms and share code between them (universal apps). It's about time almost all system apps on windows and windows phone became universal. Why does windows have a stopwatch app built in but windows phone doesn't? Why is the WP Mail app lifeless in comparison to the windows Mail app. Just my opinion again.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, it is exactly what you described it, you can't remove the app but it can be updated. It is a system app. What I really hope is that they make their Xbox apps the same on all platforms and share code between them (universal apps). It's about time almost all system apps on windows and windows phone became universal. Why does windows have a stopwatch app built in but windows phone doesn't? Why is the WP Mail app lifeless in comparison to the windows Mail app. Just my opinion again.

I agree with you on this. I hope they make all system apps universal. But I find this likely anyway. So I'm good

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
They need to make the larger tiles interactive and widget-like by option. Wouldn't it be cool if the large xbox music icon could also be an on screen mini-player with an album cover on display as well? I think they should also bring extra large icons to the phone part like the pc has, for widget-like purposes.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
But for the start screen all they really need to do is to make tiles cover the screen edge to edge (perhaps leaving just enough of space for the status bar).

Even i was thinking the same. Too much margin makes the tiles looks like icons. :/

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
They need to make the larger tiles interactive and widget-like by option. Wouldn't it be cool if the large xbox music icon could also be an on screen mini-player with an album cover on display as well? I think they should also bring extra large icons to the phone part like the pc has, for widget-like purposes.

I think tiles instead of android-like widgets is what making the windows UI look good and different. I saw implementation of android widgets in between the boxy(WP look alike) tiles in Nokia X and it looked really ugly.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but don't forget that MCSFT will use tiles as on this concept, they said earlier that some icons will be siplified, such as settings, alarm and so on. This concept is using those icons on tiles. So I guess this concept is most similar to the future WP10 concept.

May be or may be not. We will have to wait to see what the actual WP10 looks like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss