Windows Phone 10 Preview

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In joining the dots, there's an assumption that the Windows Insider program for Windows 10 will extend to Windows Phone.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So what does public preview mean? On 21 we wont see how WP looks, but then after that?
We'll definitely see it on the 21st, but I think Mary Jo Foley means we'll get some sort of a Windows 10 preview on our phones (phone insider update) shortly after the 21st.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
As I can understand on what I have red, PFD with be replaced by Windows Insider. Preview App for Windows 10 for mobile wil be called Windows Insider

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So excited and I really just can't hide it! And OMG at the perfect timing! My 1520's about to be released from Nokia Care by that time!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm my assumption is MS would release 8.1 Update 2 by the 21st and show W10 demo on the 21st and a Preview would be released sometime by Build. Just a bit skeptical about that "shortly after" because unfortunately, the shortly means something opposite on Microsoft's dictionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Umm my assumption is MS would release 8.1 Update 2 by the 21st and show W10 demo on the 21st and a Preview would be released sometime by Build. Just a bit skeptical about that "shortly after" because unfortunately, the shortly means something opposite on Microsoft's dictionary

Nope. It will be Windows (Mobile) 10. We have seen chunks of GDR2 (data toggle, etc) by small incremental updates, reiterates that GDR2 has already been scrapped.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It will be Windows (Mobile) 10. We have seen chunks of GDR2 (data toggle, etc) by small incremental updates, reiterates that GDR2 has already been scrapped.

Well thats why i mentioned "assumption", either way by Windows 10 i meant the mobile version (to keep it on topic). Based on rumors, yes most of the so called GDR2 expected enhancements have already been made in the recent OS releases but the same rumors also say there is a significant higher OS version still floating around internally which "might" be GDR2. Again I would be happy if I am proved wrong since I am more excited to get W10 rather than GDR2

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Glad to here that.... some sites are reporting that MS going to scrap GDR2 update ... !!! i dont know wether its rumour or legal news

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
you people have to understand that the delay of update is not the fault of Microsoft. It's the providers who have to test the firmware before approval and they are the bottleneck.
that's why there's PfD. You get the (OS) update instantly.
if they say the update will come shortly after 21st it will probably arrive within the next few days after the 21st

Alec Glen

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
What are we actually expecting in Windows 10? Clearly for desktop/tablet Windows 10 will bring all the recent goodies from Windows Phone but I don't really know what to expect in terms of new to Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99