All buttons are going to the top! Horrible

DaQuantumFro

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It has been a number of years since Windows Phone launched and the apps were due a refresh. The new Universal app model means the design has to work on both a phone, a tablet, and a PC. Does the UI look similar to Android sort of; it's still more minimalist. If you have issues with the direction and you're on the TP post in Feedback.

DaQuantumFro

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay somebody put up there idea of how they would maintain the glory of Metro while making it work on at least screens larger than a 1520? Please keep in mind it must also take into account users who have issues with Metro on all levels and people using keyboards and mice.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay somebody put up there idea of how they would maintain the glory of Metro while making it work on at least screens larger than a 1520? Please keep in mind it must also take into account users who have issues with Metro on all levels and people using keyboards and mice.

I'll do my best. However my design would also feature buttons on the top. Lets be honest, do you really go into app settings and such so often?

The bottom would be clean and not stuffed with On-screen buttons, action buttons, chat windows all together. And yes I think we may see On-screen buttons on the flagships too. Implemented properly makes them very useful.

Maybe some floating thingy for action buttons on the bottom could be made.

Last edited:

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

This is about the interface on phones.
And for the 1520 metro is much more convenient to use than the new design they've come up with

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I just thinking.. Maybe feedback is important for the progress, but is MS don't have any capabilities to think their self about the design and all UI language and still running years with their unsatisfying good design, maybe they need hire a designer like appl* did.. Hope W10 is the best design we will ever see :)

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
People are happy with their phone because they don't know better.

That's true! It's a very small portion of the population that knows there's more smartphones besides Apple or Android (and most of them think the only other alternative is BlackBerry, followed by the question "do they still make BlackBerries?") :evil:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
MS clearly knows that people like to use their phones one-handed. Otherwise, why would they make the keyboard re-sizable for one handed gesture typing?

Someone needs to make a parody commercial for a nose stylus just to show how ridiculous iOS and Android button layout is. "The easiest way to use your large smartphone with one hand. The Nostrilus (or Nostylus, or whatever)."

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 97103

This is when the burger is pressed.

And what happens when ellipses are pressed? I would have expected send feedback and settings to go there.

I know you mocked this up based on the real wp10 photos app, and it really highlights the fact that MS itself seems to be confused about the usage of the hamburger menu. Is it for rarely use actions like in the current OneDrive app? (but what's wrong with putting them under ellipses like in the old metro apps?) Or is it for navigation? (but then pivots does a better job of that in terms of usability, why change this?) Is it for both? (then what are ellipses for?)

If MS can't even figure this out for its own apps then what hope is there for a consistent user experience across devices?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers