W10 for phones your opinion of the event news?

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Think you guys have seen a sneak pic of what windows 10 is going to be like on small screens, its still windows phone anyway with full-scale background wallpapers, I haven't noticed any big changes,the notification center looks almost the same, the app menu is still the same to and only the settings menu showed a little difference but still black with white text as well, the lock screen still looks like the old one to.
Think this all windows 10 for phones thing is driven around a new windows phone that deeply integrates with your pc and other Microsoft products, its all about universal apps,pc and phone marriage Actually I haven't noticed any ui changes, things still look the same,now looking back at other OS unveiling,i think every version of android, iOS or blackberry has looked unrecognisably different front the others though iOS doesn't look much different from older versions to.
I haven't seen any ground shaking features like those Google unveiled in android 5, so far i haven't seen much of anything different but let me hope Microsoft works more on what it has just showed us, I was expecting something like Android 5,iOS8 or BB10 make over unfortunately the only new things I saw were the background images,tweaked settings menu and the new keyboard thing and that's all.

Let me know what you guys think of the new windows 10 mobile in comments below

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
All of the features announced today for W10 are good in their own respective ways. Action Center does get changed a bit more than you're letting on, especially when looking at functionality; more action buttons is definitely sth I'm looking forward too. I missed a few parts, but friends have told me that we can expect actionable notifications and that's a big change.

The apps integration, not only on the phone, but for every platform is another one of those small changes that can end up having a big impact.

All in all, we should not forget that this is simply a preview and not the end-product. We should be happy that MS decided to reveal any information at all, instead of letting us live off rumors :/

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Plus don't forget that we will be able to use the insider app for testing and feedback. I am sure that some things will change depending on the feedback.

In general I like what I saw.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with ven07, the changes may be subtle but they do enhance the overall experience. I mentioned on another thread how I thought Microsoft was shrewdly releasing its apps on other platforms for testing purposes. Look at what we're getting and tell me we'd be getting those features were it not for the feedback from the millions of iOS & Android users.

OneDrive syncing with music, notification syncing across all devices, Office docs syncing across all devices. Not exactly Earth-shattering but at least it's something nobody else offers out of the box yet. Again, this was a preview. There may be more as feedback starts rolling in from this event. Let's all be adults with the feedback, OK?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Did anybody notice Joe replying to a text while still in the settings menu? He didn't have to leave the application and briefly switch to messaging. Messaging was overlaid on top of the current app! Brilliant!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Did they present this* all in action? I want to watch video. Can someone kindly share the link please, just for the phone part. Dont need whole Win10 presentation

*action center, apps list, settings (too I think) etc.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Tbh, I really dont want that many changes to the UI. I think its pretty nice the way it is now. Hopefully the changes are more stuff u dont notice and like someone else said, helps PC/tablet/ talk with the phone

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I wrote this yesterday "Microsoft came out with a new phone with color 3 dimensional holographic display that was really cool" about a dream I had.. Makes me wonder if that dream was more of a premonition. All in all the presentation had a few interesting aspects but as they said development is still in diapers and it will take a few months as it matures before we really get a grasp on what the new system can do. As others have said probably around wmc.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The new versions of Office look great, really excited to get most of the features from the desktop version. Hopefully it allows for the creation of new PowerPoints though.

​And the actionable messaging toasts... simply awesome.

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I must say I was blown away by tge awesomeness we saw today, but for phones I felt like too litttle was changed. I really hope to see some UI changes while keeping it in the same style. The full background with no transparent tiles looks extremely ugly at least, so I hope that gets changed

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did anybody notice Joe replying to a text while still in the settings menu? He didn't have to leave the application and briefly switch to messaging. Messaging was overlaid on top of the current app! Brilliant!

Still playing catch up though, iOS8 had had this for a while now. Still, good to have the feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786