Phone insiders ... preview for developers !! 'am confused ??

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
1- .. what is the case for preview for developers users ... does this app got terminated ?
2- .. The Insider app .. Should I jump into it now ! or after a few days problems appear and we face same old technical errors of the PFD app ?
3- .. If so .. I want to know how to sign in the insider app .. ?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Phone insider is still not available for log in for the regular users. It might be enabled in future update OR they might limit that app for faster beta like updates(but highly bugged) like the W10 TP for PC and use PFD app for more stable releases to general public.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Preview For Developers delivers core OS updates for WP8.1 to early adopters ahead of official carrier/OEM rollout schedules. The key thing to note here is that these finished i.e. final products. That scenario may well continue when Windows 10 launches n phones, we just don't know yet.

The Insider program delivers beta i.e. unfinished OS code to enthusiasts and testers on PCs and this is soon to become available to WP devices. Obviously, this is a new paradigm for phone users as we will gain access to early code and those clamouring for an early taste of Windows 10 on phones should not expect the same experience as PfD; Microsoft needs quality feedback on these early builds as it gears up for a final release later this year.

I think another key question not answered yet is whether the Insider program will also deliver new beta phone firmware + core OS as apposed to just core OS in the PfD program.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Preview For Developers delivers core OS updates for WP8.1 to early adopters ahead of official carrier/OEM rollout schedules. The key thing to note here is that these finished i.e. final products. That scenario may well continue when Windows 10 launches n phones, we just don't know yet.

The Insider program delivers beta i.e. unfinished OS code to enthusiasts and testers on PCs and this is soon to become available to WP devices. Obviously, this is a new paradigm for phone users as we will gain access to early code and those clamouring for an early taste of Windows 10 on phones should not expect the same experience as PfD; Microsoft needs quality feedback on these early builds as it gears up for a final release later this year.

I think another key question not answered yet is whether the Insider program will also deliver new beta phone firmware + core OS as apposed to just core OS in the PfD program.
Ummmm.... Your question is also need an answer!! Microsoft needs to clarify some things !

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone insider is still not available for log in for the regular users. It might be enabled in future update OR they might limit that app for faster beta like updates(but highly bugged) like the W10 TP for PC and use PFD app for more stable releases to general public.

I may wait till some try it out before jumping into it ! soon things will appear

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon