Possible Revolution by MS, A new flagship.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like these specs like 2k/4k resolutions, 3/4 GB of RAM, Intel x86 processors only serve to raise prices and reduce battery life as opposed to actually adding tangible functionality. If we aren't going to get true x86 functions on phones, what's the point?

That is the point. It's a smartphone while you're on the go. But when you dock it it's a full PC. Open up your mind a bit.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
an overpowered and highly possible overpriced phone like WNxAshik suggesting is definitely not what I want from the next Microsoft Lumia flagship

Not overpowered for a full PC and as for price. And from what I remember from the CES announcement the Asus ZenFone 2 with similar specs was very reasonably priced.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
As I said open up that small little mind of yours. Get the phone home or to the office. Plug it into a dock which is attached to your mouse, keyboard and 24in monitor.

smdh

​Why on earth would I plug my phone into a dock connected to a monitor when I already have a desktop plugged into it that can perform tasks far more efficiently than my phone can?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's an App for the Moto Atrix and is nothing like what I'm talking about which is a full phone/tablet hybrid which performs as a smartphone undocked but becomes a full X86 Windows PC when docked.

If it was an "app" as you put it then the compute power to run everything in emulated environment would have been immense much more than the dual core soc in the Motorola Atrix.

Regardless I doubt some of you really understand the ramifications what you are asking, in principle once a person becomes heavily invested on a device via personal data let alone corporate data then that device becomes priceless. Therefore irreplaceable, so if it was to become lost or stolen then more is lost than personal photos, music and contacts.

In this digital era, people are scanning & saving documents on their pc such as statements, tax return documents, passports, driving licenses etc in the place of a dupelicate paper copy.

So if a person saved all that on their sole computing device, in this case their phone... you can imagine the consequences would be beyond devastating.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
A phone is a phone, and a pc is a pc. All these spec wars boil down to people wanting their phone to replace their computer. It's not going to happen and any attempt at this point would scorch your thigh while sitting in your pocket.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just want awesome battery life. Which is not going to happen if they create an Android beast.

#1 thing people want on a phone is for it to run longer. That's a winner and marketable. 4GB RAM is not going to help with that.

To come out and say (for example) runs for 2 whole days of good use, 5 of low use. That'll get attention.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
A flagship with high-end specs and the Lumia 925's design, except slimmer. The Lumia 925 and 920 had the best designs imo. I wouldn't mind an improved Lumia 930, like the OP said though.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
an overpowered and highly possible overpriced phone like WNxAshik suggesting is definitely not what I want from the next Microsoft Lumia flagship

and two flagships? lol, that's a big loss of money for Microsoft

Look at ASUS Zenphone2 and its price, then comeback and tell me if these specs are gonna be overpriced.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Look at ASUS Zenphone2 and its price, then comeback and tell me if these specs are gonna be overpriced.

two brands with different level of recognition: you can't put a MICROSOFT flagship with an ASUS pricing
for a flagship, I couldn't care less about the specs as long as it runs better than normal and can hold updates for the next 2 or 3 years

seriously, 1080p, 3 GB RAM, with Snapdragon 805 is enough for me...
but definitely not for Average Joe out there who are mostly spec-blinded noob

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Look, a dockable x86 Lumia phone, that becomes a PC when you connect it to a monitor, is not going to happen, at least not this particular iteration of Windows on phones. The hardware just isn't there yet.

Five to ten years from now? Who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss