Windows 10 for OEM partner phones like the HTC One M8 for Windows?

vreynz

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Recent articles from Daniel Rubino and the blog post from Lumia Conversations have got me thinking about upgrade paths for current Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

Once and for all, I would really like for anyone with inside knowledge or a reliable source to let all of us with non-Lumia phones know for sure that we will have an upgrade path to Windows 10 once it is available. I understand that under the current system Microsoft cannot push OS/firmware updates directly to consumers outside of the carriers. Developer Preview and Insider are great initiatives, but to the best of my knowledge they are not final builds and do not support carrier specific features like Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile, which is still not available for my HTC One M8 and may never be. So I get that there will likely be a carrier delay in getting updates. Even the Icon still hasn't received Denim, but that's another issue. I just want to know for sure that modern partner devices like the M8 that clearly have the hardware will, eventually, get Windows 10?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
yes of course all devices running wp8.1 will get win10 regardless of their branding(I have no source to prove it though).It's like asking will all the HP laptops get windows 10 or only MS surface tablets?

Bullet25

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
My insider app on my M8 is saying I can join the fast or slow builds. I don't know if this is for the actual10TP or for the 8.1 update 2 like the 930's. Its the phone I use on a daily basis and I don't want to install the TP on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750