Win10 finally allow network share access from phone?

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
This feature is what the Windows on any device should have and it's a shame it is taking MS forever to figure one out. Once on local network, just add file and printer sharing. Bingo!

DracheMitch

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I think you're misunderstanding how OneDrive works.
And the point I was getting at is that there's no need to move the files at all...

I think YOU are misunderstanding how OneDrive works. It requires external network resources in an age of metred internet even for home broadband users, and the files must be stored on Microsoft's hardware, where at their will they can or can be forced ro allow a third party access.

Daedriel

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
If all you want to do is stream media via your homegroup, VLN works great, all you have to do is share the relevant folders to your homegroup (I'm using Win7 for this).

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think YOU are misunderstanding how OneDrive works.
I suspect not ;-)

It requires external network resources in an age of metred internet even for home broadband users
Yes, but that would also be the case if remotely accessing them over that same metred link.

, and the files must be stored on Microsoft's hardware,
yes. but there is the option to have that as not the only copy

where at their will they can or can be forced ro allow a third party access.
not an issue for most people. and MS fight fairly hard against those kind of things.

No real misunderstanding on cloud technologies.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I wonder whats their response when a business asks about network shares and their so called enterprise mobile OS, I guess nobody is asking

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99