The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-02-2015 06:42 AM
47 12
tools
    Can anyone tell me what are the system requirements
    01-31-2015 06:51 AM
    Well according to MS the first release will come after the Super Bowl. And that is Tomorrow Feb/1/2015. So the wait is not longer an "issue." I am looking forward for this. After I saw MS event I realized the Denim wasn't for me anymore, although it comes with great features W10 will be more robust and fun to use. So I am skipping Denim and waiting impatient for W10 for phone.
    01-31-2015 07:02 AM
    Wp10 is looking good. Looks to bring loads more features and it will only make Windows Phones stronger.
    01-31-2015 07:06 AM
    Can anyone tell me what are the system requirements
    that page is still down so no one knows that ...
    01-31-2015 07:25 AM
    After enjoying Win 10TP on laptops, in VMs and on a tablet for the past few months, I'm very much looking forward to it on my phone to finally test the rough edges! Not looking forward to the complainers though...
    second, third, fourth ... two-thousandth THAT

see this :
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...-my-phone.html #13
    01-31-2015 12:51 PM
    I am looking forward to W10 for my phone. I do hope that one of the features coming is the ability for the start screen to be rotate to landscape. There's a number of things I do in landscape mode and also have a case with a kickstand to set my phone down without holding it. Having to jump to the Start Screen and it being locked sideways isn't fun.

In regards to the worry of system specs, I have a 930 so I know I have nothing to worry about, but I doubt anybody else has anything to worry about either.

Think about it. Microsoft just released a number of low end models in the last few months. It makes no sense that they would release a bunch of 400/500/600 series phones for them to only become obsolete in just a couple of months when W10 is released.

Anybody with a brain at Microsoft would know what kind of backlash this would cause with those who just bought one of these phones.... A backlash they don't need right now especially when the cost would be the gains they made in the low end market.

And still, system requirement specs still need to be released for a number of reasons. For starters, other OEM's out there need to know what their phones will need to have in order to run W10.... And there have been a lot of OEM's out there who have released a lot of really poor and low end cheap phones for third world markets that run WP8.1.

In regards to Lumias, the worst case scenario is that some lower end models will have limited or restricted functions (ie: Only the Lumia 930 & 1520 get Hey Cortana in the latest 8.1 update)

The comments relating to how they will try and get W10 to as many Lumias as possible, that is more towards the older Lumias out there, not the lower end Lumias. Lumias with older hardware like say like the 810 or similar generation, which run Windows Phone 8/8.1 may not make the cut for W10, while the X20 series phones may make the cut.
    Last edited by Praxius; 01-31-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    01-31-2015 03:45 PM
    Well according to MS the first release will come after the Super Bowl.
    After Super Bowl might also be end of February, it still is after Super bowl, still February as promised.
    01-31-2015 05:40 PM
    I hope it's the first week of February! (Go Hawks!)
    01-31-2015 06:07 PM
    I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not part of the inside program however I'm excited to read everyone's comments.
    01-31-2015 06:47 PM
    From the little we saw of the phone UI there were a lot that i liked. The only thing i did not like was the start screen. I think tiles need to go in favor icons. Or make the home screen panoramic kind of like it is on the surface and the app list come up from the bottom. I think panoramic would be the answer to having multiple home screens.
    01-31-2015 07:37 PM
    Think about it. Microsoft just released a number of low end models in the last few months. It makes no sense that they would release a bunch of 400/500/600 series phones for them to only become obsolete in just a couple of months when W10 is released.
    You must be forgetting about the 900 fun. People upgrading to 3 yr plans just to see Microsoft dump the platform and the phones just a couple months after.

NNot saying they wont get it, just saying that of course they'd abandon them.
    01-31-2015 07:44 PM
    You must be forgetting about the 900 fun. People upgrading to 3 yr plans just to see Microsoft dump the platform and the phones just a couple months after.

NNot saying they wont get it, just saying that of course they'd abandon them.
    Well, MS had to abandon 900 because of some Kernal problem regarding to OS .. Now Windows 10 Using the same Kernal.. Some of devices may be left because of those carriers
    02-01-2015 03:55 AM
    AKA the Official Windows 10 Waiting Room Thread. Ok, I'm in.
    1. What I hope to see is a revamp of the control panel. Either sectioned into groups or at least alphabetized
    if you watched the Win10 announcement on January 21, it'll be changed into groups for Settings/Control Panel on phone
    02-01-2015 04:06 AM
    Well, MS had to abandon 900 because of some Kernal problem regarding to OS .. Now Windows 10 Using the same Kernal.. Some of devices may be left because of those carriers
    ....yes I know that. The question was "would they", not "why did they". And yes, yes they will abandon devices soon after launch.
    02-01-2015 04:24 PM
    Cant wait to try it. :)

Windows phone 10 is looking good. yeeahh...
    02-01-2015 10:23 PM
    Team up guys to raid Microsoft office to hit the secret release button.
    Boom windows 10 online =D
    02-01-2015 10:36 PM
    Team up guys to raid Microsoft office to hit the secret release button.
    Boom windows 10 online =D
    Well , You can force them on twitter :P
    02-02-2015 12:09 AM
    Well , You can force them on twitter :P
    It's of no use. They are deaf-dumb-blind in this regard. Either they won't reply at all or reply with same-old "SOON". I can't understand,why we have to wait for a superbowl NFL game to be completed for receiving the updates. Their attitude is making me angry. Wanna slap them for sure, if I meet them.
    02-02-2015 12:43 AM
    It's of no use. They are deaf-dumb-blind in this regard. Either they won't reply at all or reply with same-old "SOON". I can't understand,why we have to wait for a superbowl NFL game to be completed for receiving the updates. Their attitude is making me angry. Wanna slap them for sure, if I meet them.
    super bowl still going on ?? i thought they already finished it
    02-02-2015 12:55 AM
    You might be Wrong....
    I hope so! I've a 630 which I don't use and was planning to use that for the insider program. That way I could test W10 and keep 8.1 on my daily driver (930).....the best of both worlds 😊

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    stokes1510 likes this.
    02-02-2015 01:22 AM
    ....yes I know that. The question was "would they", not "why did they". And yes, yes they will abandon devices soon after launch.
    Yup, I got the Lumia 800 on a 2 year contract and a few months later the 810 came out with Windows 8 and my phone was stuck with 7.5, eventually 7.8.

But let's also keep in mind of the situation of the time where there was Microsoft making the OS and Nokia making the Hardware. Everything is under one roof these days (for the most part) and learning from past mistakes is something MS seems to be in a position to be doing recently.

Also with the news spreading about W10 working on the Raspberry Pi2 (and for free) it seems MS is doing their best to make W10 as compatible and optimized as possible.

Whether they are using W10 (PC) or W10 (Mobile) I don't know.... But if they are using the PC version, then one can assume the mobile version will be even more flexible with lower system specs.
    02-02-2015 06:38 AM
    Win10 won't be free - it'll be a free upgrade if you've already bought a valid licence for a qualifying version.
    02-02-2015 06:42 AM
47 12