Win10 for Phones Tech Preview... What device will you use

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So we have a rumour that the TP I due for imminent release but I wanted to know what device will others be testing it on?.. I have both a 1020(my dd) and a 920. I'll be installing it on my 1020 as I want to fully test the os for daily, constant real world use. I will have my 920 by my side fully charge incase shtf ;). So what about others?

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll be installing it on my 720. I don't care if I lose data because I'm planning on hard resetting it anyway.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting mix of responses with both 1GB+ and 512MB ram devices being mentioned. The real reason I started this thread was to get and idea of how many people would be installing the preview on lower end devices bcoz as we know there is a phone requirement message in the insider app. I'm hoping that this requirement is software or firmware as ms will do those that purchased the lower end devices a major disservice. Don't get me wrong, I understand development enough to know that its easier to hit better spec'd hardware first but still, they owe us enough to remove the ambiguity in that message.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Interesting mix of responses with both 1GB+ and 512MB ram devices being mentioned. The real reason I started this thread was to get and idea of how many people would be installing the preview on lower end devices bcoz as we know there is a phone requirement message in the insider app. I'm hoping that this requirement is software or firmware as ms will do those that purchased the lower end devices a major disservice. Don't get me wrong, I understand development enough to know that its easier to hit better spec'd hardware first but still, they owe us enough to remove the ambiguity in that message.

Well windows 10 for pc Runs on Older and less Power full Pcs, So we can expect the same for phone :)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Those of you considering installing it on non-Lumia devices, be sure you have a way back before pushing the button! (Lumia has the Recovery Tool, I'm not sure what methods exist for others such as Blu, Yezz or HTC)

I will be installing on a Lumia 920 and 520, and if neither of them blow up, my primary 1020.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've a spare 630.....don't trust putting it on my 930 when it first comes out....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb