02-08-2015 10:02 PM
45 12
tools
    I am not waiting for anything. I will be notified as soon as Windows 10 preview is available via the many feeds I am subscribed to. I will install it that very moment on my 1520. If there are bugs/issues, to hell with them! :D
    Vildmand likes this.
    02-03-2015 09:03 AM
    Rumors Makes Me more Excited !!!!! till now no official confirmation ??
    02-03-2015 09:16 AM
    Rumors Makes Me more Excited !!!!! till now no official confirmation ??
    The only thing official we know is a time frame between the superbowl (which was February, 1st) and Chinese new year (February, 19th).
    02-03-2015 09:18 AM
    The only reason, I am going to dive in the very second Windows Central notifies me of it, is Skype integration. I've been buying Windows Phones since 2010 with a hope that one day, I can have integrated Skype - video and chat just like iMessage. I don't want ugly universal apps that look like Android, I don't want anything to do with Xbox Music anymore. All I want is an awesome Skype experience and Microsoft will have my soul devoted for another 5 years at least (if they do it right!)

Also, I am going to do this on my daily driver, Lumia 930 phone just because I love living on the edge.
    sleeve22 and Nicholas Lovan like this.
    02-03-2015 09:30 AM
    The only thing official we know is a time frame between the superbowl (which was February, 1st) and Chinese new year (February, 19th).
    Who said anything about Chinese new year? I am sure February is 28 days, no? The way I look at it is - in less than 25 days, I will have it!
    02-03-2015 09:31 AM
    Who said anything about Chinese new year? I am sure February is 28 days, no? The way I look at it is - in less than 25 days, I will have it!
    I don't remember exactly, but I think it was Joe Belfiore on Twitter who said that.

[Edit]

Just checked. It was Joe Belfiore. But he was referring to Office Gemini on Windows Phone. Now let's speculate a bit more here. Are the Office apps on WP still core apps or can they be updated through the store? If it's the former, we can safely assume that there won't be any Office Gemini for WP 8.1. In this case it could very well be a hint at the Windows 10 tech preview. Pure speculation though. :)
    02-03-2015 09:33 AM
    I don't remember exactly, but I think it was Joe Belfiore on Twitter who said that.

[Edit]

Just checked. It was Joe Belfiore. But he was referring to Office Gemini on Windows Phone. Now let's speculate a bit more here. Are the Office apps on WP still core apps or can they be updated through the store? If it's the former, we can safely assume that there won't be any Office Gemini for WP 8.1. In this case it could very well be a hint at the Windows 10 tech preview. Pure speculation though. :)
    Exactly, Joe Mentioned New Office for WP will be out before Chinese New Year, This is the Only Official clue we Have, Hmm But the Problem is It Will Be anytime from now to Feb 19 .
    02-03-2015 09:46 AM
    Exactly, Joe Mentioned New Office for WP will be out before Chinese New Year, This is the Only Official clue we Have, Hmm But the Problem is It Will Be anytime from now to Feb 19 .
    I'm pretty sure he didn't say that and it doesn't seem feasible that a separate Office app will be released for WP8.x and still somehow fit in with the existing Office hub (which is baked into the OS).

As far as I understood it, he only said he'd talk about mobile office before Chinese New Year, which he did a few days ago at the Win 10 event.
    02-03-2015 09:57 AM
    Now that you mention it..
    Yes, Joe mentioned the new office on the chinese twitterish site weibo.com.
    And he also mentioned it will happen before the Chinese New Year.
    Does it mean they will talk about it or release it before that date, I don't know - but I'll take a guess and say it's a release.
    I expect TP for phones to arive eather on the 4th or like around the 15th.
    02-03-2015 10:04 AM
    As everyone seems to be figuring out, unless we have "betas" of Office, there won't be a Windows 10 on mobile devices. How windows 10 will handle accounts will be very different than it is now on Windows Phone 8.1. I would expect the real release to be the last week of February as Office will hit about the same time.
    02-03-2015 12:32 PM
    As everyone seems to be figuring out, unless we have "betas" of Office, there won't be a Windows 10 on mobile devices. How windows 10 will handle accounts will be very different than it is now on Windows Phone 8.1. I would expect the real release to be the last week of February as Office will hit about the same time.

It's also possible that the first preview build(s) will come without Office on them, so that's not necessarily an indicator.
    Why should Windows 10 handle accounts differently than WP 8.1 does? The desktop version doesn't.
    jjmurphy likes this.
    02-03-2015 12:57 PM
    It's also possible that the first preview build(s) will come without Office on them, so that's not necessarily an indicator.
    Why should Windows 10 handle accounts differently than WP 8.1 does? The desktop version doesn't.
    I stand corrected, you're right on the way it handles my email/contacts/etc. Not sure what I was thinking, I never open the modern mail app since I use outlook.

But I really don't think they would ship Windows 10 with the current mail/contacts/etc. I believe they won't put it out until the Outlook app is done at least. I'm not sure if Accompli was working on a Windows Version, if they were, it might go a lot quicker.
    02-03-2015 01:21 PM
    Shameless plug, but if you all want to know, I'll definitely tweet publicly when the new phone build is available (I'll be excited to see the feedback pour in!) so feel free to follow me. www.twitter.com/giffdev

but be warned I also post a lot about music and cat pictures, so it's not only Windows Technical Preview news ;)
    02-03-2015 01:37 PM
    Hell, why not? what's a few more cat pictures on my twitter stream?
    02-03-2015 01:38 PM
    Shameless plug, but if you all want to know, I'll definitely tweet publicly when the new phone build is available (I'll be excited to see the feedback pour in!) so feel free to follow me. www.twitter.com/giffdev

but be warned I also post a lot about music and cat pictures, so it's not only Windows Technical Preview news ;)
    Thank You Devin :) Umm I followed you already .. :P
    02-03-2015 10:06 PM
    Looks like the new Office beta is out... Windows 10 Phone preview soon? Hopefully!
    02-04-2015 03:47 PM
    Looks like the new Office beta is out... Windows 10 Phone preview soon? Hopefully!
    Well, not the full office. Still no Outlook, and I think that might be the big piece.
    02-06-2015 11:30 AM
    i think MS won't release the build at the end of the week... maybe Sunday evening...
    if something goes wrong it's better to have people in office than out for the weekend :)
    02-06-2015 11:39 AM
    What about what if something goes wrong its better consumer is at home near a pc to reflash old firmware instead of office where he would have a panic attack. 😋
    jjmurphy likes this.
    02-06-2015 11:46 AM
    I am killing my battery by checking so much. I might be a little obsessed.
    02-08-2015 10:02 PM
45 12