Windows 10 for Phones will be out TODAY!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the sales of blood pressure medication will drop today.

Now, who's going to put this on their daily driver? Certainly not me.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well so much about HTC 8S ever being supported. It clearly says on Microsoft's website "as long as they have at least 8 GB of storage".
But that is what I expected, and even if they never release it for this phone I won't be mad because when HTC decided to NOT update this phone, Microsoft pushed it all the way to 8.1.1. by themselves.

Win 10 I'll see you in 2 months when my contract is done and I get a new phone.:winktongue:

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
If windowscentral thought abouses Gabe and Belfore were getting in last few days were excessive, they are gonna be proven wrong by the angry horde of high end lumias. 😃

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If windowscentral thought abouses Gabe and Belfore were getting in last few days were excessive, they are gonna be proven wrong by the angry horde of high end lumias. ��

True considering I haven't gotten Denim and now no Win 10 lol. Apparently owning a low end/mid range device is becoming more beneficial.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Blog post regarding why high end devices were left out:

"Some context on why we chose these and not higher end phones like the 930/Icon or 1520: We have a feature that will be coming soon called “partition stitching” which will allow us to adjust the OS partition dynamically to create room for the install process to be able to update the OS in-place. Until this comes in, we needed devices which were configured by mobile operators with sufficiently sized OS partitions to allow the in-place upgrade, and many of the bigger phones have very tight OS partitions."

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well I guess as soon as I see somebody here confirm that the preview does indeed install on a AT&T L635 GoPhone, I'll be buying one at WalMart.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Blog post regarding why high end devices were left out:

"Some context on why we chose these and not higher end phones like the 930/Icon or 1520: We have a feature that will be coming soon called “partition stitching” which will allow us to adjust the OS partition dynamically to create room for the install process to be able to update the OS in-place. Until this comes in, we needed devices which were configured by mobile operators with sufficiently sized OS partitions to allow the in-place upgrade, and many of the bigger phones have very tight OS partitions."
Guess that explains why they specifically say "and Windows Phone 8.1 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase" as a requirement for this build.

midori.no

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Why, why, why......I'm so disappointed. If W10 runs on low-end lumias, why then not to be able to run on high-end devices. I think my lumia 1020 with it's 32 gb of storage and 2 GB of RAM is more than enough to be able to run it. Sometimes I think that the people in Microsoft have no idea what they are doing....

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why, why, why......I'm so disappointed. If W10 runs on low-end lumias, why then not to be able to run on high-end devices. I think my lumia 1020 with it's 32 gb of storage and 2 GB of RAM is more than enough to be able to run it. Sometimes I think that the people in Microsoft have no idea what they are doing....

Because they're busy implementing a feature that only high-end devices need to do an in-place install.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
So we've had the moaners (for not being on the list), now I'm waiting for the folks that are going to moan because their phones now don't work after the upgrade...

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad