Windows 10 for Phones will be out TODAY!

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well the list of supported phones is different on the Croatian website.
It says:
- HTC 8X
- HTC One M8
- Nokia and Microsoft phones that have:
* at least 8 GB of internal storage
* One SIM card slot (dual sim phones not supported)
supported phones.jpg

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, i am still a proud Windows Phone User. And i never moaned or had bad words about the process. But now, i am too at the Point where i can only say: I cant hear "soon" anymore. I CAN'T Believe why they havent first finished the Problem with this Partition stitching for the first wave. I am 100% sure that most of the real Windows Phone fans that will try this preview have the high-end phones like 1520 and 930. *sigh* i am also a big MS fan, but this combined with all the other things (doing more on Android and iOS) is really disappointing for a fan, and i could understand completely when some Folks are thinking of switching.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Known issues

?Messaging is currently missing a number of features you might use in Windows Phone 8.1, including dual-SIM support, search, message drafts, sharing voice notes and ringtones, Bi-Di language support, international assisted dialing, spam filter, viewing all group recipients, reminders and quiet hours through Cortana, multiple attachments, and GSM support. If you use these features regularly, you?ll want to wait to install the preview until we get them into a future build.

?Cortana is only available in English (United States) for phones. In other locales, you?ll get the standard search experience.

?The Rooms feature is not available in the preview. You?ll still be able to get to your photo albums, calendars, and notes, either on the web or by using other apps on your phone. You won?t be able to see your chat history or send or receive any new chats. If you have important info in your Rooms chats that you want to keep, save a copy to a different device before updating your phone to Technical Preview. For more info, take a look at the Rooms FAQ.

?Some text in the preview will not yet have been translated into all available languages and will only appear in English. This text will be translated into all available languages by the time the final product is available.

?The Phone app doesn?t have Dual SIM support or spam filtering in the preview.

?Accessibility features are still being developed for Windows 10, so they aren?t fully functional in Technical Preview. If you depend on features like Narrator while browsing the web, you may want to wait to update your phone

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
No excuse for them to tell high end owners before now that they'd have a longer wait. They knew they had more to do so why not say it? Why wait until release and say oops, sorry guys who've been waiting but we have extra work to do due to partitions?! Seriously, MS WP division sure finds ways to look dumb time after time

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, i am still a proud Windows Phone User. And i never moaned or had bad words about the process. But now, i am too at the Point where i can only say: I cant hear "soon" anymore. I CAN'T Believe why they havent first finished the Problem with this Partition stitching for the first wave. I am 100% sure that most of the real Windows Phone fans that will try this preview have the high-end phones like 1520 and 930. *sigh* i am also a big MS fan, but this combined with all the other things (doing more on Android and iOS) is really disappointing for a fan, and i could understand completely when some Folks are thinking of switching.

You nailed it. Most people WILL be trying out the preview on high end phones, and if they break or brick, then they have to hard reset it (if possible) or buy a new one (if they can't get it replaced). Sure, Microsoft is doing the cheaper phones first, but they are just that, cheap phones. I'd prefer to replace a cheap phone that may or may not be my main phone instead of replacing my $500+ phone because I joined a program that had alpha software and gave Microsoft a bad name for ruining my phone.

Sure, it sucks, but I understand where they're coming from.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well the list of supported phones is different on the Croatian website.
It says:
- HTC 8X
- HTC One M8
- Nokia and Microsoft phones that have:
* at least 8 GB of internal storage
* One SIM card slot (dual sim phones not supported)
View attachment 96712

i dont understand when lumia 730 is dual sim supported how is that then dual sim not supported?? does that mean my phone will work only o single sim??

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
If there a-holes didn't sit on the information of what phones the preview would be available for, people wouldn't be moaning. I don't blame the "moaners." This **** is ridiculous. Anyone who knew this info, and didn't let the poor people who went out and bought "high-end" devices for this know, is a c*nt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium