Windows 10 for Phones will be out TODAY!

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's fix for slow start screen: Just choose tetra lock screen as lock screen provider then lock your phone and you'll end up with buggy lock screen, than switch back to single photo lock screen and restart your phone. It worked for me, now I have smooth start screen :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
any 730 owner, please confirm if you can access both SIM cards (for making calls, sending messages and data connection) after installing W10.

In the list of Known Issues, it states clearly that it will not work with 2 SIM cards yet. That feature is not yet enabled. If you need 2 SIM cards, then you will need to wait before installing (until they get that fixed), or use a secondary phone to install the preview on.

EDIT: Scratch that. Official Microsoft known issues does not list that. That was from someone's post in the forums. They made it look like an official list, but it doesn't not match up with the Microsoft version. They won't even come forward with the source.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
In the list of Known Issues, it states clearly that it will not work with 2 SIM cards yet. That feature is not yet enabled. If you need 2 SIM cards, then you will need to wait before installing (until they get that fixed), or use a secondary phone to install the preview on.

EDIT: Scratch that. Official Microsoft known issues does not list that. That was from someone's post in the forums. They made it look like an official list, but it doesn't not match up with the Microsoft version. They won't even come forward with the source.

That's what I think. If MS does not list it, then it should not be an issue with 730. After all, 730 is a dual sim phone and MS can't take the risk of not allowing SIM2 to function with W10. They could have hold it for 730 like other high end phones. Still looking for someone to confirm ;-)

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
@9112Fisher
Can you make tiles completely transparent and how they look like without background?

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

No, you can only add background, there's nothing like we currently have with windows phone 8.1. Without background tiles are colored with accent color, nothing new. Also I noticed that accent colors are not actually correct, they are much darker.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No, you can only add background, there's nothing like we currently have with windows phone 8.1. Without background tiles are colored with accent color, nothing new. Also I noticed that accent colors are not actually correct, they are much darker.

That's a lie. I have Windows 10 installed and my background is exactly like it is on 8.1. I have a picture covering just the tiles and behind it is a completely black theme.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude, change your background and you'll be fine. That's how I got it to work

What? Lol I like how it was in 8.1. Why would I change my background if I like it as is? I was replying to the person stating that you can't have it like how it is in 8.1 and can only have the picture behind the tiles.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That's a lie. I have Windows 10 installed and my background is exactly like it is on 8.1. I have a picture covering just the tiles and behind it is a completely black theme.

I'm not trying to lie, be nice! I didn't see any options to do that in setting. Where can I find it?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to lie, be nice! I didn't see any options to do that in setting. Where can I find it?

My bad. Didn't mean to sound harsh.

To answer your question... Idk to be honest. It just worked for me. I didn't have to do anything, it was just like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion