Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Answer to 'debates' regarding windows 10 for phones

Hello guys,
I've just found out that MS is testing a built of windows 10 for phones on phones of selected users, and bcoz MS is testing the built, it shouldn't be as bugy as we thought earlier. And it 'COULD' be safe to install it our phones.... But again I don't know the reliability of source, but if it is....its good..... What's say guys???

Here's the link of it....... Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 being seeded to select testers - Neowin

If this is true, it's strange how the OS version still starts with "8" for "8.15..." for Windows "10". Windows phone "7 was "7.10"... but again it's only a supposed "preview".

There will be bugs; the disclaimer and official statements explicitly state this. Hence, there's always a chance of ruining one's phone. Let's say that that chance is only 0.01%. This means that out of 10,000 testers there should be at least one who would have to suffer. Now it's up to the user and his or her audacity to jump in and hope that he or she won't be that unlucky "one".:angel:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but Internal testing is kinda reliable news isn't it ?

It's pretty obvious that this would happen. Testing would incrementally grow from a very small core of users. As with Windows TP, early builds to insiders still have the capability not to work at all in the way you want it to. There's always a chance that downloading a build may prevent you from making phone calls, texting, or something else vital. Like the WC front page article says, you should assume that any or all of your most used apps just won't work.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Ill just wait for other impatient people to test it for me and if majority say its safe and apps are working then I am jumping the band wagon.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Answer to 'debates' regarding windows 10 for phones

If this is true, it's strange how the OS version still starts with "8" for "8.15..." for Windows "10". Windows phone "7 was "7.10"... but again it's only a supposed "preview".

There will be bugs; the disclaimer and official statements explicitly state this. Hence, there's always a chance of ruining one's phone. Let's say that that chance is only 0.01%. This means that out of 10,000 testers there should be at least one who would have to suffer. Now it's up to the user and his or her audacity to jump in and hope that he or she won't be that unlucky "one".:angel:

Your desktop build also has 9xxx build number right now. They are preview version so they are not really Windows (Phone) 10 or Windows build 10xxx

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,
I've just found out that MS is testing a built of windows 10 for phones on phones of selected users, and bcoz MS is testing the built, it shouldn't be as bugy as we thought earlier. And it 'COULD' be safe to install it our phones.... But again I don't know the reliability of source, but if it is....its good..... What's say guys???

Here's the link of it....... Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 being seeded to select testers - Neowin
Yea...also heard about it on many blogs that I am subscribed too...but the thing that strikes is is the build number starts with 8.15....lets see...technical preview is comming soon....then...lets hope for the best 👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon