Windows 10 tester phone for Verizon

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

I have the Icon on Verizon. Obviously I dont want to risk my only device on trial software, so I was thinking of buying a cheaper windows phone to load it on. Can anyone tell me of a cheap phone I can put my Verizon Sim card into and have It work? I don't care if I lose 4g LTE while using it, I just want to be able to switch back and forth and give windows 10 a try.

Thanks

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If you just wanted to give the os a go, you could always just get a 520 for $20 if they're still that cheap? The network wouldn't matter as you'd be able to use all features barring calls and messaging.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a phone that works on Verizon network for Calls, text and data. I just dont care if it is 4G or only 2G. But I do want a phone that works on the go.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Probabl6 the 822 would be your best bet. It just received the Denim upgrade and is still a decent phone. It would be a good test bed for the W10 experiment.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you have a ICON, you might want to find a phone that uses a NANO SIM (like the ICON) or you have to use adapters (not always dependable)... Something to keep in mind....

Out of the Verizon models, that if you want to stay close to the ICON as possible, I would say the 928 but, don't believe it uses a Nano SIM, a larger sim, so an adapter would work..

Check ebay or swappa for a used one, I bet you could get one for sub $100 and it will give you LTE, etc...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Buying a new phone just for the sake of testin a beta OS?
I'd never do such a thing.
But if you really want to do it, why not just check the Verizon website (if you want to buy a phone from Verizon).
And if you're only looking for a cheap phone, try some of the low-end ones. 435, 530 or 630, it depends on how much low are you willing to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium