First Screenshots of Windows 10 for phones

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
We still do not know the date when the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones will be hitting Windows Insiders, but someone tweeted pictures of what looks to be WP 10 preview.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Source: First screen shots of Windows 10 technical Preview for Phones in the wild - WMPoweruser

that first one of system controls reminds me of TouchWiz from android 4.1.x a few years ago.

then the second one came along and oh, hello, cyanogenmod quick settings (notification pulldown) from cm9 or cm10 days.

the colors are just about exactly the same too. guess microsoft has invested both monetarily and figuratively with cyanogenmod.

​that's interesting, thanks for the screen shots !

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
rock on Win 10......i got my phone fully charged,and a cold one by the side jus to pass time as the update does its thing....and a nyc comfy lazy chair to wait on

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It can't be that bad. It is beta, but it has passed Microsoft's internal testing so it MOST PROBABLY won't brick your device or make it unable to do basic things such as calls/texts.
App crashes and incompitability is expected of course.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The phone may be the only thing that works properly but a majority of your apps will probably force close a lot and some will never open with this preview. I can just see the hundreds of posts playing hating Windows Phone X Technical Preview for that alone. Mods will be all hands on deck.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The phone may be the only thing that works properly but a majority of your apps will probably force close a lot and some will never open with this preview. I can just see the hundreds of posts playing hating Windows Phone X Technical Preview for that alone. Mods will be all hands on deck.

Trust me, we are well prepared for this ;)
It is the story on this forum after every single update. This one though, will definitely will be a difficult one. But then again we are hoping the community will be understanding and helpful so we won't have to "clean" things, probably just move them around if needed.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I personally think that before releasing the update, they will release its video.

Well, May be but its not the case regarding windows 10 TP , they released a video after the release of preview,

So we can't tell or guess anything about it, its all about MS of course

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
that first one of system controls reminds me of TouchWiz from android 4.1.x a few years ago.

then the second one came along and oh, hello, cyanogenmod quick settings (notification pulldown) from cm9 or cm10 days.

the colors are just about exactly the same too. guess microsoft has invested both monetarily and figuratively with cyanogenmod.

​that's interesting, thanks for the screen shots !
You do realise that the colour is because the accent colour is blue right? Right?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Trust me, we are well prepared for this ;)
It is the story on this forum after every single update. This one though, will definitely will be a difficult one. But then again we are hoping the community will be understanding and helpful so we won't have to "clean" things, probably just move them around if needed.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. For the first time we're getting official articles on WCentral and other tech blogs telling users ahead of time and specifically:

There. Will. Be. Bugs!

It's the same message everywhere, implying some degree of coordination. IOW, this time MS is doing some expectations management behind the scenes. Great!

This is very different from the last go around, where people had very different views and expectations about the PfD program and the importance of firmware.

The only thing I'm still missing is a front page article explaining how nobody installing W10M should expect to get by without doing a hard reset, and anyone posting without having done that fist deserves ten rounds of mockery :)

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't think Microsoft would release windows 10 like this if it could brick your phone. Looking forward for this release :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786