04-09-2015 04:10 AM
277 1234 ...
tools
    You're not alone!!I like it too!
    Even I like it too. It's pretty nice
    02-05-2015 07:03 AM
    By the way, couldn't understand one thing, what's so android like in Windows 10? I don't find any similarity
    02-05-2015 07:06 AM
    rock on Win 10......i got my phone fully charged,and a cold one by the side jus to pass time as the update does its thing....and a nyc comfy lazy chair to wait on
    agrawaladitya192 likes this.
    02-05-2015 07:09 AM
    Attachment 95766

Advised NOT TO install on daily driver. It is buggy.
    Unfortunately that warning is going to fall on plenty of deaf ears ...
    02-05-2015 07:32 AM
    It can't be that bad. It is beta, but it has passed Microsoft's internal testing so it MOST PROBABLY won't brick your device or make it unable to do basic things such as calls/texts.
    App crashes and incompitability is expected of course.
    02-05-2015 08:18 AM
    how dd he get the update,didi they send him email,or the win insider program alerted him....?
    02-05-2015 08:25 AM
    Am I the only one who loves the look of Windows 10 ? :P
    Nope.
    02-05-2015 08:26 AM
    The phone may be the only thing that works properly but a majority of your apps will probably force close a lot and some will never open with this preview. I can just see the hundreds of posts playing hating Windows Phone X Technical Preview for that alone. Mods will be all hands on deck.
    02-05-2015 08:29 AM
    Sadly that guy copying information and rumors from other, even he doesn't know anything, Dont believe him people he is saying this for 3 days !!
    02-05-2015 08:29 AM
    The phone may be the only thing that works properly but a majority of your apps will probably force close a lot and some will never open with this preview. I can just see the hundreds of posts playing hating Windows Phone X Technical Preview for that alone. Mods will be all hands on deck.
    Trust me, we are well prepared for this ;)
    It is the story on this forum after every single update. This one though, will definitely will be a difficult one. But then again we are hoping the community will be understanding and helpful so we won't have to "clean" things, probably just move them around if needed.
    a5cent, TechFreak1, Jazmac and 2 others like this.
    02-05-2015 08:33 AM
    I personally think that before releasing the update, they will release its video.
    02-05-2015 08:39 AM
    I personally think that before releasing the update, they will release its video.
    Well, May be but its not the case regarding windows 10 TP , they released a video after the release of preview,

So we can't tell or guess anything about it, its all about MS of course
    02-05-2015 08:45 AM
    that first one of system controls reminds me of TouchWiz from android 4.1.x a few years ago.

then the second one came along and oh, hello, cyanogenmod quick settings (notification pulldown) from cm9 or cm10 days.

the colors are just about exactly the same too. guess microsoft has invested both monetarily and figuratively with cyanogenmod.

​that's interesting, thanks for the screen shots !
    You do realise that the colour is because the accent colour is blue right? Right?
    a5cent likes this.
    02-05-2015 09:03 AM
    Trust me, we are well prepared for this ;)
    It is the story on this forum after every single update. This one though, will definitely will be a difficult one. But then again we are hoping the community will be understanding and helpful so we won't have to "clean" things, probably just move them around if needed.
    I'm actually looking forward to this one. For the first time we're getting official articles on WCentral and other tech blogs telling users ahead of time and specifically:

There. Will. Be. Bugs!

It's the same message everywhere, implying some degree of coordination. IOW, this time MS is doing some expectations management behind the scenes. Great!

This is very different from the last go around, where people had very different views and expectations about the PfD program and the importance of firmware.

The only thing I'm still missing is a front page article explaining how nobody installing W10M should expect to get by without doing a hard reset, and anyone posting without having done that fist deserves ten rounds of mockery :-)
    sahib lopez and rockstarzzz like this.
    02-05-2015 09:08 AM
    Don't think Microsoft would release windows 10 like this if it could brick your phone. Looking forward for this release :D
    Jazmac and arjan wolthuis like this.
    02-05-2015 09:18 AM
    the colors are just about exactly the same too. guess microsoft has invested both monetarily and figuratively with cyanogenmod.
    LOL wat

this is acccent color
    Blackadder_100 likes this.
    02-05-2015 09:18 AM
    Don't think Microsoft would release windows 10 like this if it could brick your phone. Looking forward for this release :D

It probably won't. Still, you shouldn't be completely surprised if it does, or screws up one or more of a million other things. We've experienced such issues even with final software (bitlocker issue) so why should software with considerably less testing be safer? Implying we won't have to deal with bricked devices, even if it works out that way, isn't the right position to take right now.

Most of all, if you install it, don't come crawling back to WCentral complaining about bugs and stability issues or start blaming MS. You installed very early pre-release software. If you can't deal with the fallout, don't do it. Your fault. That's the only message that needs to be broadcast right now.
    02-05-2015 10:21 AM
    What really bugs me is, with wp10 you have to either sacrifice a slot to have "All Settings" accessible directly from the action center, or you have it hidden and you need to reveal it with an extra tap.

I know it's a small thing, but they add up to reduce the overall usability and accessibility of the OS. It's more setback than comeback if you ask me. I hope MS proves me wrong when wp10 is fully baked.
    02-05-2015 11:33 AM
    It probably won't. Still, you shouldn't be completely surprised if it does, or screws up one or more of a million other things. We've experienced such issues even with final software (bitlocker issue) so why should software with considerably less testing be safer? Implying we won't have to deal with bricked devices, even if it works out that way, isn't the right position to take right now.

Most of all, if you install it, don't come crawling back to WCentral complaining about bugs and stability issues or start blaming MS. You installed very early pre-release software. If you can't deal with the fallout, don't do it. Your fault. That's the only message that needs to be broadcast right now.

Even writing this in bold all capital letters won't stop the ****storm of complaints and whine threads from breaking lose. I take any bet. ;)
    02-05-2015 11:39 AM
    Even writing this in bold all capital letters won't stop the storm of complaints and whine threads from breaking lose. I take any bet. ;)
    No way I'll take that bet. ;-) Still, this is very different from other times where expectations were not set at all. I think there will be a difference. The question is how much of one we'll see.
    02-05-2015 11:59 AM
    I leaked those pics and there are many new features that you guys gona see ;)
    And beta is not that buggy but still its a preview so expect some bugs :)
    02-05-2015 12:13 PM
    When preview available for public
    02-05-2015 12:16 PM
    For example?
    Tell us aat least one feature beyond the ones seen in conference.
    faisalbaba likes this.
    02-05-2015 12:21 PM
    I can see it now.. A ton of folks gonna install this on their main daily driver and then flood the forum with complaints.. lol
    02-05-2015 12:25 PM
    Sooo you have preview on your phone ;)
    02-05-2015 12:33 PM
277 1234 ...