First Screenshots of Windows 10 for phones

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't think Microsoft would release windows 10 like this if it could brick your phone. Looking forward for this release :D

It probably won't. Still, you shouldn't be completely surprised if it does, or screws up one or more of a million other things. We've experienced such issues even with final software (bitlocker issue) so why should software with considerably less testing be safer? Implying we won't have to deal with bricked devices, even if it works out that way, isn't the right position to take right now.

Most of all, if you install it, don't come crawling back to WCentral complaining about bugs and stability issues or start blaming MS. You installed very early pre-release software. If you can't deal with the fallout, don't do it. Your fault. That's the only message that needs to be broadcast right now.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What really bugs me is, with wp10 you have to either sacrifice a slot to have "All Settings" accessible directly from the action center, or you have it hidden and you need to reveal it with an extra tap.

I know it's a small thing, but they add up to reduce the overall usability and accessibility of the OS. It's more setback than comeback if you ask me. I hope MS proves me wrong when wp10 is fully baked.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It probably won't. Still, you shouldn't be completely surprised if it does, or screws up one or more of a million other things. We've experienced such issues even with final software (bitlocker issue) so why should software with considerably less testing be safer? Implying we won't have to deal with bricked devices, even if it works out that way, isn't the right position to take right now.

Most of all, if you install it, don't come crawling back to WCentral complaining about bugs and stability issues or start blaming MS. You installed very early pre-release software. If you can't deal with the fallout, don't do it. Your fault. That's the only message that needs to be broadcast right now.

Even writing this in bold all capital letters won't stop the ****storm of complaints and whine threads from breaking lose. I take any bet. ;)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Even writing this in bold all capital letters won't stop the storm of complaints and whine threads from breaking lose. I take any bet. ;)

No way I'll take that bet. ;-) Still, this is very different from other times where expectations were not set at all. I think there will be a difference. The question is how much of one we'll see.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I leaked those pics and there are many new features that you guys gona see ;)
And beta is not that buggy but still its a preview so expect some bugs :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a one guestion. Will whatsapp and other messages apps work with new notification features in preview

Unless they update their apps to make use of this feature, most likely not. But we'll be able to tell once the preview has been released to the broader public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire