First Screenshots of Windows 10 for phones

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Developers don't even have access to the new W10 SDK's yet. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

That's nothing new. This preview is not about what apps can do, but what the OS. And it's there to help shape its future. Once al things are set, there'll certainly be an early release of the SDK. Which in regards to Whatsapp doesn't mean much, as they haven't even made use of the people hub integration that was introduced with the very first iteration of WP 8.1. So I doubt they'll ever support those actionable notifications anyways.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Yup. Exactly. Agree with everything except that there will "certainly be an early release of the SDK". I hope there will be, but I don't think that's certain. It didn't happen last time either.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can see it now.. A ton of folks gonna install this on their main daily driver and then flood the forum with complaints.. lol

If its anything close to early builds of W10, I will install it day 1. I installed W10 on my daily PC and laptop and don't regret it even one time. Got all my stuff on multiple clouds and .exe of all software on a separate partition in case I need a reset, ever.

With phone even easier. NOTHING is non backed up. If I do need to roll back on my daily driver, its all in the cloud. If they do brick my daily driver, I will blame myself.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What really bugs me is, with wp10 you have to either sacrifice a slot to have "All Settings" accessible directly from the action center, or you have it hidden and you need to reveal it with an extra tap.

I know it's a small thing, but they add up to reduce the overall usability and accessibility of the OS. It's more setback than comeback if you ask me. I hope MS proves me wrong when wp10 is fully baked.

I'm thinking the same. I really liked the "All settings" button, it worked out great for me. And now they took it away.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
These images are photo shopped.. They're identical to what was shown in the presentation except the update screen where Russell Wilson's name is spelt wrong.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Tom warren Tweeted

Tom Warren @tomwarren ? 9h 9 hours ago
I'm gonna predict Windows 10 for phones is next week, but last time I was informed that it dropped on a Friday. Fingers crossed @GabeAul

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Tom warren Tweeted

Tom Warren @tomwarren ? 9h 9 hours ago
I'm gonna predict Windows 10 for phones is next week, but last time I was informed that it dropped on a Friday. Fingers crossed @GabeAul

Not clearly mmentioned that which Friday is this.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not clearly mmentioned that which Friday is this.

Last time he was told on a Friday that "Windows 10 new preview build for PC will come next week" and then it came out on the very same Friday. So what he means here is that today he is being told "next week" but it may just come in today (VERY UNLIKELY!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea