Lumia software recovery tool updated to support windows 10 tech preview

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys it seems LSRT also got an update to support windows 10 technical preview,

Which means ????

Well, We are near the release,

Heads up with your thoughts !!:cool:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is this support to install windows 10 technical preview on phone or to roll back to 8.1 from preview?? #never used LSRT

Roll back.
So if you are planning to get the windows 10 preview on your phone I suggest you first learn how to use LSRT

And you will roll back to the last official software released for your phone.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is this support to install windows 10 technical preview on phone or to roll back to 8.1 from preview?? #never used LSRT
LSRT lets you "re-flash" the current Firmware and OS available for your Lumia phone. It will not install preview software; it will let you "roll back" to the current approved Firmware and OS versions.

If you install Windows 10 Preview, and want to revert to Win 8 (or 8.1, depending on your phone) LSRT does this for you. . .

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
LSRT now merrily updated to 5.0.5; interestingly enough it even installed an updated USB driver. It's still snarky about using certain USB cables though. Oh well. Looking forward to playing Crash Test Dummy :winktongue:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if installing this will update enough of the backend to fix the Nokia Care Suite I use on occasion for flashing non-approved ROMs. The Data Package Manager hangs at the splash screen since installing 9926.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Kumar, but that has nothing to do with this subject.

I found a workaround to the problem with Package Manager. Launch Task Manager and restart Explorer.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also remember to use the usb cable supplied with your Lumia as it does appear to be a factory cable, I have tried so many usb cables to reflash and only the nokia supplied cable works without fail every time. Otherwise your left fumbling trying to get the phone to boot in the flash mode:winktongue:.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos