Developer Preview vs Technical Preview programs, what's the difference?

oranje

May 2, 2013
Visit site
We know that there are two different apps, I initially thought that the Technical Preview for Windows 10 (phones) was replacing the older Developer Preview program. A recent article on here indicated that the technical preview will be much more Beta than the developer preview. Will there be a developer preview version of Windows 10 or is that program terminated completely?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Developer Preview was a way to access the complete, final update before the public.

The Technical Preview is a way to access the unfinished, still-needing-work software before the public.
My thinking is that the Insider program will eclipse the Developer Preview when we get close to the public launch, since it'll be more finished.

MS is just letting us average joes get in on the action much earlier in development.

EricMarsi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I see the dev preview going away with their integration with the One store thing. as per having a slow and a fast build on phones, slow being near final builds and fast being needing testing. heck even though there may be high, medium and slow. IDK :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett