Does the Lumia phone warranty expire after installing Windows 10 preview?

tarry_in

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 preview with Lumia Phone warranty!!!

HI,

does Lumia Phone warranty will expired after installing windows 10 Previews in Lumia Phone??

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 preview with Lumia Phone warranty!!!

You could void your warranty if installing the Windows 10 preview "bricks" your phone. My understanding is that this risk is minimized greatly because if you have a Nokia you can always revert to the last approved operating system.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Indeed.. There are terms you need to accept which in a nutshell state that if the Preview (Alpha/Beta Stage) of the OS breaks your phone, don't go crying to Microsoft about it, expecting them to replace your phone free of charge... Because they won't.

The Technical Preview is like those places where you see signs that state "Enter At Your Own Risk."

Or when you decide to swim at a beach outside of the regular season where there are no lifeguards on duty. You swim at your own risk and if you drown you can't sue the local council.... Because you're already dead.

Anyways, installing the Tech / Insider Preview is not for everyone because there can and will be bugs that range from minor to serious that can lead to things such as certain apps or features not working or even making your phone not even able to boot. The chances of having your phone bricked are pretty low as MS would no doubt test as much as possible before releasing to make sure that didn't happen but there is always a chance. Generally, if MS finds their build can brick phones, they won't release it until it is resolved, or at least restrict the release to the phones they know will be fine. I know so far while using the Technical Preview of 8.1 and W10 for my PC and Notebook, I have had no serious issues. A couple of minor bugs and a bit of lag but nothing to worry about.

And if you do put it on a phone that is on a plan with a phone company, if anything goes wrong with your phone, any warranty you had on that phone is no doubt void.

But from my experience so far, the people at the phone companies know crap all towards Windows Phones (the 20 year olds seem to only know Androids and iPhones) that they probably wouldn't know if you had W10 or WP7.5

Seriously when I got my 930 the girl didn't even know how to turn it on. She kept pressing the Camera Button all confused then handed it to me to sort it out.

tarry_in

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

thanks bro for yr honest feedback,
brand new 1520 with cost 670 $ and risk of beta version!!!
I think its better to wait for Denim upgrade..:winktongue:

1rexington

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes it does! I just made that mistake. It wasn't clear about affecting the warranty and, like an *****, I did it against my better judgement. I have a lumia 1520 that I love, when it works. It is the buggiest phone I have ever had. Windows 10 didn't mess it up and it didn't help either. Because I installed it though my warranty is voided and I am stuck with a phone that doesn't work very well. In two weeks I am making the switch to iphone. I don't want to, but I need a working phone. Be careful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12