Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones Tipped to Release Monday

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones Tipped to Release Monday | NDTV Gadgets

The Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones is expected to be released for consumers by late February; though a new report suggests that it might release on Monday "if no major bugs are found". Additionally, more leaked screenshots from the Windows 10 for phones have popped on the Web while Microsoft's Joe Belfiore has confirmed that the company is also working on a lite-version of Windows 10 for phones with 512MB of RAM.
Nokiapoweruser has received an anonymous tip from a source that claims Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones on Monday. The emailed tip notes, "Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (8.15.12495.44) will be released on Monday, February 9 at 9am PST (10:30pm IST)."

If the rumour turns out to be true, we might see the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones made available to download on Monday ahead of its expected release for members of Windows Insider Program.

The sources added, "This build is currently being tested by Microsoft employees and if no major bugs are found it will be released for Windows Insiders on Monday morning. Not all the phones will get the first preview build, but more phones will be supported in the upcoming updates."

Ever since Microsoft announced Windows 10 for phones, consumers have been raising questions whether the update would be released for the company's entry-level Windows Phone smartphones packing just 512MB of RAM. Joe Belfiore, Microsoft's Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group putting aside all speculations confirmed in a tweet on Sunday that the company is working on Windows 10 for phones with 512MB of RAM sans some features.

Unfortunately, Belfiore did not talk about the features that will not make it to the entry-level Windows Phone handsets. In another tweet, he confirmed that timing of the release for various phones will differ.

Microsoft's Engineering General Manager, Gabriel Aul, who is also a member of the Windows Insider Program for Windows 10, again gave out some more details about the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones. Aul revealed that phones with 512MB RAM will also receive the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones.

.... A bit more on above link.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So many leaks, so many rumors.. If it really came out today: DAMN COOL! And if not. Hell, it's only a matter of days now anyways, so what? ;)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, rumour rumour rumour...

Joe tweeted yesterday that the phone TP will be released after testing has completed.

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/status/564537739849109504

"Also, we're on track for Insider build coming "in Feb" as Terry said at our 1/21 event. We need to complete internal testing 1st, hang in!"

I'm not really holding my breath it's even going to be this week. Personally, I think that's a good thing. I don't want to spend the reast of the week telling people how to use NSRT.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Joe tweeted yesterday that the phone TP will be released after testing has completed.

"Also, we're on track for Insider build coming "in Feb" as Terry said at our 1/21 event. We need to complete internal testing 1st, hang in!"

I'm not really holding my breath it's even going to be this week. Personally, I think that's a good thing. I don't want to spend the reast of the week telling people how to use NSRT.

Just do what I did. Prepare a how to - post in word and have it ready to copy and paste it whenever needed. ;)

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

If I perceive his tweet in this way it would be somewhat like this
This could also mean testing was done for first batch phones (Hopefully 920,925,1020,1520,1320,930 and some 1GB Ram devices) that receive Windows10 and for the next batch devices testing will be completed some time this month......So the last word Hang in may apply to next wave of devices to receive windows 10 :)
It may be today or before 19th I think so ( Hey guess ! )

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
If I perceive his tweet in this way it would be somewhat like this
This could also mean testing was done for first batch phones (Hopefully 920,925,1020,1520,1320,930 and some 1GB Ram devices) that receive Windows10 and for the next batch devices testing will be completed some time this month......So the last word Hang in may apply to next wave of devices to receive windows 10 :)
It may be today or before 19th I think so ( Hey guess ! )
Before 19th isn't certain. IDK why people are setting the 19th as a hard limit.
Anyway, yeah we at WMPU (hi DKP1977) also got the tip, but we decided it wasn't worth pubbing. It'll be out when its out ;)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
. IDK why people are setting the 19th as a hard limit.

People are expecting the release to be made on or before the Chinese New Year (which is on the 19th). I think this theory has come about because Joe told us months ago that he's talk about Windows 10 for phones before Chinese New Year. He's done that, but people are still expecting Windows 10 for Phones TP before CNY.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
People are expecting the release to be made on or before the Chinese New Year (which is on the 19th). I think this theory has come about because Joe told us months ago that he's talk about Windows 10 for phones before Chinese New Year. He's done that, but people are still expecting Windows 10 for Phones TP before CNY.

No no.. I was the first one to confuse that. Joe Belfiore said he was going to talk about Office Touch for WP before Chinese New Year. He mentioned that on Weibo (or what it's called, I don't know) just a couple of days before the Windows 10 event on January, 21st. That's what's making me - and presumably others - think that there's a correlation between February, 19th (Chinese New Year) and the latest date for a first TP release of Win 10 for mobile devices. He wouldn't have referred to a date so much later than the Windows 10 event, when he knew for sure he was going to talk about it on said event anyways. He could've just referred to the Superbowl for example. This leads me to believe that "there's more". :) Speculation though.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
But anyway lets get this through this day and see for ourselves if there's an update and if not lets hope Windows 10 soon in February :)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
No no.. I was the first one to confuse that. Joe Belfiore said he was going to talk about Office Touch for WP before Chinese New Year. He mentioned that on Weibo (or what it's called, I don't know) just a couple of days before the Windows 10 event on January, 21st. That's what's making me - and presumably others - think that there's a correlation between February, 19th (Chinese New Year) and the latest date for a first TP release of Win 10 for mobile devices. He wouldn't have referred to a date so much later than the Windows 10 event, when he knew for sure he was going to talk about it on said event anyways. He could've just referred to the Superbowl for example. This leads me to believe that "there's more". :) Speculation though.

He posted that round the New Year, addressed to China, so maybe he was smart enough not to use "universal" milestones such as the SuperBowl :D

As it was New Year and addressed to Chinese people, he naturally used the CNY as a deadline. First preview of Office is now out for W10; only the "chinese-specific" features are to be announced.

Speculation, speculation ^^

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Need a proof? Here you go:

It's February, 9th 2015. Which sums up to 2 + 9 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 5. Equals 19. 1 + 9 is 10. Following the same pattern Microsoft used for the event on January, 21st. Or at least a very similar one. Come on, proof enough, right? ;)

Nah, kidding. It's gonna come when it's gonna come. Until then we continue to play the waiting game. As usual.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I just found the OP link in my Cortana feed and figured it seemed to at least have some substance than the 4th which had no backing at all.

Still, it's a rumor from an unnamed source and hearsay x2.... It will be out when it is out of course, but also still plausible. While it wasn't too long ago that they said they were still testing, that still doesn't say whether or not it will be a few more days, weeks or today.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the truth is that microsoft want to be able to produce something as good as possible within the timescale, so I think it'll be later rather than sooner. It seems likely they'll push out the best build they have at that point.

Ishan Bhaduri

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What I remember hearing was that it will come the week after SuperBowl in the Jan 21 event, technically is already gone. Now every day it doesn't release is same as in the article saying if major bugs found. NDTV article is just fanning an already dying expectation.

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
need a proof? Here you go:

It's february, 9th 2015. Which sums up to 2 + 9 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 5. Equals 19. 1 + 9 is 10. Following the same pattern microsoft used for the event on january, 21st. Or at least a very similar one. Come on, proof enough, right? ;)

nah, kidding. It's gonna come when it's gonna come. Until then we continue to play the waiting game. As usual.

half-life 3, confirmed.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I remember hearing was that it will come the week after SuperBowl in the Jan 21 event, technically is already gone. Now every day it doesn't release is same as in the article saying if major bugs found. NDTV article is just fanning an already dying expectation.

That's an incorrect assumption. The release date was "in February, after the Seahawks win the Superbowl". Anyone who said it was the week after was just plain wrong or rumourmongering.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
That's an incorrect assumption. The release date was "in February, after the Seahawks win the Superbowl". Anyone who said it was the week after was just plain wrong or rumourmongering.

Word of the day: "rumourmongering."

I'll add that one right next to my beloved "Globalwarmongers."

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, if people are going to speculate....

Since the seahawks lost the superbowl, maybe Cortana meant the next one in 2016?

After all she has correctly predicted quite a few sporting outcomes, furthermore the next one in 2016 is going to the 50th anniversary of the Superbowl sooo why not release preview with a bang at the seahawks celebration party :winktongue::winktongue:.

Joking aside, people need to be patient as there is well over two weeks left to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium