Vertical tiles on W10M: I am not a fan, hbu?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or do vertical tiles look stupid? Like I have seen that photo and I was just like...no.

It just looks ugly to me. I really can't see the use for those types of tiles. Thank goodness they are optional.

edit: Lol apparently you can't discuss things without it being taken out of context so I made sure to remove the meh out of the title lol.

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: Vertical tiles on W10M look...meh

See, I for one like 'em. Even though they will only work for a hand full of apps (the MS core ones) until the SDK is released and devs start making use of it. If they do that is.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm just trying to picture a screen full of verticle tiles and it is like..ugh lmao.

Someone did say windows phone were like Tetris now lol.

I don't even use folders since I find them to be ugly as well.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm just trying to picture a screen full of verticle tiles and it is like..ugh lmao.

Someone did say windows phone were like Tetris now lol.

I don't even use folders since I find them to be ugly as well.

Each to his own. ;) I had the Tetris thoughts too, I must admit. :) I couldn't imagine a homescreen that's made entirely from a single variation of tiles, but what I actually CAN imagine is that a combination of all available sizes might look gorgeous. But again, each to his own.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Vertical tiles on W10M look...meh

The vertical tile will have its uses for small, multiple bits of data, so that makes sense. My concern is there being too many sizes and having to hit that toggle button too much actually.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Ehm. No. Never. It had square tiles and a double wide, hence horizontal tile. Not a vertical one.

​Ah, I thought something different was meant. xD

​I had just read a complaint about how we have vertical scrolling in Windows 10, and my sleep addled brain messed this one up big time.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Each to his own. ;) I had the Tetris thoughts too, I must admit. :) I couldn't imagine a homescreen that's made entirely from a single variation of tiles, but what I actually CAN imagine is that a combination of all available sizes might look gorgeous. But again, each to his own.
When you say just a single variation do you mean like just having tiles of one size? Because that's me haha. All are the standard squares lol.

Though I am going to set up my phone to be more organized lol

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me or do vertical tiles look stupid?

It's just you.

I welcome it and since it's likely to be just that, an option, you don't have to use it. I'd also like to see the return of the full width tile. The vertical tile is a logical addition since you scroll the tiles up and down, what's not to like?

MohitKJain

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Well, I share the same feeling. But, more the options, better it is for the OS. Cause, I am not the world, and maybe I don't like it, but there maybe some who would absolutely love it. :)

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The vertical tile will have its uses for small, multiple bits of data, so that makes sense. My concern is there being too many sizes and having to hit that toggle button too much actually.

I never thought about that, but maybe they could make it so that a UI pops up when you push the resize button. It would show all the different sizes and you tap one. That could work, instead of having to tap over and over.

Last edited:

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

You stated yourself that its optional so why the negative post about something you have complete control over? At the end of the day its all subjective. So much hate for a product that isn't even out yet. #hatersgonnahate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers