02-11-2015 07:40 PM
47 12
tools
    Is it just me or do vertical tiles look stupid? Like I have seen that photo and I was just like...no.

It just looks ugly to me. I really can't see the use for those types of tiles. Thank goodness they are optional.

edit: Lol apparently you can't discuss things without it being taken out of context so I made sure to remove the meh out of the title lol.
    Last edited by Superboy Micah; 02-10-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    steve_w_7, jjag520 and Kram Sacul like this.
    02-09-2015 08:09 AM
    See, I for one like 'em. Even though they will only work for a hand full of apps (the MS core ones) until the SDK is released and devs start making use of it. If they do that is.
    xandros9, sumton, arjunan and 2 others like this.
    02-09-2015 08:10 AM
    Its a good thing its optional then :)
    02-09-2015 08:14 AM
    I'm just trying to picture a screen full of verticle tiles and it is like..ugh lmao.

Someone did say windows phone were like Tetris now lol.

I don't even use folders since I find them to be ugly as well.
    02-09-2015 08:19 AM
    I'm just trying to picture a screen full of verticle tiles and it is like..ugh lmao.

Each to his own. ;) I had the Tetris thoughts too, I must admit. :) I couldn't imagine a homescreen that's made entirely from a single variation of tiles, but what I actually CAN imagine is that a combination of all available sizes might look gorgeous. But again, each to his own.
    xandros9 and sumton like this.
    02-09-2015 08:23 AM

Tetris?
    I need an L-shaped tile!
    ;) :D
    02-09-2015 08:26 AM

​WP always had vertical tiles, though.
    02-09-2015 09:29 AM
    I always wanted vertical tile!
    sumton likes this.
    02-09-2015 09:31 AM
    ​WP always had vertical tiles, though.
    Ehm. No. Never. It had square tiles and a double wide, hence horizontal tile. Not a vertical one.
    02-09-2015 11:49 AM
    The vertical tile will have its uses for small, multiple bits of data, so that makes sense. My concern is there being too many sizes and having to hit that toggle button too much actually.
    02-09-2015 12:09 PM
    Ehm. No. Never. It had square tiles and a double wide, hence horizontal tile. Not a vertical one.
    ​Ah, I thought something different was meant. xD

​I had just read a complaint about how we have vertical scrolling in Windows 10, and my sleep addled brain messed this one up big time.
    02-09-2015 12:27 PM
    ​Ah, I thought something different was meant. xD

​I had just read a complaint about how we have vertical scrolling in Windows 10, and my sleep addled brain messed this one up big time.

Haha. Here's a coffee 🍵
    TechFreak1, F3rzz and xandros9 like this.
    02-09-2015 12:28 PM
    Vertial Tiles are design for interactive Live tile. You should research more.
    sumton likes this.
    02-09-2015 01:10 PM
    Each to his own. ;) I had the Tetris thoughts too, I must admit. :) I couldn't imagine a homescreen that's made entirely from a single variation of tiles, but what I actually CAN imagine is that a combination of all available sizes might look gorgeous. But again, each to his own.
    When you say just a single variation do you mean like just having tiles of one size? Because that's me haha. All are the standard squares lol.

Though I am going to set up my phone to be more organized lol
    02-10-2015 12:17 AM
    I like it.
    sumton likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:38 AM
    Is it just me or do vertical tiles look stupid?
    It's just you.

I welcome it and since it's likely to be just that, an option, you don't have to use it. I'd also like to see the return of the full width tile. The vertical tile is a logical addition since you scroll the tiles up and down, what's not to like?
    sumton likes this.
    02-10-2015 08:21 AM
    Well, I share the same feeling. But, more the options, better it is for the OS. Cause, I am not the world, and maybe I don't like it, but there maybe some who would absolutely love it. :)
    02-10-2015 08:45 AM
    The vertical tile will have its uses for small, multiple bits of data, so that makes sense. My concern is there being too many sizes and having to hit that toggle button too much actually.
    I never thought about that, but maybe they could make it so that a UI pops up when you push the resize button. It would show all the different sizes and you tap one. That could work, instead of having to tap over and over.
    Last edited by Nicholas Maguire; 02-10-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-10-2015 08:50 AM
    It probably makes sense for tiles like calendar, hourly weather, selected stock quotes, etc.
    02-10-2015 08:57 AM
    You stated yourself that its optional so why the negative post about something you have complete control over? At the end of the day its all subjective. So much hate for a product that isn't even out yet. #hatersgonnahate
    sumton likes this.
    02-10-2015 08:57 AM
    You stated yourself that its optional so why the negative post about something you have complete control over? At the end of the day its all subjective. So much hate for a product that isn't even out yet. #hatersgonnahate
    Lmao okay lets take the passive aggressiveness down a notch Taylor swift. There was no hate and the post wasn't meant to be negative. It's one opinion and I wanted to see what the thoughts of the rest of the community...since you know this is a discussion forum and people tend to discuss ideas :)

Lmfao. I'm actually quite excited for windows 10 so no hate from one of the is biggest cheerleaders
    02-10-2015 09:44 AM
    Finally a vertical tile where I can get more then one or two calendar entries to show up! :)
    sumton likes this.
    02-10-2015 10:18 AM
    I wouldn't mind a vertical tile that could have the phone, and sms shortcuts on a single tile. That could be pretty cool.
    sumton likes this.
    02-10-2015 11:11 AM
    It's always annoying when people go on rants about OPTIONAL features. It's one thing if it's being forced on you, but when you don't have to use it if you don't like it --- what's the purpose of complaining. I for one like it and feel that there should be even more tile sizes allowed with the newer 3 column layout. A two 'small tiles' sized horizontal tile is one I've been wanting.
    sumton and F3rzz like this.
    02-10-2015 12:06 PM
    It's always annoying when people go on rants about OPTIONAL features. It's one thing if it's being forced on you, but when you don't have to use it if you don't like it --- what's the purpose of complaining. I for one like it and feel that there should be even more tile sizes allowed with the newer 3 column layout. A two 'small tiles' sized horizontal tile is one I've been wanting.
    He wasn't ranting, he simply stated his opinion. I found the OP completely reasonable.
    02-10-2015 12:19 PM
47 12