02-18-2015 05:38 PM
176 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Good thing that one is working. :).
    02-13-2015 04:43 AM
    I don't know why, but Sonic Dash actually loads faster and crashes less. Think about it. A PREVIEW, filled with unfinished features and bugs, runs a high power game BETTER than a finished OS.
    02-13-2015 05:06 AM
    Also, anyone figure out how to put a tile in a folder?
    02-13-2015 05:19 AM
    Also, anyone figure out how to put a tile in a folder?

Like this ?
    karmacoma likes this.
    02-13-2015 05:22 AM
    Yes, but whenever I try, the folder moves, and when I keep the folder open, it closes
    02-13-2015 05:27 AM
    Yes, but whenever I try, the folder moves, and when I keep the folder open, it closes

Do you have denim or preview for developers 8.1.1 ? Its required
    02-13-2015 05:29 AM
    this is bull****! Joe belfiore did the video demo with a lumia 1520!!i've had enough of this! i buy A HIGH END PHONE AND IM ALWAYS LEFT TO LAST
    SWITCHING BACK TO HTC ANDROID.
    Android handsets can stall to give updates but its alright bcoz Android aready is offering all options, while windows need to offer them BAD!
    I LOVE MY 1520 BUT THATS IT!
    Wow, you need to chill. Yes, Joe did the Win10 demo on a 1520 and that was probably a presentation decision since it would be easier to show things on a larger screen. He's also privy to internal builds and the reason that high-end phones are not initially included is explained in detail on the blog. Announcing the first build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones

Most likely, Joe's phone was updated direct from a PC whereby they could push the partition changes whilst the partition(s) were unmounted. This is not an easy thing to solve OTA.
    02-13-2015 05:37 AM
    Wow, you need to chill. Yes, Joe did the Win10 demo on a 1520 and that was probably a presentation decision since it would be easier to show things on a larger screen. He's also privy to internal builds and the reason that high-end phones are not initially included is explained in detail on the blog. Announcing the first build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones

Most likely, Joe's phone was updated direct from a PC whereby they could push the partition changes whilst the partition(s) were unmounted. This is not an easy thing to solve OTA.

Agreed, cry babies gonna cry. Anyone that says they are jumping ship because of something so lame that has been clearly explained is immature and isn't going to listen to reason guys so let's just not give them the the satisfaction and be the bigger people.
    02-13-2015 05:44 AM
    Do you have denim or preview for developers 8.1.1 ? Its required
    I have folders, I have problems placing tiles in existing folders
    02-13-2015 06:03 AM
    I have folders, I have problems placing tiles in existing folders

I had 8.1.1 pfd installed prior to 10, all my existing live folders remained and I can make new folders and add and take away from current folders
    tim tebb1 and someone2639 like this.
    02-13-2015 06:06 AM
    I had 8.1.1 pfd installed prior to 10, all my existing live folders remained and I can make new folders and add and take away from current folders
    Slow or fast ring?
    02-13-2015 06:19 AM
    Slow or fast ring?

I chose fast, I was originally going to choose slow, because stabilitybwas appealing to me but from what I read everything i needed was stable enough. Plus you can always switch fast or slow anytime by opening the insider app again
    02-13-2015 06:21 AM
    I chose fast, I was originally going to choose slow, because stabilitybwas appealing to me but from what I read everything i needed was stable enough. Plus you can always switch fast or slow anytime by opening the insider app again
    This is weird. Did you have Denim before the preview?
    02-13-2015 06:28 AM
    This is weird. Did you have Denim before the preview?

Actually, this is where it gets stranger.

I'm aware of the bug where I says I have denim when pfd is unchecked and cyan when it's checked.

But I have denim features folders and such but when I updated to 10 tech preview it Said welcome to Cyan. But in the extras and info, now just called extras the Lumia firmware identifier is blank but when I click the info button (i in a circle) it gives me info for denim lol
    Tech King likes this.
    02-13-2015 06:31 AM
    So my official answer is I not really sure ? I think 😖
    Tech King likes this.
    02-13-2015 06:33 AM
    What's the music app like?
    Same old Xbox Music app

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    02-13-2015 06:53 AM
    Some people have reported that this is missing. Try doing a soft reset.

02-13-2015 06:54 AM
    Some people have reported that this is missing. Try doing a soft reset.

Yea I've reset and restarted, nadda
    02-13-2015 06:55 AM
    I've been trying to upload photos but It crashes every time right now, I expected bugs its all good. But im loving true extra large tiles and new tile sizes
    F3rzz likes this.
    02-13-2015 07:14 AM
    this is bull****! Joe belfiore did the video demo with a lumia 1520!!i've had enough of this! i buy A HIGH END PHONE AND IM ALWAYS LEFT TO LAST
    SWITCHING BACK TO HTC ANDROID.
    Android handsets can stall to give updates but its alright bcoz Android aready is offering all options, while windows need to offer them BAD!
    I LOVE MY 1520 BUT THATS IT!
    Bye then. wave.gif

Seriously - why are people acting so selfish? I don't get it. This isn't the finished product, in fact it's nowhere near the finished product. This is just a Technical PREVIEW. It's not even Preview for Developers. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better for Microsoft to have just waited until PfD, and release little nuggets of information during the process. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally am glad they've not released the TP for all phones currently. So what if JB was using a 1520 to show off W10 on phones? He's privy to internal builds that have probably been updated via a PC and as such isn't having the 'partition stitching' problem that caused the 1520/930 to miss out on the first preview.

Jeez...everyone is making me so mad on forums everywhere with their whining for not having the first version of a technical preview. Now I find myself whining about people whining! Sit tight and wait. It won't be long until you get to try it out on your device.

Rant over...where's the coffee??
    Jazmac, aximtreo and portalfocus like this.
    02-13-2015 07:15 AM
    Bye then. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wave.gif 
Views:	121 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	96884

Seriously - why are people acting so selfish? I don't get it. This isn't the finished product, in fact it's nowhere near the finished product. This is just a Technical PREVIEW. It's not even Preview for Developers. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better for Microsoft to have just waited until PfD, and release little nuggets of information during the process. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally am glad they've not released the TP for all phones currently. So what if JB was using a 1520 to show off W10 on phones? He's privy to internal builds that have probably been updated via a PC and as such isn't having the 'partition stitching' problem that caused the 1520/930 to miss out on the first preview.

Jeez...everyone is making me so mad on forums everywhere with their whining for not having the first version of a technical preview. Now I find myself whining about people whining! Sit tight and wait. It won't be long until you get to try it out on your device.

Rant over...where's the coffee??

Coffees in my Disney store 20 dollar Darth Vader mug 😎

There's tones of bugs but nothing game breaking, just annoying
    02-13-2015 07:18 AM
    Actually, this is where it gets stranger.

I'm aware of the bug where I says I have denim when pfd is unchecked and cyan when it's checked.

But I have denim features folders and such but when I updated to 10 tech preview it Said welcome to Cyan. But in the extras and info, now just called extras the Lumia firmware identifier is blank but when I click the info button (i in a circle) it gives me info for denim lol
    Exactly the same on my 635.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    02-13-2015 08:08 AM
    Everyone angry/confused about why higher end devices aren't currently supported, think about it; the Lumia 63x, 730, 830 are MUCH more recent phones, and were probably designed with an update to Windows 10 in mind. They probably planned ahead for those handsets, which made them easier to get the preview on sooner.

The 1520 and 930/Icon are both at least a year and a month old in design, predating even Windows Phone 8.1. It's going to take more work to get the preview onto them safely. I'm sure they could probably get it on there sooner, but it would probably require flashing the device, which is a risky process (don't quote me on this though, since my technical knowledge of how the Win10 preview works is like, super crazy limited).
    aximtreo and portalfocus like this.
    02-13-2015 08:08 AM
    Everyone angry/confused about why higher end devices aren't currently supported, think about it; the Lumia 63x, 730, 830 are MUCH more recent phones, and were probably designed with an update to Windows 10 in mind. They probably planned ahead for those handsets, which made them easier to get the preview on sooner.

The 1520 and 930/Icon are both at least a year and a month old in design, predating even Windows Phone 8.1. It's going to take more work to get the preview onto them safely. I'm sure they could probably get it on there sooner, but it would probably require flashing the device, which is a risky process (don't quote me on this though, since my technical knowledge of how the Win10 preview works is like, super crazy limited).
    Not everyone. Just the usual folks that think the world owes them.
    02-13-2015 08:47 AM
    There are crybabies, and there are also uppity d-bags who are now acting like iphone users. ...now before someone decides to call me jealous...save it. I am super jelly! lol
    geoghotas likes this.
    02-13-2015 10:43 AM
176 ... 34567 ...