I love it

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Wait.. so.. what actually is there? in de preview?
it still uses the old app for mail and calendar? Are there really things missing to use it as a daily drive?

enjoyfebruary

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What do the Start Screen options look like? From the screenshots not wild about the new background image look. Can we make it look like WP8.1 with the image "inside" the tiles?

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just put it on the 830 (AT&T). It took a LONG time. (Like more than an hour-this is why they tell you to plug it in.) But everything seems to work just fine. All my apps are there, the start screen is the same (with a few new icons), all my docs, contacts, texts, pics, bookmarks, are all there.

Things I've checked out so far:
  • Double-tap to wake-good
  • wireless charging via Nokia DT-900-good
  • Texting-good
  • IE-good (and snappy)
  • Office-good
  • Spotify-good
  • OneDrive-good
  • Maps-good (traffic works)
  • Email-good (Exchange and Yahoo)
  • Calendar-good

New Stuff:

• New Cortana screen. Looks nice. I'll have to explore some of the features. Also has a new large tile, which is cool, though the live tile doesn't seem to be updating with news stories. Maybe a setting?
  • New pictures app. Much nicer.
  • Settings menu. Looks nice, lots to explore.
  • Keyboard. Much nicer, though the little pointer thingie doesn't seem all that useful.

Issues:

• Had to re-enter wifi password
  • Tetra lockscreen buggy (won't update Bing photo, lock screen appears after start screen. Might just disable it.)
  • Got weird messages about updating downloaded maps.

None of these things is a big deal. The phone works, and I like the update. Thanks, MS!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786