I love it

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Dusted off my 635 just for this purpose. I have to say, after the whole process, I'm NOT hating it at all. For 512MB of RAM and the S400, it's running fairly smoothly. The new Music App isn't there, so xbox music is like it was when 8.1 was first released (cue war flashbacks). In setting the background, your tiles become actually transparent while there's an image sitting in the background, the accent color stays but becomes less opaque. I thought I'd hate it but it actually looks pretty good. One problem is that for both lockscreen and background images, there's no way to adjust how you want it to fit, you just have to take it as is, so good luck if you have a full fledged wallpaper you want to crop.

Also, the default camera app is kinda nice. Still playing around with everything but those are my thoughts so far.

Yadiel Johnson

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I managed to install the technical preview on my Lumia 635. Not hating it, but this processor is running a little hot. Like really, really hot. It's been like that since I installed it. Even when I was installing it, actually. I typed this with the new keyboard function. It's pretty awesome.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Dusted off my 635 just for this purpose. I have to say, after the whole process, I'm NOT hating it at all. For 512MB of RAM and the S400, it's running fairly smoothly. The new Music App isn't there, so xbox music is like it was when 8.1 was first released (cue war flashbacks). In setting the background, your tiles become actually transparent while there's an image sitting in the background, the accent color stays but becomes less opaque. I thought I'd hate it but it actually looks pretty good. One problem is that for both lockscreen and background images, there's no way to adjust how you want it to fit, you just have to take it as is, so good luck if you have a full fledged wallpaper you want to crop.

Also, the default camera app is kinda nice. Still playing around with everything but those are my thoughts so far.

FINALLY someone who describes a 512 RAM device. Do you think it would be necessary to hard reset before the update? I have a 521 (I know its not out yet for us).

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Ms lumia 1520 yet not!!!!!!!! Should we high end users drop the phones...

LOL,

This thread tells me there are either a lot of brave people putting a beta MS OS on their phone, or lots of people have multiple phones and WP is not their main phone. Reading through this thread makes me think you're lucky it hasn't come out for your 1520 yet.

Anyways IMO the real test of 10 on mobile will be on how it helps get more high profile apps. So far the pictures I've seen of the UI in this first TP isn't going to sway anyone to switch from iOS or Android. If they manage to get devs to build universal apps and keep them up to date then they may have a shot.

Last edited:

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope, same ones.

Oh jeez, that is disheartening. I really hope with all the syncretism going on between big and mobile SKUs, we'll get something similar to the win8.1 options. I expected this preview to have something like this:

Untitled.png

Here's hoping they'll finally give us more than those ridiculous 16 options. I'm tired of using stupid cobalt and want options for nicer deep blues.

Rfrocha

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 1520, the developer's preview and I try to update it but no newer version is offered; it says it's up-to-date. It's the W10 preview still not available for certain models?

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 1520, the developer's preview and I try to update it but no newer version is offered; it says it's up-to-date. It's the W10 preview still not available for certain models?

Yep, ironically its not available for 1520 and other high ends

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion