I love it

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Bye then. View attachment 96884

Seriously - why are people acting so selfish? I don't get it. This isn't the finished product, in fact it's nowhere near the finished product. This is just a Technical PREVIEW. It's not even Preview for Developers. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better for Microsoft to have just waited until PfD, and release little nuggets of information during the process. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally am glad they've not released the TP for all phones currently. So what if JB was using a 1520 to show off W10 on phones? He's privy to internal builds that have probably been updated via a PC and as such isn't having the 'partition stitching' problem that caused the 1520/930 to miss out on the first preview.

Jeez...everyone is making me so mad on forums everywhere with their whining for not having the first version of a technical preview. Now I find myself whining about people whining! Sit tight and wait. It won't be long until you get to try it out on your device.

Rant over...where's the coffee??

Coffees in my Disney store 20 dollar Darth Vader mug 😎

There's tones of bugs but nothing game breaking, just annoying

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, this is where it gets stranger.

I'm aware of the bug where I says I have denim when pfd is unchecked and cyan when it's checked.

But I have denim features folders and such but when I updated to 10 tech preview it Said welcome to Cyan. But in the extras and info, now just called extras the Lumia firmware identifier is blank but when I click the info button (i in a circle) it gives me info for denim lol
Exactly the same on my 635.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Everyone angry/confused about why higher end devices aren't currently supported, think about it; the Lumia 63x, 730, 830 are MUCH more recent phones, and were probably designed with an update to Windows 10 in mind. They probably planned ahead for those handsets, which made them easier to get the preview on sooner.

The 1520 and 930/Icon are both at least a year and a month old in design, predating even Windows Phone 8.1. It's going to take more work to get the preview onto them safely. I'm sure they could probably get it on there sooner, but it would probably require flashing the device, which is a risky process (don't quote me on this though, since my technical knowledge of how the Win10 preview works is like, super crazy limited).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Everyone angry/confused about why higher end devices aren't currently supported, think about it; the Lumia 63x, 730, 830 are MUCH more recent phones, and were probably designed with an update to Windows 10 in mind. They probably planned ahead for those handsets, which made them easier to get the preview on sooner.

The 1520 and 930/Icon are both at least a year and a month old in design, predating even Windows Phone 8.1. It's going to take more work to get the preview onto them safely. I'm sure they could probably get it on there sooner, but it would probably require flashing the device, which is a risky process (don't quote me on this though, since my technical knowledge of how the Win10 preview works is like, super crazy limited).

Not everyone. Just the usual folks that think the world owes them.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
There are crybabies, and there are also uppity d-bags who are now acting like iphone users. ...now before someone decides to call me jealous...save it. I am super jelly! lol

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Pro tip: Use an accent color lighter than your background color. I'm using a wintery background, with a cyan accent, so my tiles look like ice!

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
c1ec1cca3454f9243ea4f212855d658d.png

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think High end phone users like myself ( 1020 ), need to calm down, take a deep breath, count to 10 and then......

Think for 1 second!!!!
If MS had pushed out a TP with a known problem, and some new devices bricked, how mad would you be then?????

I for one can wait till the finished version is rolled out. I will view the TP from youtube until then.

It's not often I walk into a store and drop almost $1000 in cash, but for the 1020 with Camera Grip and Smoke Case + a few added extras I did.
So buying my Phone outright, then Unlocking it via 3rd party so I could run it on Wind, I want to protect my investment!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with 8.1 on a Highend device, it's all stable and it all works well !!! Why do I want to risk buggy apps and maybe harm to a well run machine.....just so I can brag I have the next OS already??

In time the top phones will have the TP as well, but let MS get the bugs out first, so no one has to start a post and rant of how MS bricked a device.

By the way love all the pictures !!!!! Keep up the good news posts !!!!!!

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
SOme hacked the windows 10 phone for unsupported devices to install but i dont want to install it?

If it is your primary device I won't suggest you to hack.
If you have some spare device like mine (L520) I would suggest you if you don't mind in testing it.
I installed it on my L520 everything is working good for me except I'm not able to use mobile data .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077