03-03-2015 09:09 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    I am just jealous about others who got!! Will wait for my 920.
    geoghotas likes this.
    02-13-2015 09:01 AM
    Why not just wait as there's got to be a good reason why it hasn't been released to all windows phones including non-Lumia phones
    02-13-2015 09:02 AM
    I use a 920 and a 1520 as my developer phones and yes, I was pretty disappointed to not get the preview on either of them, but I understand the reason behind it. What I do not understand is that MSFT did not communicate more clearly and set expectations right. For me it is really not about flagship or no flagship, I have the 1520 as developer device, so I can test on the larger screen. I might get a 635 as an additional developer phone, if the 920 should not get the preview soon.
    From a user perspective, it is what it is. The releases to more phones will come when they are ready.
    What MSFT needs to learn is that open previews target a large group of users and that expectations are different than in a closed beta for just a few selected. Communication is key and I hope that going forward they will stop with hyping things up and then disappoint a good portion of users and instead provide more or less solid roadmaps for future builds and make it clear what will come to which device.
    02-13-2015 09:11 AM
    You might want to re-read the reason for why other phones don't have the update yet. If you use this hack and you run out of space on the install partition, then you run a good risk of bricking the phone. Just wait for the official update, it's the safest way.
    02-13-2015 09:33 AM
    You might want to re-read the reason for why other phones don't have the update yet. If you use this hack and you run out of space on the install partition, then you run a good risk of bricking the phone. Just wait for the official update, it's the safest way.
    I think what's implied by the story, although it doesn't say it outright, is that there may be a way to load Win10M TP onto any phone that has an SD card slot through a file(s) on the SD card. If that's the case, then that bypasses needing the partition stitched or resized to fit the install file(s) in it.

But Win10M is itself a preview, and hacking a phone to load a preview, knowing there could be risks...I'm with you on that one. Let's just wait. I predict that we see the preview either Monday or Tuesday of next week.
    02-13-2015 10:23 AM
    *Commenting for future discussion..
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-13-2015 10:29 AM
    Waiting for my 928. I'll install it as soon as I can. It's currently not my daily driver so I'll gladly take it, bugs and all.

This initial version didn't even have the new Outlook or Calendar client, did it? I'm not really missing anything yet. Love watching the videos though.
    02-13-2015 10:44 AM
    I'm surprised the 520 wasn't on their list of phones in the first batch.
    02-13-2015 10:48 AM
    I still dont have denim on my HK variant :(
    02-13-2015 11:04 AM
    Anyone having USB connection issues with the 1020? I can't install the win10 preview because I might not be able to roll back.
    02-13-2015 11:09 AM
    I have a 1020, 920, 520 and was expecting at least one of them to be eligible.

No problem waiting for those, meanwhile I got a 635 on order from Amazon.
    02-13-2015 11:23 AM
    I have a 1520 and I'm not putting tech preview software on my daily driver phone. I've read reports of way too many things that are broken, unfinished or otherwise problematic in the tech preview. I love being on the latest tech, but that's too much functionality and stability to lose. Maybe when it reaches the dev preview stage (by //Build in May?) I'll put it on the big guy, but in the meantime I'm buying a cheap 635 to play with the tech preview.
    02-13-2015 11:47 AM
    On my 1020 Waiting for "Denim".Oh Wait I have PFD.
    *changelog
    now waiting for Windows 10.

Looks like we will be only waiting :D

Just to kill sometime, I wonder if there was a time when no info got leaked from MS and bang everyone got an update? in short no hinting no waiting no whining in the forums?
    02-13-2015 12:50 PM
    I use a 920 and a 1520 as my developer phones and yes, I was pretty disappointed to not get the preview on either of them, but I understand the reason behind it. What I do not understand is that MSFT did not communicate more clearly and set expectations right. For me it is really not about flagship or no flagship, I have the 1520 as developer device, so I can test on the larger screen. I might get a 635 as an additional developer phone, if the 920 should not get the preview soon.
    From a user perspective, it is what it is. The releases to more phones will come when they are ready.
    What MSFT needs to learn is that open previews target a large group of users and that expectations are different than in a closed beta for just a few selected. Communication is key and I hope that going forward they will stop with hyping things up and then disappoint a good portion of users and instead provide more or less solid roadmaps for future builds and make it clear what will come to which device.
    When MS said one OS all devices, doesnt it make it easier for the developers to use the PC or laptop much bigger screen and same OS? Just a thought, I am not a developer and no nothing about it. Is there any Logic behind my thinking?
    Cheers

P.s I agree that MS did Hype this s#1t up then disappointed a lot of them. I think they rushed it through without much internal testing! I wonder if it was a move to keep them more relevant in the trending discussions around the world or they might loose the audience.
    02-13-2015 12:57 PM
    When MS said one OS all devices, doesnt it make it easier for the developers to use the PC or laptop much bigger screen and same OS? Just a thought, I am not a developer and no nothing about it. Is there any Logic behind my thinking?
    Cheers

P.s I agree that MS did Hype this s#1t up then disappointed a lot of them. I think they rushed it through without much internal testing! I wonder if it was a move to keep them more relevant in the trending discussions around the world or they might loose the audience.
    We are part of the internal testing... This is the process to make sure everything runs perfectly. Welcome to the world of software and OS's.

It's not to keep relevance, people liked being on the Developer Preview, even if they're not developers (I'm part of that group). So now we're despite into the OS progression, meaning if the OS doesn't do well from here on out, it's on all of us. :P

Do your best when you get the update!
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    02-13-2015 01:03 PM
    1520 here and waiting...kinda glad it didn't come out for mine yet. I would have installed it right away and would not be happy.

will be waiting for as long as I need to. My phone is amazing so why complain??? Win 8.1 is just outstanding and does everything plus a TON that I want it to do. All this really rude complaining and I wonder if the people on windows central are all kids or is this how us adults act now?
    02-13-2015 01:04 PM
    We are part of the internal testing... This is the process to make sure everything runs perfectly. Welcome to the world of software and OS's.
    never denied that> Just saying that if it was internally tested with few 1000 devices why release when it is not ready for everyone?
    Loosing audience?
    02-13-2015 01:07 PM
    No need to think that Microsoft will be any different from Google as they announced a unified platform but with variations, this is just another way to say come get your food from a different cook. Great marketing strategy to try selling their latest devices just for the preview/. Just get the build when it becomes available. Nothing here to drool about.
    02-13-2015 01:19 PM
    No need to think that Microsoft will be any different from Google as they announced a unified platform but with variations, this is just another way to say come get your food from a different cook. Great marketing strategy to try selling their latest devices just for the preview/. Just get the build when it becomes available. Nothing here to drool about.
    Google? What unified platform? Sure you can run android apps on chromebooks but the rest of their platform is a fragmentation disaster
    02-13-2015 01:42 PM
    Cheers

Windows 10 will indeed make it easier for developers, since you can develop shared code once and use it across devices. The user interface components will still have to be written for each device class, since you cannot simply design a UI for a phone and then just "blow it up" to desktop size. So developers will still have to test on several different devices wo make sure the UI work well and looks good across the spectrum.
    TechFreak1 and Skamath like this.
    02-13-2015 01:59 PM
    What is the reason people should buy a WP en what has Windows 10 what makes the divice special?
    02-13-2015 03:53 PM
    What is the reason people should buy a WP en what has Windows 10 what makes the divice special?
    Several reasons (but personal preference determine if it is a "good" reason.)
    Cheaper than a iphone.
    No bloadware like android.
    No viruses (same as iphone)
    Old phone is also a windows phone.
    Can live with the apps windows phone has.

It still may takes at least 6 months before windows 10 will be released but first features can be seen already now.
    So "hard" to tell why windows 10 makes a phone special because it is also personal.
    And android and IOS also will get updates.

02-13-2015 05:15 PM
    You should add the 929/ICON to the list, Honestly, I figured the 930 and the 1520 would be the very first to get it (including the ICON) because they are the current flagship WP devices. man, that is disappointing that the lower end models got it but, the flagship ones got left out in the cold.

I'm used to it, I am a Verizon customer, crap, I didn't officially have Cyan till 2 days ago...

I'm sure we will get it soon, even if so, it will have a roll back feature, so if it that works, I am cool with it...I will put it on my primary phone
    02-13-2015 06:54 PM
    Still waiting for the Denim update for my HK variant 1520. I was excited for the technical preview but since this is my daily driver, I don't want to risk anything. And I do agree, the experience becomes different in Windows 10. Lets hope that the final release is much better than this. I don't think there will be noticeable change but who knows, anything is possible. TP will release for high end phones a while, I will look for reviews and if its better I might have a go with it but I definitely want the Denim update asap.
    02-13-2015 09:51 PM
    I have 635 no waiting!....apart from Denim :(
    02-13-2015 09:58 PM
130 1234 ...