Agreed Waiting Room For 1520,1020,930 etc! are you waiting.???

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was starting to get bored and eagerly wanted something to change, technical preview seemed to do it. But now its sad 😢 for me. I understand the reasons, not ranting or anything. In the last few months I have tried different lock screen apps, start screen apps, to change the feel. Now no more options. In the past they had wp8, started to get bored got. Wp8.1 and then 8.1.1 so the boredom never kicked in. But now it is there. Thankfully my 1020 keeps me busy with its camera 📷.
Wish something like windows on pc customization could come on phones. I have gone through several skin packs, software for desktop customization for the past few years and really have enjoyed that experience. Well for now lets hope for the best and move on.

(edit) Going through the forums, seeing so many bugs with those people glad it would be coming for us at a later date.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed but Happy right now because they ill make bug free TP for high end dont be worry and much features included for high end...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty happy not having the first build and I'm fine about waiting for a build that will support the 1520.

I know that the build when I get it will be more awesome than the current build.

I'm certainly not crying because I'm not on the first bus.

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm just hoping the build that gets released for the 930 will have Cortana available in uk as I use Cortana quite a bit i.e. reminders, alarms and general showing off at work

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use a 920 and a 1520 as my developer phones and yes, I was pretty disappointed to not get the preview on either of them, but I understand the reason behind it. What I do not understand is that MSFT did not communicate more clearly and set expectations right. For me it is really not about flagship or no flagship, I have the 1520 as developer device, so I can test on the larger screen. I might get a 635 as an additional developer phone, if the 920 should not get the preview soon.
From a user perspective, it is what it is. The releases to more phones will come when they are ready.
What MSFT needs to learn is that open previews target a large group of users and that expectations are different than in a closed beta for just a few selected. Communication is key and I hope that going forward they will stop with hyping things up and then disappoint a good portion of users and instead provide more or less solid roadmaps for future builds and make it clear what will come to which device.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Holyrolla

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You might want to re-read the reason for why other phones don't have the update yet. If you use this hack and you run out of space on the install partition, then you run a good risk of bricking the phone. Just wait for the official update, it's the safest way.

I think what's implied by the story, although it doesn't say it outright, is that there may be a way to load Win10M TP onto any phone that has an SD card slot through a file(s) on the SD card. If that's the case, then that bypasses needing the partition stitched or resized to fit the install file(s) in it.

But Win10M is itself a preview, and hacking a phone to load a preview, knowing there could be risks...I'm with you on that one. Let's just wait. I predict that we see the preview either Monday or Tuesday of next week.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for my 928. I'll install it as soon as I can. It's currently not my daily driver so I'll gladly take it, bugs and all.

This initial version didn't even have the new Outlook or Calendar client, did it? I'm not really missing anything yet. Love watching the videos though.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020, 920, 520 and was expecting at least one of them to be eligible.

No problem waiting for those, meanwhile I got a 635 on order from Amazon.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a 1520 and I'm not putting tech preview software on my daily driver phone. I've read reports of way too many things that are broken, unfinished or otherwise problematic in the tech preview. I love being on the latest tech, but that's too much functionality and stability to lose. Maybe when it reaches the dev preview stage (by //Build in May?) I'll put it on the big guy, but in the meantime I'm buying a cheap 635 to play with the tech preview.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
On my 1020 Waiting for "Denim".Oh Wait I have PFD.
*changelog
now waiting for Windows 10.

Looks like we will be only waiting :D

Just to kill sometime, I wonder if there was a time when no info got leaked from MS and bang everyone got an update? in short no hinting no waiting no whining in the forums?:amaze:

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I use a 920 and a 1520 as my developer phones and yes, I was pretty disappointed to not get the preview on either of them, but I understand the reason behind it. What I do not understand is that MSFT did not communicate more clearly and set expectations right. For me it is really not about flagship or no flagship, I have the 1520 as developer device, so I can test on the larger screen. I might get a 635 as an additional developer phone, if the 920 should not get the preview soon.
From a user perspective, it is what it is. The releases to more phones will come when they are ready.
What MSFT needs to learn is that open previews target a large group of users and that expectations are different than in a closed beta for just a few selected. Communication is key and I hope that going forward they will stop with hyping things up and then disappoint a good portion of users and instead provide more or less solid roadmaps for future builds and make it clear what will come to which device.

When MS said one OS all devices, doesnt it make it easier for the developers to use the PC or laptop much bigger screen and same OS? Just a thought, I am not a developer and no nothing about it. Is there any Logic behind my thinking?
Cheers

P.s I agree that MS did Hype this s#1t up then disappointed a lot of them. I think they rushed it through without much internal testing! I wonder if it was a move to keep them more relevant in the trending discussions around the world or they might loose the audience.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
When MS said one OS all devices, doesnt it make it easier for the developers to use the PC or laptop much bigger screen and same OS? Just a thought, I am not a developer and no nothing about it. Is there any Logic behind my thinking?
Cheers

P.s I agree that MS did Hype this s#1t up then disappointed a lot of them. I think they rushed it through without much internal testing! I wonder if it was a move to keep them more relevant in the trending discussions around the world or they might loose the audience.

We are part of the internal testing... This is the process to make sure everything runs perfectly. Welcome to the world of software and OS's.

It's not to keep relevance, people liked being on the Developer Preview, even if they're not developers (I'm part of that group). So now we're despite into the OS progression, meaning if the OS doesn't do well from here on out, it's on all of us. :p

Do your best when you get the update!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb