Agreed Waiting Room For 1520,1020,930 etc! are you waiting.???

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a 930 as a primary with 925 & 625 backups. I'll wait until it is available for my phone rather than attempt some sort of hack. I just got Denim about a week and a half ago so not major rush for me.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Installed it on my 1520 using the experimental method! Working very well. Love the new keyboard. Little bit of start screen lag, but other than that it works well

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Installed it on my 1520 using the experimental method! Working very well. Love the new keyboard. Little bit of start screen lag, but other than that it works well

there is back button not working perfectly and batery some bugs there i have downgraded my L1520 waiting for Official launch for My Lumia 1520... Do you?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
there is back button not working perfectly and batery some bugs there i have downgraded my L1520 waiting for Official launch for My Lumia 1520... Do you?

Only things I have noticed are the start screen/scrolling lag, if I'm at the bottom of my start screen, the back button will not bring me back up to the top (not sure if that's a bug, or if they just changed that. Same with scrolling in the app list, back button won't take me back to start) The little circle on the keyboard to move through what you're typing doesn't show up on ALL text fields, like right now for example.

glance screen page will not open, so I can't disable that like I usually do, also a few other options in the area won't open, non of which are concerning.

I did read that lots of people reset their phone from within the OS to fix bugs and get better performance, I didn't notice any difference after doing so. However it did change my phone info back to being correct after I had to change if for doing this work around, so that was beneficial.

Really loving the changes!

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Only things I have noticed are the start screen/scrolling lag, if I'm at the bottom of my start screen, the back button will not bring me back up to the top (not sure if that's a bug, or if they just changed that. Same with scrolling in the app list, back button won't take me back to start) The little circle on the keyboard to move through what you're typing doesn't show up on ALL text fields, like right now for example.

glance screen page will not open, so I can't disable that like I usually do, also a few other options in the area won't open, non of which are concerning.

I did read that lots of people reset their phone from within the OS to fix bugs and get better performance, I didn't notice any difference after doing so. However it did change my phone info back to being correct after I had to change if for doing this work around, so that was beneficial.

Really loving the changes!
Back button issue is a bug.
Yes that keyboard dot is not shown everywhere even text to speech is not shown in some apps.
I don't know about glance cause 520 don't have it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What this XDA hack does is make the phone think it's another model phone, so the update comes down. If MS is sending down the same software to all models, then this should not be an issue, IF they are sending out features per model, it could be just finding the right combo to install it.

If you really want it now, it should work but, I would check the XDA thread (like 20 or so pages) to see if someone tried it on their phone(same phone as you) and see their results.

This is all if you just cant wait any more, at this point it's like waiting for Denim for the ICON, no one was saying anything besides "soon".

Could be a month or so, if you really cant wait, then do a little homework before you try it...

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What this XDA hack does is make the phone think it's another model phone, so the update comes down. If MS is sending down the same software to all models, then this should not be an issue, IF they are sending out features per model, it could be just finding the right combo to install it.

If you really want it now, it should work but, I would check the XDA thread (like 20 or so pages) to see if someone tried it on their phone(same phone as you) and see their results.

This is all if you just cant wait any more, at this point it's like waiting for Denim for the ICON, no one was saying anything besides "soon".

Could be a month or so, if you really cant wait, then do a little homework before you try it...

Well I did it on my 1020 after all using 630s rom, interesting fact is I no longer have Dolby surround ie audio setting is disabled and summary the equalizer. Is there other rom that has Dolby.

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
*Walks in* Oh hey, there's a waiting room for Windows 10 also? I was killing myself with boredom in the *Denim update* waiting room so I may just come in here, maybe I won't be so bored... *Waves to everyone* :)

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried the Windows 10 TP on my Lumia 920 yesterday just to check new hack and then reinstalled back to 8.1 (I will wait for the technical preview for L920).

Today received the Denim update and now on Denim.
wp_ss_20150216_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb