Agreed Waiting Room For 1520,1020,930 etc! are you waiting.???

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Not going to fiddle around with this one. The preview is way to unstable with too many issues to even consider a hack.
besides not many features in this build. Buggy is still alright. I remember when I bought L520 right after wp8 launched, I had random restarts, among many problem, since then WP and bugs go together in my experience. It got fixed but still.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its running well. Lags occur rarely, and battery drains quite high on using wifi . Maybe because we cant disable any background applications in Battery Saver.

Overall experience is smooth.
Cheers man.
Hows the normal experience?(day to day use). Do all features functions well? (apart from the ones you said). How's the bugs affect overall performance?. I'm actually downloading the update and I'm worrying what if the update wont turn out good, luckily the update stops on downloading so l still have a change to abort.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a patient 930 user but I don't think I'm putting the TP on my main phone when it becomes available. It's not the overall risk, I'm sure the phone will work essentially but it's the loss of functionality, productivity and quality assurance from what is my day-to-day device. However, because I'm a passionate WP user, I'm considering getting a cheap 635 in order to test it and provide feedback.

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Cheers man.
Hows the normal experience?(day to day use). Do all features functions well? (apart from the ones you said). How's the bugs affect overall performance?. I'm actually downloading the update and I'm worrying what if the update wont turn out good, luckily the update stops on downloading so l still have a change to abort.

1)The video player crashes, hangs everytime.
2)The Photos app is very slow, lags the most.

But looks like, following these features wont let me rollback to 8.1 :)

1)The full-screen background wallpaper, makes 4.5" screen looks wider, brighter and larger.
2) The notification center, where you can read individual text/fb/whatsapp/bbm etc messages is very helpful in regular usage, saves time.
3)Text to speech conversion, is fun to play with ! Sometimes it gets wrong, but actually teaches you to speak right accent. Great feature ! :D

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
1)The video player crashes, hangs everytime.
2)The Photos app is very slow, lags the most.

But looks like, following these features wont let me rollback to 8.1 :)

1)The full-screen background wallpaper, makes 4.5" screen looks wider, brighter and larger.
2) The notification center, where you can read individual text/fb/whatsapp/bbm etc messages is very helpful in regular usage, saves time.
3)Text to speech conversion, is fun to play with ! Sometimes it gets wrong, but actually teaches you to speak right accent. Great feature ! :D
Hey man thanks for the reply, I couldn't wait any longer so I did the update, I'm never going back to 8.1. Im loving it so far. I think this is how the Windows Phone OS should have been.
Have you minimized the issue on rapid battery drain? My only concern right know is, will MS be releasing frequent update for unsupported devices. I wonder how often supported devices get the update

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey man thanks for the reply, I couldn't wait any longer so I did the update, I'm never going back to 8.1. Im loving it so far. I think this is how the Windows Phone OS should have been.
Have you minimized the issue on rapid battery drain? My only concern right know is, will MS be releasing frequent update for unsupported devices. I wonder how often supported devices get the update

I have noticed that the Full screen background wallpaper is causing the lags and jitters in UI in every phone.
Upon removing the background, scrolling & transition in home-screen is snappy as 8.1. Noticing better battery performance as well !

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
AKASH SHARMA HACKED LUMIA 1520 WHICH ONE I HACED 4 DAYS BACK ITS SHOWS THAT I HAVE HACKED LUMIA 1520

there is a detail.
Windows 10 Mobile TP running on the Lumia 1520 (VIDEO) - WMPoweruser

Is not a big deal,and other users have been doing it, both on the 920 and other lumias, is not even a hack is just tricking the Microsoft severs that you're either using a 630 or a 730 or even an 830 then you get the update, but please after following that procedure remember to change it to the original model number

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am very much back to 8.1 on my 1020, battery drain was at times 50% in half hour with mixed usage. Better wait for more stable builds, with relatively more features. It is definitely not worth it installing on your daily driver at least at this stage. Knowing office, outlook are not going to be in next builds either its simply not fun if you are not a developer.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am very much back to 8.1 on my 1020, battery drain was at times 50% in half hour with mixed usage. Better wait for more stable builds, with relatively more features. It is definitely not worth it installing on your daily driver at least at this stage. Knowing office, outlook are not going to be in next builds either its simply not fun if you are not a developer.

You installed developer preview wp8.1 its requires hard reset after installation kindly hard reset your phone and do every thing new not in restore data install fresh application.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep, totally agree : W10 TP is nice to try out, but some irks are too much.
Battery drain was never that dramatic on my 830 though, but the camera was just about dead, that was the showstopper for me. Went out for a day in the snow with friends and more than half my shots did not fire, or when they did, it was over 5 seconds after I shot... And the camera doesn't start with the camera button.
'nuff said, back into happy land with 8.1!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb